Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pilot Training/ Class one medical

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭robfullam

Just back after getting My class 1 medical. I was told everything went perfect 20/20 vision. I got 124% in my spirometry test and the computer predicted 72% for me. The nurse said I must have Massive lungs! Its not as bad as I taught It would be. The Staff at the Mater Private are excellent! Over the moon I am!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭MightyDucks

robfullam wrote: »
    Just back after getting My class 1 medical. I was told everything went perfect 20/20 vision. I got 124% in my spirometry test and the computer predicted 72% for me. The nurse said I must have Massive lungs! Its not as bad as I taught It would be. The Staff at the Mater Private are excellent! Over the moon I am!:D:D:D

Well done Rob.

Thanks! Just waiting for my cert now!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭donkey balls

robfullam wrote: »
    Thanks! Just waiting for my cert now!! :rolleyes:

well done rob the cert should be issued within the week depending on the worl load of DR Rudenberg

I hope I passed. From what I heard today I Did :):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

hey rob, how much did the medical cost? 240 or 600? i was quoted both of these figures, the latter price being for a more detailed exam or something.. which one does ptc look for? also do they still do the cup and cough technique?:D well done on passing btw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭donkey balls

cuterob wrote: »
    hey rob, how much did the medical cost? 240 or 600? i was quoted both of these figures, the latter price being for a more detailed exam or something.. which one does ptc look for? also do they still do the cup and cough technique?:D well done on passing btw

the initial is 600e after that about 200e+ every year the aeromed is the only IAA approved centre in Ireland to carry out the class 1 med.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

cheers, 600 is quite pricey for a medical which i might not use if i dont get by assesments etc but i suppose that is the nature of the business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

cuterob wrote: »
    cheers, 600 is quite pricey for a medical which i might not use if i dont get by assesments etc but i suppose that is the nature of the business

A Class 1 medical costs around €700 I think but a Class 2 medical costs alot less, around €200 or so.

You only need a Class 1 if you intend to fly commercially.

Cuterob: Medical cost

Hi cuterob,

Eh the medical costs €600 exactly. Trust me its well worth it knowing your healthy and its well worth doing. You do need it to Train as a commercial Pilot With PTC as well as any other college. Renewal every 12 months is about €200. I did mine tuesday and it went grand.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement