Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US/IRL] 6x06 - "Sundown" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I think Miles pretty much confirmed that it wasnt the spring that resurected Sayid. As he said, it was 2 hours after he was submerged in the spring when he woke up, and the Others were surprised he woke up too

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Well I thought that was a fantastic episode, and one again I don't understand the complaints.

I really have faith in the writers in relation to the alt-timeline. I'm sure they know what they are doing and come the end of the season it will all make sense. Can people just be patient?

Loved, how Dogen manipulated Saayid, who in turn was manipulated by MIB.

Loved how Claire reacted to Kate.

Loved Smokey going in and zapped everyone.

Loved how Ben witnessed the turning of Saayid.

Could go on and on.

I think Dogen could be back. He died in the healing water, and also I found he didn't put up a huge struggle. Wonder if it's all a masterplan.
    The season is going at a great pace now, shaping up to a big battle of Jacob's team v Mib's team.

Don't forget we still have to see what Jack and Sawyer do. Also , Richard Alpert is to return and I think he will be very important.
    Fed up with people complaing about not enough answers before the season has finished. Especially when you compare it to the first 3 seasons which just threw up mystery after mystery after mystery.
    I honestly feel that this show will have a classic and unforgetable ending and I'm really just enjoying it while it lasts.

Also, are we all convinced that Ben, after all, was always a good guy?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,674 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but I just saw an interesting idea on The Fuselage. When Jacob told Dogen that he could save his son's life but Dogen would have to come to the island and could never see him again, what if Jacob was referring to the sideways timeline? As we saw last week, Dogen's son is still alive in that reality. So maybe the flashsideways were all part of Jacob's plan.

The same could apply to what happened to Juliet's sister. She had cancer, but Ben told Juliet that Jacob said he would take care of her if she stayed on the island. Ben later showed her a video of her healthy sister with a son. Maybe this was actually the sideways timeline as well. And of course this would make sense, as Juliet needed to stay on the island so she could go back in time and cause the sideways reality to exist.

Richard took the video of Juliet's sister, so this would men the Others have a means of travelling to the other reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

murpho999 wrote: »
    Also, are we all convinced that Ben, after all, was always a good guy?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Ur funny.
    IBen later showed her a video of her healthy sister with a son. Maybe this was actually the sideways timeline as well. And of course this would make sense, as Juliet needed to stay on the island so she could go back in time and cause the sideways reality to exist.
    This makes know sens as how would they get the video from one reality to another ?
    Richard took the video of Juliet's sister, so this would men the Others have a means of travelling to the other reality.
    Ah come on you are just entirely making this up - there is no basis for this in the show.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,674 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Ah come on you are just entirely making this up
    Of course I am. :D Nobody knows anything. I'm just throwing ideas out there.
    - there is no basis for this in the show.
    Well, there was the underwater station called The Looking Glass, which was a reference to the mirror Alice used to travel to another reality. Why would Dharma use a submarine when boats, planes, helicopters did the trick just as well. The island is underwater in the sideways reality. There could easily be a connection between all these things.

But even disregarding the Juliet-video bit, the first part could still be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

Isn't it possible that MIB is bound by similar rules to those preventing Dogen from harming "candidates? Although he's killed a number of characters none of them were visible in the cave/lighthouse section were they?

People keep referring to Dogens goal to have Sayid killed by MIB but you'll notice he's actually the second choice to be sent out to confront MIB, he initially asks for Jack and Hurley, again both candidates. When Claire speaks to him upon entering the temple and he refuses to come out in person, she tells him to send someone MIB "won't kill". It seems more likely that he turns to Sayid reluctantly as a last option, rather than as part of a circuitous assassination plot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

have you people learned nothing?

Dead is Dead. Dogen is dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Jazzy wrote: »
    have you people learned nothing?

Dead is Dead. Dogen is dead

care to explain Sayid then?

kryogen wrote: »

And Mikhail

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

And Mikhail

When did he come back from the dead?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

kryogen wrote: »

too big a character to kill basically. its when its convenient. they needed a big statement of evil from sayid and they got it by having him kill dogen. he wont be back, ill bet the house on it

edit - im actually really enjoying this season. i love where they are going with it :)

People keep referring to Dogens goal to have Sayid killed by MIB but you'll notice he's actually the second choice to be sent out to confront MIB, he initially asks for Jack and Hurley, again both candidates. When Claire speaks to him upon entering the temple and he refuses to come out in person, she tells him to send someone MIB "won't kill". It seems more likely that he turns to Sayid reluctantly as a last option, rather than as part of a circuitous assassination plot.

Oh yeah. Maybe Flocke couldn't kill Sayid even if he wanted to. Hmmm can you kill a zombie anyhow ? FLocke and Sayid are seemingly both 'undead' already.
    Dempsey wrote: »
    When did he come back from the dead?

Mikhail. Couple of times I think. The sonic fence fried his brain once and i think he was shot or something another time but he was still there to kill Charlie. I saw reference to it on another site which reminded me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Mikhail. Couple of times I think. The sonic fence fried his brain once and i think he was shot or something another time but he was still there to kill Charlie. I saw reference to it on another site which reminded me.

The fence wasnt set to kill according to Mikhail plus people can recover from injuries faster on the island.

Shot in the chest with an arrow but never checked if he was dead.

Its hard to determine when people actually die and when they are badly injured tbh and the writers have their excuse for surprise comebacks.

Ya can be grand in 1 day after a punctured lung, but cant survive a pregnancy. You cant get cancer but get a tumor and of course walk if you arrived paralyzed, if and when it suits.....the island :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Thought for half a second Sayid was gonna stab kate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

51 - Austen, scratched out on the Cave wall (not seen in the episode but confirmed by Darlton) but seen not scratched out in the Lighthouse.
    Am I wrong in thinking that that isn't her real name though?

I felt really weird after watching it. You spend solong waiting for something to happen and then it all happens together. It's like being a diabetic all your life and then breaking into the cadbury's factory, being found in the morning by police, a quivering mess, with a belly full of chocolate.
    While I was happy that something happened, I was, again, a little disappointed by the lack of answers.
    I give it a 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,468 ✭✭✭✭Penn

budgemook wrote: »
    Your not really answering what I'm asking. Fake Locke is controlling Claire, Sayid and his new followers for sure. I don't think it's based just on an offer. Sayid knows that trick very well. The fact that he has so many followers so quickly says to me he can control people just by talking to them.

I still don't think he's 'controlling' them, just manipulating them. He has so many followers so quickly because Sayids message said that if they didn't join him, he'd kill them. He hadn't even spoken to any of the Others who joined him. They chose to join him rather than be killed.

Claire is following him because he told her he'd help her get Aaron back. Sayid is following him because he told him he could be with Nadia. Sawyer is following him because it's his only way off the island.

If Fake Locke could just control people by speaking to them, he wouldn't need to promise them anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭budgemook

I still don't think he's 'controlling' them, just manipulating them. He has so many followers so quickly because Sayids message said that if they didn't join him, he'd kill them. He hadn't even spoken to any of the Others who joined him. They chose to join him rather than be killed.

Claire is following him because he told her he'd help her get Aaron back. Sayid is following him because he told him he could be with Nadia. Sawyer is following him because it's his only way off the island.

If Fake Locke could just control people by speaking to them, he wouldn't need to promise them anything.

Why do they have a demonic crazy ass look about them so? Why is "evil growing within them"

I suppose though, going back to the star wars reference, the emperor didn't really control anakin, just promised him stuff and he turned evil by himself, although the change seems quicker in lost.

I still think fake Locke would have died had Sayid stabbed him quickly, I don't think that was a trick by Dogen. Hopefully we'll get an answer to that.

I think it's a bit of both. More than just manipulation, but not quite control. Like Flagg in The Stand, I think MIB just has a very powerful influence over people which is hard to resist.

Although in the case of Sayid and Claire he may be in part responsible for their being alive. If this is true and he can give life to dead people (in return for their following him), then he can probably take it away just as easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭nc6000

If this wasn't the final season I'd have stopped watching, I'm only barely hanging in there to see how it ends. From what I've seen so far in Season 6 we'll all be disappointed with the ending.

They are obviously making it up as they go along and had no idea of the ending when the show started.

From last nights episode there appear to have been about 40 people living in "The Temple". In the whole time since 815 crashes nobody encountered any of them or found the temple while moving around the island? :rolleyes:

It's getting pathetic now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Soby wrote: »
    Thought for half a second Sayid was gonna stab kate

Nah, Claire will be looking to kill her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

nc6000 wrote: »
    If this wasn't the final season I'd have stopped watching, I'm only barely hanging in there to see how it ends. From what I've seen so far in Season 6 we'll all be disappointed with the ending.

They are obviously making it up as they go along and had no idea of the ending when the show started.

From last nights episode there appear to have been about 40 people living in "The Temple". In the whole time since 815 crashes nobody encountered any of them or found the temple while moving around the island? :rolleyes:

It's getting pathetic now.

OK, for the umpteenth time. The writers producers were asked to make a pilot for a show based on a plane crashing on a deserted island. That's all they knew at the time. Season 1 - Yes it was getting made up as they went along but in the season break they started to map things out and plan ahead. There came a point where they knew what the end game was and what the last scene would entail and they couldn't begin to realise this until they were given an ultimate end date.
    So, no they are not making it up as they go along - they have had a plan for a few years now.

Temple others have been in the show before. What springs to mind the most is in Season 2 when Jin and the tailies hid and saw them walk by barefoot with the kids they kidnapped. I know Ben's others made lists of who to kidnap, but they are part of the same gang of others, just an outer ring of a larger group so to speak.
    The guys never found the temple because they probably would have been caught beforehand. I know the french team got there easily enough but smokie was quick to attack so who knows what the lay of the land was in 1988 compared to 2004.

We've known about the Temple since season 3. The 40 or so people living it in are pretty much the same group of Others who we saw leave Otherville in 3x15. They went to the Temple for sanctuary apparently because they knew Widmore was coming.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

It seems to me that Jacob and MiB were both unable to visit the temple. Why give Hurley a guitar case with a message inside with a list of names when he could of easily filled Dogen in on the plan and for him to expect them. Also Jacob spent his time in the statue not the temple so it seems to me that maybe the temple is a santuary from whatever is happening on the island. People go there because it is safe or they can use it to recover from their wounds etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭brick tamland

When Sayid was talking about the one thing he really wanted died in his arms....was he definiatly talking about Nadia or could it possibly have been Shannon?

When Sayid was talking about the one think he really wanted dying in his arms....was he definiatly talking about Nadia or could it possibly have been Shannon?

I'd say Nadia. He loved Nadia before he came to the island, and finally got to marry her after he left. Plus, the episode flash-sideways focused on him and Nadia. I'd say it's pretty much a certainty that he was talking about Nadia

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭budgemook

When Sayid was talking about the one think he really wanted dying in his arms....was he definiatly talking about Nadia or could it possibly have been Shannon?
    That's a very good question.

Hmmmm.

I can't even remember if Nadia did indeed die in his arms. Can anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Definetly see similarities between The Stand occuring, Unlocke with the seductive traits of R.F. and people choosing sides. Maybe Hurley is Nick Andros, pure innocent and naive. The writers admitted a few years back that the first character the wrote in was Hurley, everyone else followed afterwards.

And as regards Sayid i think a whole Darth Vader persona exists and maybe at the end of series he will side with Jack and Hurley! Although Claires behaviour does bring doubt to that thought

Sayid's execution of Keamy reminded me of when Saywer kill that big fat other that took Walt!

One thing that concerned was Unlocke paid little attention to Sun who is a potential candidate. By the episode title 'Sundown' i thought that it was a Jin and Sun episode. Looking forward to when she meet Jin actually, could be some tears. She hasnt seen him since the freighter exploded right? She must be gagging for it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Hmmmm.

lostincnadiakilled.jpg

I think he picked her up after she landed! Did she say something to him??

Hmmmm.

She did I think. After she was hit by the car, Sayid ran over to her and held her. Hard to say if she actually "died" in his arms, but it's more a figure of speech really. Same with Shannon, I can't remember if she actually died in Sayid's arms, or if he ran over to her after she hit the ground.

• Advertisement

lostincnadiakilled.jpg

I think he picked her up after she landed! Did she say something to him??

Actually, yeah, she said "Take me home" to Sayid just before dying. Thats why the funeral was in Iraq

Advertisement