Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLASH is BACK

Options
  • 01-03-2010 3:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Just heard about this about an hour ago and I know more than likely some of you already heard about this but i thought i should share it with all!

Our beloved Slash has gone solo!

Released the song "By The Sword" feat. Andrew Stockdale (Wolfmother) on 26th Feb 2010.

Heres the link where i found this info and it will give more and better detail than i could.

if you dont feel like reading then at least listen to the song

Slash "By the sword feat. Andrew Stockdale"-Youtube

The album is called "SLASH" and will be released around April 2010
    Heres what i found out about the track listings

01. Ghost (Ian Astbury)
    02. Crucify The Dead (Ozzy)
    03. Beautiful Dangerous (Fergie)
    04. Promise (Chris Cornell)
    05. By The Sword (Andrew Stockdale)
    06. Gotten (Adam Levine)
    07. Doctor Alibi (Lemmy Kilmeister)
    08. Watch This Dave (Grohl/Duff McKagan) (sadly Axl is a no show)
    09. I Hold On (Kid Rock)
    10. Nothing To Say (M Shadows)
    11. Starlight (Myles Kennedy)
    12. Saint Is A Sinner Too (Rocco De Luca)
    13. We're All Gonna Die (Iggy Pop)

I personally cannot wait for this!
    I hope this brought a smile to some of you! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I ordered the Classic Rock Slash Pack instead.

Basically you get the album, a once off Classic rock special mag based on Slash and his career, with some things like posters and a patch.

The track listing of this version is

Ghost (Ian Astbury – The Cult) 3:34
    Crucify The Dead (Ozzy Osbourne) 4:04
    Beautiful Dangerous (Fergie – The Black Eyes Peas) 4:35
    Promise (Chris Cornell – Soundgarden/Audioslave) 4:41
    By The Sword (Andrew Stockdale – Wolfmother) 4:50
    Gotten (Adam Levine – Maroon 5) 5:05
    Doctor Alibi (Lemmy – Motorhead) 3:07
    Watch This Dave (Dave Grohl/Duff McKagan) 3:46
    I Hold On (Kid Rock) 4:10
    Nothing To Say (M Shadows – Avenged Sevenfold) 5:27
    Starlight (Myles Kennedy – Alter Bridge) 5:35
    Saint Is A Sinner Too (Rocco De Luca) 3:28
    We’re All Gonna Die (Iggy Pop) 4:30
    BONUS:
    Baby Can’t Drive (Alice Cooper/Nicole Scherzinger)
    Paradise City (Fergie/Cypress Hill)

There are 1,000 of this version that has to be ordered online at Classic Rock.

http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/store/displayitem.asp?sid=421&id=36044

Then there will be 3,000 editions of the Slash Magazine with the album going on sale in newsagents on April 7th.

The actual album release date for buying it in shops like HMV etc is the 7th May here in Ireland and the 10th May in the UK. The shop version will not have the extra trracks or the magazine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

......Fergie? Ahhh Slash, come on

Gerard.C wrote: »

She is only on a bonus track, anyone who buys it in a shop or online at Amazon/HMV etc won't have the Fergie track anyway. He has gotten together some really good vocalists for this project, so there is the potential for some really good songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Gerard.C wrote: »

Not the first time he's worked with her,check out this vid from 2 years ago:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭fartmaster

I think id rather listen to paint dry than buy this sorry:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Nelson Muntz

Hope it is better than the crap autobiography that came out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭RayCon

Kess73 wrote: »
    She is only on a bonus track, anyone who buys it in a shop or online at Amazon/HMV etc won't have the Fergie track anyway. .

Note track 3 ......

01. Ghost (Ian Astbury)
    02. Crucify The Dead (Ozzy)
    03. Beautiful Dangerous (Fergie)
    04. Promise (Chris Cornell)
    05. By The Sword (Andrew Stockdale)
    06. Gotten (Adam Levine)
    07. Doctor Alibi (Lemmy Kilmeister)
    08. Watch This Dave (Grohl/Duff McKagan) (sadly Axl is a no show)
    09. I Hold On (Kid Rock)
    10. Nothing To Say (M Shadows)
    11. Starlight (Myles Kennedy)
    12. Saint Is A Sinner Too (Rocco De Luca)
    13. We're All Gonna Die (Iggy Pop)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Sounds like he has gone all "Carlos Santana" on this one....a compliation album with Slash's buddies with Slash playing guitar...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

lord lucan wrote: »
    Not the first time he's worked with her,check out this vid from 2 years ago:

I have to say fergie doesnt do a bad axl impression

/shudder

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Mkvenner wrote: »

if you dont feel like reading then at least listen to the song

Slash "By the sword feat. Andrew Stockdale"-Youtube

Fairly uninspiring tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Fairly uninspiring tbh.

I think you are right but can't wait to hear him and ozzy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MossyX360

Slash is gone to **** imo.
    Where as Axl put out a fantastic album and is touring, and HOPEFULLY comes here.! Ami Right :D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

MossyX360 wrote: »
    Slash is gone to **** imo.
    Where as Axl put out a fantastic album and is touring, and HOPEFULLY comes here.! Ami Right :D:cool:

Dont think so, i'd rather see slash than axl any day imo:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MossyX360

Yeah haha, enjoy Slash and Fergie ;)
    Slash = Sell Out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Slash never went away! wasn't this due to be called 'Slash & Friends'?

regarding the fergie bonus track, thats a bit sad but this is celebrity slash who used to be part of michael jacksons group at one point playing that funky black/white riff oh yeah! looking at who guests the thing'll sell bucketheads thats fo sho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AxlRose1992

I think this album will be killer. Can't wait to hear "Ghost", Ian Astbury + Slash = Rock N'F'N' Roll!!

Just waitin' for the European tour dates to be announced any day now...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mkvenner

I think this album will be killer. Can't wait to hear "Ghost", Ian Astbury + Slash = Rock N'F'N' Roll!!

Just waitin' for the European tour dates to be announced any day now...

AXL ROSE? Agreeing with slash?

Can it be? Axl and Slash Friends again?
    Original GnR back together? O.O :D
    haha

I do hope he comes to Ireland! I would so go to that!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 tinkerbell1

Mkvenner wrote: »
    AXL ROSE? Agreeing with slash?

Can it be? Axl and Slash Friends again?
    Original GnR back together? O.O :D
    haha

I do hope he comes to Ireland! I would so go to that!!!

I wish theyd reform. I remember the Slane gig...was the best!!
    But Slash makin a come back is great news!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

What the fcuk are you on about? Come back? Ever hear of Velvet Revolver? If you go to itunes and change your country to Australia you can hear 30 second previews of all of the tracks on this album. To be honest most of it sounds like commercial garbage but that is not really a surprise now that Slash's wife is controlling his career and making him appear on TV with Ellen Degeneres and perform with Fergie.

Thank God Axl is still a nutcase who hasn't sold out. He just played a gig in Brazil to 20,000 and went onstage at 1.45am. Concert finished at 4.15am :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 tinkerbell1

RonMexico wrote: »
    What the fcuk are you on about? Come back? Ever hear of Velvet Revolver? If you go to itunes and change your country to Australia you can hear 30 second previews of all of the tracks on this album. To be honest most of it sounds like commercial garbage but that is not really a surprise now that Slash's wife is controlling his career and making him appear on TV with Ellen Degeneres and perform with Fergie.

Thank God Axl is still a nutcase who hasn't sold out. He just played a gig in Brazil to 20,000 and went onstage at 1.45am. Concert finished at 4.15am :D

Yeh well thats not exactly the same..so what the fcuk ru on about!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Hope it is better than the crap autobiography that came out

That book was fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Full album preview. I can't wait for it, some class sounding tracks on there by the sound of the previews. My biggest fear for the album was it would be nothing but a bunch of similar sounding tracks just there as packaging for his solos, or that it'd try too hard to be current or hip, but sounds like theres enough variation to keep it fresh and no cynical attempt to muse it up. (I like the Fergie track btw :eek: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AxlRose1992

Original Guns will never reform. Luckily, the "new" Gn'R are actually a good band. Chinese Democracy is a really cool album, only problem is it takes f**king ages for Axl to release anything.

The cover of Paradise City with Cypress Hill and Fergie on it is now gone from the special edition of the album due to legal action from a certain singer :rolleyes:

It has been replaced with a new track with Myles Kennedy on vocals called "Back From Cali"

Just received an email from the Classic Rock publishers which was sent to everyone who bought the album with the Slash pack stuff.

The track listing for the Classic Rock only version of the album is now

Ghost (feat. Ian Astbury)
    Crucify The Dead (feat. Ozzy)
    Beautiful Dangerous (feat. Fergie)
    Back From Cali (feat. Myles Kennedy)
    Promise (feat. Chris Cornell)
    By The Sword (feat. Andrew Stockdale)
    Gotten (feat. Adam Levine)
    Doctor Alibi (feat. Lemmy Kilmeister)
    Watch This (feat. Dave Grohl/Duff McKagan)
    I Hold On (feat. Kid Rock)
    Nothing To Say (feat. M Shadows)
    Starlight (feat. Myles Kennedy)
    Saint Is A Sinner Too (feat. Rocco De Luca)
    We're All Gonna Die (feat. Iggy Pop)
    Bonus Track:
    Baby Can't Drive (feat. Alice Cooper/Nicole Scherzinger)

The track listing for the shop sold version out a month later is still the same as it was in a post earlier in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Watch This (feat. Dave Grohl/Duff McKagan)
    I Hold On (feat. Kid Rock)

Have they actually taken that track away! lol

No way!

These are the two I'm pretty eager to hear, especially considering McKagan is backed by Steven Adler on drums for his track with Dave Grohl...it will be nice to hear Adler and McKagan back together

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

ClutchIt wrote: »
    That book was fantastic

I read it and found it dull/depressing. He seemed to want to be a rock star rather than a musician which is a little juvenille.
    He didn`t feel comfortable if he stayed still, had to be touring no matter what, which I see as a case of fleeing any semblence of moral responsibility.
    Also, claiming to have a hold on his heroin addiction was a complete farce, it had him 100% addicted and he is insane if he thinks he`s convinced anyone otherwise.
    He also gave out about a lot of people which was hypocritical, when he himself admitted to fcuking everyone over and being a complete prick. The most selfish irresponsible destructive biography I`ve read to date.
    He doesn`t have any redeeming qualities in my eyes. Handy guitarist but nothing to write home about.

The Dave Grohl and Duff McKagan track is still on the album. Slash emailed it to loads of people yesterday on twitter as a treat:D

The cover of Paradise City with Cypress Hill and Fergie on it is now gone from the special edition of the album due to legal action from a certain singer :rolleyes:

Where did you hear that or are you just speculating? The track was already released last year on another record by the way. Fergie actually sounds good on it but Cypress Hill bring it down BIG TIME. No loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

when is this album out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

RonMexico wrote: »
    The Dave Grohl and Duff McKagan track is still on the album. Slash emailed it to loads of people yesterday on twitter as a treat:D

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. The other stuff sounds quite good though.

Advertisement