Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Now €319,90 and Temporarily out of stock

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Whatever you do, don't post this in the general Bargain Alerts forum. Greedy feckers in there. :p

I have pictures of everything now anyway. So if they dont honour it il open up a false advertising case.

You don't understand consumer law, that's not how it works but best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I have pictures of everything now anyway. So if they dont honour it il open up a false advertising case.
    iy'll be an expensive waste of your time.

theyre under no obligation to sell at that price and theyre backed by law.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭bernardamaac.

Im expecting a nice christmas present now lad's for bringing it to the table "if it goes threw" if not send tissue's. :*(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭God Father

It is an invitation to treat. They do not have to sell it to you for that price.

Also looks like it is sold by "Eurieka".

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    iy'll be an expensive waste of your time.

theyre under no obligation to sell at that price and theyre backed by law.
    why arent they obligated and how are they backed by law?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Did anyone realise that it is (was) sold by Irish company eurieka.ie?
    This is part of my order confirmation:

ASUS GeForce GTX 570 DirectCUII - 1280 MB GDDR5 - PCI-Express
    2.0 (ENGTX570 DCII/2DIS/1280MD5) Sold by Eurieka
    Quantity: 1 € 29.57
    AMD Phenom II X4 980 3.7 GHz Black Edition 125 W
    (HDZ980FBGMBOX) Sold by Eurieka
    Quantity: 1 € 62.63

There is still this fancy Phenom there, I was unsure if I should go for it, but now when that asus happened I tried both. It will be really surprise if I get any of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

It's as God Father said, it's an invitation to treat not an offer. If they spot the mistake before they dispatch the card then they can cancel the transaction.

Invitation to treat:

"an expression of willingness to negotiate. A person making an invitation to treat does not intend to be bound as soon as it is accepted by the person to whom the statement is addressed."

It is not a binding agreement and no contract has been made yet.

• Advertisement

It's as God Father said, it's an invitation to treat not an offer. If they spot the mistake before they dispatch the card then they can cancel the transaction.

Damn i guess your right there goes my christmas presents.

Damn i guess your right there goes my christmas presents.

You never know, we might get lucky and they might send out the cards, highly unlikely though.

If I remember correctly something like this happened with Dell before. Can anyone remember what happened there?

God Father wrote: »
    Invitation to treat:

"an expression of willingness to negotiate. A person making an invitation to treat does not intend to be bound as soon as it is accepted by the person to whom the statement is addressed."

It is not a binding agreement and no contract has been made yet.

Yeah i get it its just an order not a receipt damn..

Displayed shop prices are also an invitation to treat. If they make a mistake they do not have to honour it but some will to keep good customer relations.
    1 customer 1 item, not a big loss and it keeps the customer happy.

On the internet it's a different story when there can be hundreds of orders. It's just too much money for a business to lose so they have to accept the bad rep and not honour the price.

tuxy wrote: »
    Displayed shop prices are also an invitation to treat. If they make a mistake they do not have to honour it but some will to keep good customer relations.
    1 customer 1 item, not a big loss and it keeps the customer happy.

On the internet it's a different story when there can be hundreds of orders. It's just too much money for a business to lose so they have to accept the bad rep and not honour the price.

Yeah i get what your saying iv ordered about 10 things from them now so hopefully they'l see me as a valuable customer who knows.

3 pci slots wide, this thing is Big!

Just checked my bank balance and the money has been debited from my account. Does this mean I will get the card or can they still legally cancel the transaction?

Yeah i was looking up after market coolers for my two very hard to find a dual slot for two of them..along with wanting to run a 8800gtx for physx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Just checked my bank balance and the money has been debited from my account. Does this mean I will get the card or can they still legally cancel the transaction?

they can still cancel and refund you the money. it hasn't been debited from my account yet, showing as incompleted transaction, so probably no 570 triSLI for me :(

Damn I don't think I will be able to sli on my motherboard, what a shame!

You will probably get a refund.

• Advertisement

Damn I don't think I will be able to sli on my motherboard, what a shame!
    "Scythe Setsugen" there you go all you need is a different bracket.

"Scythe Setsugen" there you go all you need is a different bracket.

I might get one for the gtx 570 I have , it sounds like a jet engine when I play games.

they can still cancel and refund you the money. it hasn't been debited from my account yet, showing as incompleted transaction, so probably no 570 triSLI for me :(
    You will probably get a refund.

Oh well. I'm sure all will become clear in the morning.

Yup im leaving boards for the night ye bast@rds are making me paranoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

Pixmania price now €319 hope I get one sent out

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Squidwert wrote: »
    Pixmania price now €319 hope I get one sent out

Very much doubt it, though I've seen retailers honor price errors. Never with Pixmania though :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The card in question has now been removed from eurieka.ie as of this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

they've caught on lads. leg it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Does anyone have any experience with eurieka.ie? Are they reliable seller or not? What should we expect with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

You can expect that they won't honour it and be extremely excited and amazed if they do.

Advertisement