Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight of the Conchords - Olympia, Wed 5th, Thurs 6th May

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Tenks

To be fair, the stupid comments from the crowd probably did lead to the funniest moments of the night. "WHERE'S MURRAY?" "...He's with all other fictional characters?" :cool:

Both lads have such great wit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Tenks wrote: »
    To be fair, the stupid comments from the crowd probably did lead to the funniest moments of the night. "WHERE'S MURRAY?" "...He's with all other fictional characters?" :cool:

To be honest I wanted to know where Kristen Schaal was (Not Mel as shouted by the crowd).
    I like DOD and enjoyed his wee set but was looking forward to seeing Kristen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

I saw them last year and they played a good mix of both albums unlike the Olympia shows, which was very much focused on the 1st season/album. I really was looking forward to hearing Hurt Feelings live again and they did a brilliant version of 'We're both in love with a sexy lady' which segued into an amazing version of Sugalumps.

Was great to see them in a more intimate venue.

PS. Hands up everyone who bought a FOTC kitchen cloth - it's classic:) I got the Dublin print too but only found out when I got home last night that it was the 6th listed on it, and I went on the 5th. D'oh!!

Yeah, quite a pity really - as far as I remember it was only Demon Woman that they played from ITYIWF on Wednesday. There's as many classics on that one as their first!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Tenks wrote: »

Definitely:). The ultimate in dry humour!

I thought the preservation in the bog line didn't go down too well though. You know the cultural references comedians/performers usually slot in? Maybe it was funny to them because they don't have bogs in New Zealand. And they also had a short exchange about a bog not being a toilet. Never heard that one before lads! : P Maybe they thought they'd get inspiration from the crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

did they only do one song in the encore on wednesday night? we were hoping for more but just being greedy cause the night was brilliant:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Linguo wrote: »
    did they only do one song in the encore on wednesday night? we were hoping for more but just being greedy cause the night was brilliant:D

Yeah, they did Bowie! Wish they played for longer :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

I love FOTC - I would have gone, but what put me off was the likelyhood of it being packed with complete tools & douchebags who can't STFU. Constantly yelling jokes & one-liners at the band - makes me cringe. That would have annoyed me more than I would have enjoyed the actual gig.

I assume I was right?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I love FOTC - I would have gone, but what put me off was the likelyhood of it being packed with complete tools & douchebags who can't STFU. Constantly yelling jokes & one-liners at the band - makes me cringe. That would have annoyed me more than I would have enjoyed the actual gig.

I assume I was right?

Not really. There were people shouting up, but because of Jemaine and Brett's natural wit, they turned it all into funny moments. I think if I didn't go somewhere because of the likelyhood of tools and idiots, I'd never leave the house :D

Nah, it was worth it I reckon. As much as the shouters and stuff annoyed me, it's Flight of the Conchords

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

You mustn't get out much so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I assume I was right?

Assume away.

Thursday night wasn't like that at all. You just missed a great gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

I assume I was right?

You seriously missed out on one of the best nights out, next time (assuming there is one) don't let silly reasons like that stop you going to a gig!!

Wish they would announce another few gigs here!Thank God we have Frankie Boyle to look forward to in a few weeks to keep us going:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Arj Barker is gonna be at the Carlsberg Comedy Carnival for anyone interested! :)

See Bret won an Oscar last night for Best Original Song

"Man or Muppet" from The Muppets - music and lyrics by Bret McKenzie

Good man Bret!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

"Band meeting. Item one. Bret's Oscar win".

Seriously, though. How low must that microphone have been if Bret had to stoop down to talk into it?

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Congrats to Bret and all that, but bumping this thread got me all excited about a gig that's not happening!! :mad:

Oops! Sorry. I just searched for a FotC thread and this was the first one that came up. Didn't want to start a new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Oops! Sorry. I just searched for a FotC thread and this was the first one that came up. Didn't want to start a new thread.
    Ah you're ok. I got Hurt Feelings is all.

Ah you're ok. I got Hurt Feelings is all.

Me too...

Advertisement