Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight of the Conchords - Olympia, Wed 5th, Thurs 6th May

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭RMC10

I never knew that Kiosk was a ticketmaster, someone told me to try there, just called them there and they said they only got three tickets which were obviously yours Joe_Dull. I'm so gutted I didn't get tickets, after being online and on the phone for 9am, grrrrrrrrr! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 tommywiseau

sold out in 40secs i hear..luckily my lady friend managed to get 2 for the first night, FRONT ROW this morning! bought from a ticketmaster outlet in galway... web buying never seems to work with high profile gigs like these, learned the hard way in the past..cannot wait now! woo-woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

RMC10 wrote: »
    I never knew that Kiosk was a ticketmaster, someone told me to try there, just called them there and they said they only got three tickets which were obviously yours Joe_Dull. I'm so gutted I didn't get tickets, after being online and on the phone for 9am, grrrrrrrrr! :mad:

Apologies man :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

They put on extra dates in the UK.. no luck here tho

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Anybody else get their tickets? I ordered mine on Wednesday and got them on Friday! :eek::)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 australia bound

FOTC tickets on sale for the Manchester gig has just gone on pre-sale
    got two tickets for the second row of the inner circle - nice :):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mskippy

I'm going to both nights and one in Manchester.:D
    I can not wait for April to just come and go! Haven't looked forward to something so much in such a long time! It's like Christmas but waaayy better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Yeah it's very exciting, don't want to get our expectations too high but we know they're going to be GREAT:D

Anyone any idea on the likely hood of them announcing another date for Dublin??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

unklerosco wrote: »
    Anyone any idea on the likely hood of them announcing another date for Dublin??

From all accounts it's slim to none. The Olympia isn't free when they are.

• Advertisement

Dang... Well, guess I'll try n get tickets for a gig in the UK... Unless anyone has any to spare here..

Missed out for tickets for Dublin, Glasgow, London and Manchester...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mskippy

I'm the only person I know that likes them enough to go see them so I'm heading on my own. Anyone else in the same boat?

Finally got tickets for Wembley in the pre sale this morning, got great seats too!

Q an email in the next 5 mins about a new date for Dublin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CarlaL

Want to see Flight of the Conchords in the Olympia but don't want to give insane amounts of money to touts? We're campaigning for more Dublin dates on the FOTC European tour and need you to show your support.

We have set up a petition page on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=389960620849&ref=mf
    so please join and help us show them how many of you out there want to go see FOTC this May. England has already got 3 extra dates added so it should be possible to get more dates to Dublin.

Here’s the plan: The Olympia Theatre holds 1,300 so when the petition reaches that many members we are going to contact the Olympia, Ticketmaster and whoever else we need to get another date added.

So please join and invite anyone else that appreciates Flight of the Conchords.

CarlaL wrote: »

And what date do you propose for this? The Olympia isn't available on the Conchords free dates around the Dublin gig.

Not necessarily, there was originally only 1 date in Manchester. Second one added is two days before the original dates. So its Manchester - Birmingham - Manchester.

For Wembley the new date is 7 days before the original Wembley date...

Fair enough, there's no dates in the olympia that really suit them, but there's plenty of other venues in dublin that they could use

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

I'm pretty sure that the promoters are well aware that there is enough interest for additional dates and would put on another date if they could. They are also aware of all the facts that we are not which includes venue availability, band availability, band requirements etc. That they haven't put on another date means there is probably a reason we are unaware of for them not doing so.

I think people blindly believe that extra dates 'due to popular demand' are just added as tickets sell and not pre-planned when the tour is being booked.

Some of them perhaps are but by and large I'd say extra dates are all worked into the touring schedule from the start.

If there was going to be an extra date it'd be announced by now I'd say and no Facebook group is going to do anything about that.

CarlaL wrote: »
    Want to see Flight of the Conchords in the Olympia but don't want to give insane amounts of money to touts? We're campaigning for more Dublin dates on the FOTC European tour and need you to show your support.

We have set up a petition page on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=389960620849&ref=mf
    so please join and help us show them how many of you out there want to go see FOTC this May. England has already got 3 extra dates added so it should be possible to get more dates to Dublin.

Here’s the plan: The Olympia Theatre holds 1,300 so when the petition reaches that many members we are going to contact the Olympia, Ticketmaster and whoever else we need to get another date added.

picard-no-facepalm.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Well, ya gotta do something to let FOTC know if there's anything you can do, please put on another date. Otherwise (like me) ya gotta wait until they do another tour :(

Found out about the tickets far too late :(

• Advertisement

Just seen on the FOTC website that David O'Doherty is down for the support act in Dublin. Cool. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Just seen on the FOTC website that David O'Doherty is down for the support act in Dublin. Cool. :)

I do like David O'Doherty a lot but does this mean that Kristen Schaal isn't performing?

...does this mean that Kristen Schaal isn't performing?
    It looks that way.... http://flightoftheconchords.co.nz/on-tour/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

mskippy wrote: »
    I'm the only person I know that likes them enough to go see them so I'm heading on my own. Anyone else in the same boat?
    yes. but you seem a bit mental seeing them 3 times! (2days in a row in the same venue:eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

So, fotc have to get to Ireland from Holland on Wednesday. This ash had better **** off :mad:

jk86 wrote: »
    So, fotc have to get to Ireland from Holland on Wednesday. This ash had better **** off :mad:

Ah they can get the Ferry. :/ I hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Hopefully they're on a tour bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Turlock

Hopefully they're on a tour bus.

Or at least an Accord :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Yeah, I got confused there, I didn't know what to do. Honda Accord was too big to fit in the gap there, so I put bus back in. I knew as soon as I wrote it there'd be some sort of controversy.

Ah murray ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 giggidyelmo

anyone know what the scéal is? Are they boating it or have been stuck in Amsterdam by feckin Volcano? It's already taken LCD from us!

Advertisement