Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Cu Baire wrote: »
    Everyone has their own opinions and are entitled to hold them.

I have to disagree with some poster's assessments of the performance of some Limerick players.
    In no way could Paddy O Loughlin or Peter Casey be described as having good games. Both were unsuited to their positions. POL has his fans but needs to speed up his hurling to play at this level. PC is a fine hurler but not a player to be sent to compete in the air around midfield with taller more mobile players.

Fair play to young Jack O Grady he was Limerick's only outstanding player. Barry Murphy was on fire but got no usable ball in the 2nd half.

Willie O Meara should start the next day but none of the 3 starting half forwards were even slightly effective.

How the sideline did not bring SF out the field after Cork's 2nd goal is unforgiveable.

I'd have to agree with most of that bar loughin who I thought was immense in not best position

You have same view as my self regardless flangan who not othdox full forward
    I agree o meara should start the next day and hoilhan if fit but I know your a huge fan of daly, have been since day one, always felt daly was a top coach so yes I respect your opinion but I always strongly disagree daly as a coach as you know
    Huge problems this set up has imo is it has two managers and no coach
    This set up is crying out for niall moran

Even the touch and striking of this team showed imo poor reflection on coaching to what it was last year
    Six lads from last year had experience cork didn't have but this team imo lacks direction from the management

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

I'd have to agree with most of that bar loughin who I thought was immense in not best position

You have same view as my self regardless flangan who not othdox full forward
    I agree o meara should start the next day and hoilhan if fit but I know your a huge fan of daly, have been since day one, always felt daly was a top coach so yes I respect your opinion but I always strongly disagree daly as a coach as you know
    Huge problems this set up has imo is it has two managers and no coach
    This set up is crying out for niall moran

Even the touch and striking of this team showed imo poor reflection on coaching to what it was last year
    Six lads from last year had experience cork didn't have but this team imo lacks direction from the management

Yes on the surface you would have to say management is an issue when a minor team with 6 starters from a team that reached the all Ireland final the year before gets beaten by 10 points, certainly not coming out of it with any credit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

We had our chance last year. Losing to Cork means we can write this year off, not that I was expecting much anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Will TJ still be in charge come the Clare game? not a happy camp presently.

Vanolder wrote: »

Is there rumours ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Great stuff, who do we parachute in?

Rightwing wrote: »
    Is there rumours ?

All kinds- TJ is a dead man walking - allegedly and apparently and if we are to believe what we are told.

Tom Ryan and Ciaran Carey to be parachuted in :cool:

All kinds- TJ is a dead man walking - allegedly and apparently and if we are to believe what we are told.

I couldn't really understand how he got this in the first place. He was a flop with U21s.

I'd like to see Ryan & Carey get it. No chance though. ;)

Love it :p:pac::D

Is this Friday entertainment for yourself or no smoke without fire?

The drama never stops with Limerick thats for sure.

I'd be reluctant to believe the rumours until evidence is produced but if true, well I'm sorry now but I have no sympathy for the player's or some limerick when they lauded those appointment from day one and consideration players unhappy with o grady they well and truly made their bed if there now unhappy with him if it's true and again I say if true by other poster said

They were unhappy with o grady style last year , look who they're got
    Again regards rumours I wouldn't believe them just yet but rather than jump on any rumour ship just now I be fair always said tj Ryan appointment was only going to end one way despite many times being critsed for such views when quote simply ignore wasn't trying to get any reaction but simply being honest to call a spade a spade and he's record was poor and awfully with talented undrr twenty one set up

• Advertisement

I couldn't really understand how he got this in the first place. He was a flop with U21s.

I'd like to see Ryan & Carey get it. No chance though. ;)

Are you really serous to think either could do a job both are poor managers modern game and have no idea tactics at all at all at all imo

I'd be reluctant to believe the rumours until evidence is produced but if true, well I'm sorry now but I have no sympathy for the player's or some limerick when they lauded those appointment from day one and consideration players unhappy with o grady they well and truly made their bed if there now unhappy with him if it's true and again I say if true by other poster said

They were unhappy with o grady style last year , look who they're got
    Again regards rumours I wouldn't believe them just yet but rather than jump on any rumour ship just now I be fair always said tj Ryan appointment was only going to end one way despite many times being critsed for such views when quote simply ignore wasn't trying to get any reaction but simply being honest to call a spade a spade and he's record was poor and awfully with talented undrr twenty one set up

But nobody wants or indeed expects your sympathy.

Yes, you did slate TJ, but let the story develop before congratulating yourself.

Yes, you did slate TJ, but let the story develop before celebrating and congratulating yourself.

To be honest if tj is in trouble I geuinely feel sorry for him and he doesn't deserve it if true in imo bit like moyles at united should never got job and hugely unfair ask him to do it
    He is one my heroes as a player and certainly fefor his if under pressure now from those who actually supported him get job but then days after moral victory to KK rushed through special motion which ignored 48nornal notice such motion propose three year deal as manager when there was no rush
    I geuinely feel for him if he's under pressure
    He shouldn't be forced out now but review end of the year

Yes, you did slate TJ, but let the story develop before congratulating yourself.

As regards slate , no I did not I critsed him purely as manager field play on results which is quite acceptable
    I hugely praised him as a player
    I respect your opinion and appreciate it but I have different logic to yourself in i don't praise a guy or team one minute change course half way through unless I have reason to
    He's record to be fair was hardly great as a manager
    He needs a top coach with him
    I agree I wouldn't believe rumours poster said just yet
    I normally hsve good connection limerick hurling and I heard nothing there was trouble brewing at all so as said ist post wouldn't believe rumours with out evidence

Are you really serous to think either could do a job both are poor managers modern game and have no idea tactics at all at all at all imo

Absolutely.

As for TJ, I agree, he was a great player, now mightn't be up to it at managerial level, I've had my doubts but as you say let him see out this year and see how he goes.

Absolutely.

As for TJ, I agree, he was a great player, now mightn't be up to it at managerial level, I've had my doubts but as you say let him see out this year and see how he goes.

Well your entitled to your opinion but here's my take if they need manager

It would be a calamity of disasters upon disaster imo tom Ryan even had anything do with limerick senior hurling team as he's poor tactical wise he couldn't beat fourteen man wexford in all Ireland final as they dropped man back when scallan got sent off, he won't play a sweeper but it'd fifty fifty won your battles type game, too old school and he will imo modern game take limerick hurling backward despite young talents

He always creates controversial or there's always a drama wherever he goes and imo never he's fault
    He done nothing with undrr twenty ones or intermediate but again drama last year
    He's great to tell others how do a job but bar two munster finals fair enough were big back then he lost two all Ireland finals and in particular imo hugely blame for wexford game and dropping mike galligan

Carey has a poor record and yes done well in kerry but he had mark foley with him
    Carey great player but is similar to Ryan and no improvement in he's passionate yes but is not tactically astute modern game
    It baffles me at times how some limerick public still can not realise after Allen and Ryan how ye crave a tactical manager yet names of possible candidates imo are old school managers

Well your entitled to your opinion but here's my take if they need manager

It would be a calamity of disasters upon disaster imo tom Ryan even had anything do with limerick senior hurling team as he's poor tactical wise he couldn't beat fourteen man wexford in all Ireland final as they dropped man back when scallan got sent off, he won't play a sweeper but it'd fifty fifty won your battles type game, too old school and he will imo modern game take limerick hurling backward despite young talents

He always creates controversial or there's always a drama wherever he goes and imo never he's fault
    He done nothing with undrr twenty ones or intermediate but again drama last year
    He's great to tell others how do a job but bar two munster finals fair enough were big back then he lost two all Ireland finals and in particular imo hugely blame for wexford game and dropping mike galligan

Carey has a poor record and yes done well in kerry but he had mark foley with him
    Carey great player but is similar to Ryan and no improvement in he's passionate yes but is not tactically astute modern game
    It baffles me at times how some limerick public still can not realise after Allen and Ryan how ye crave a tactical manager yet names of possible candidates imo are old school managers

Can you remember that '96 final well ? Yes or No ?

Can you remember that '96 final well ? Yes or No ?

What do you think now if I mentioned it

What do you think now if I mentioned it

Probably not, and in fairness, nor would I expect you to. But I do.
    • We had a fair goal disallowed
    • Ref gave Wex a load of frees to balance up the sending off
    • Our main man, Kirby got a broken finger after 2 mins.
    It was certainly an AI that got away, but 1 man I wouldn't blame is Tom Ryan.

Probably not, and in fairness, nor would I expect you to. But I do.
    • We had a fair goal disallowed
    • Ref gave Wex a load of frees to balance up the sending off
    • Our main man, Kirby got a broken finger after 2 mins.
    It was certainly an AI that got away, but 1 man I wouldn't blame is Tom Ryan.
    No he did not be fair now
    Yes kirby got a broken finger I agree
    Goal was rightly so disallowed
    Tactics were poor as wexford played deep
    Mike galligan should started now the referee doesn't pick the team but tom Ryan did
    I have no interest in going round in circles with you regards this like we did when I told you kilmallock would be well beaten by ballyhale, John Allen was not up it well before they were found out but you still couldn't see this
    But yes your opinion
    I'll respect your opinion but I strongly disagree with it and imo if tom Ryan got senior job there would be some upheaval in limerick

• Advertisement

No he did not be fair now
    Yes kirby got a broken finger I agree
    Goal was rightly so disallowed
    Tactics were poor as wexford played deep
    Mike galligan should started now the referee doesn't pick the team but tom Ryan did
    I have no interest in going round in circles with you regards this like we did when I told you kilmallock would be well beaten by ballyhale, John Allen was not up it well before they were found out but you still couldn't see this
    But yes your opinion
    I'll respect your opinion but I strongly disagree with it and imo if tom Ryan got senior job there would be some upheaval in limerick

Why was the goal disallowed then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Greensoup

Well done Vanolder.....there will always be a few.

Serious about the unrest, not a happy camp... I was only joking about Ryan and Carey, calm down.

Unrest doesnt surprise me, the league was a disaster. Players look short in terms of fitness and tactics. Plus some of these players are getting good coaching at club/college/underage level, they might be finding TJ a bit wanting, but its too late to change now.

Unrest doesnt surprise me, the league was a disaster. Players look short in terms of fitness and tactics. Plus some of these players are getting good coaching at club/college/underage level, they might be finding TJ a bit wanting, but its too late to change now.
    Paddy I huge respect for your posting as you know as probably one few I agree with
    I means this greatest respect but you were saying in January even February you felt they had chance regards all Ireland win this year , does it not surprised you now the problems in camp?
    Certainly doesn't surprise me at all

Some of the talk here regards all Ireland and just three players from all Ireland imo defied all logic
    Ye have huge problems going forward as there's no list real candidates available imo who are good enough or if are would actually want get involved as with disgraced treatment of cunningham Wallis and o grady and if tj is ended before term it's fair question surely to ask who would actually want the job daly the only candidate and imo always groomed for job and probably would get but it will show up shambles appointment at director under age if leaves so early
    Daly has he understandbly doubters too imo

Paddy I huge respect for your posting as you know as probably one few I agree with
    I means this greatest respect but you were saying in January even February you felt they had chance regards all Ireland win this year , does it not surprised you now the problems in camp?

Some of the talk here regards all Ireland and just three players from all Ireland imo defied all logic
    Ye have huge problems going forward as there's no list real candidates available imo who are good enough or if are would actually want get involved as with disgraced treatment of cunningham Wallis and o grady and if tj is ended before term it's fair question surely to ask who would actually want the job daly the only candidate and imo always groomed for job and probably would get but it will show up shambles appointment at director under age if leaves so early

We have the players, I've said I dont rate TJ and no it doesnt surprise me that there is unrest. All the same I dont come on here for unrelenting negativity and i'll always hold out hope even if the evidence is there that its not going to happen. Really it shouldnt be beyond any coach to get a tune out of our current squad. Fitness, some tactics and selections, not too difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

Wait a minute, there are rumours of discontent, nothing more, anyone can start a rumour on the internet and suddenly it becomes fact, maybe they had a bare all meeting to get things out in the open, then it becomes Chinese whispers and suddenly they're all against the management, maybe they are not happy with the training or management, didn't seem like it last year though.
    The time for told you so's and soul searching will be at the end of the year, when we see where all teams end up, it's been a few poor weeks for limerick at all levels, let's see how we go for the rest of the year before digging the grave just yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

Mehapoy wrote: »
    Wait a minute, there are rumours of discontent, nothing more, anyone can start a rumour on the internet and suddenly it becomes fact, maybe they had a bare all meeting to get things out in the open, then it becomes Chinese whispers and suddenly they're all against the management, maybe they are not happy with the training or management, didn't seem like it last year though.
    The time for told you so's and soul searching will be at the end of the year, when we see where all teams end up, it's been a few poor weeks for limerick at all levels, let's see how we go for the rest of the year before digging the grave just yet...

Anyone like vanolder?

Mehapoy wrote: »
    Valid point and I agree nothing is proven yet I haven't heard of any problems but even if not I can't see them doing much this year

• Advertisement

We have the players, I've said I dont rate TJ and no it doesnt surprise me that there is unrest. All the same I dont come on here for unrelenting negativity and i'll always hold out hope even if the evidence is there that its not going to happen. Really it shouldnt be beyond any coach to get a tune out of our current squad. Fitness, some tactics and selections, not too difficult.
    Fair points and I understand it's not best be always negative
    I find my self in the same boat with cork senior football
    In my case I can't be positive if know it'd going to fail I have be realistic when comes coaching imo coach is either up to it or not at elite level
    It sounds harsh but it's either black or white imo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement