Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Checked this morning and got a little excited again when I saw my latest order was at Forwarding :eek:
    As it turns out this order was completely removed from my account and I was looking at my last order :(

Game over.
    Guess I won't have to waste time adding eurieka to the basket script.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Got a Paypal refund this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

I ordered those 570's and my order was cancelled like the rest of ye. However the money has still not been returned to my bank a/c, it's still showing up as pending. any idea as to how long this kind of thing should be taking?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

shouldnt take this long. If you can see it pending on your account it might be worth giving your bank a call to see if there is an issue.

Mine was credited back to my account the following day

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

Sound, it's a laser card if that makes any difference. I'll get onto them anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just checked mine, seems I was never charged in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

ED E wrote: »
    Just checked mine, seems I was never charged in the first place.

Mine was shown as charged on my bank statement for a few days. Now there is no record of it. I guess this is normal when a charge is reversed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just got a brand new GTX570 for 155 delivered. Superclocked Gigabyte model, too.

2vA1a.png?1313349760

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

Just got a brand new GTX570 for 155 delivered. Superclocked Gigabyte model, too.

2vA1a.png?1313349760

lol PM me where that deal is ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

From where? Give us!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I got it from the used stock section of Dabs, except it hasn't been used, the description just said 'Clearance of old stock line'.

I keep an eye on the used stock section of Dabs every day, usually the cards there are only so-so priced, but every now and again a real bargain pops up!

I know a 7850 would have been close in price, but at stock a superclocked 570 is definitely faster, and I kinda had to stick with Nvidia...I was going to buy a 660 for about 205 delivered, but happy I saved myself 50 quid as I can put that it extra into the CPU upgrade that'll follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

thanks for the tip ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭bernardamaac.

2vA1a.png?1313349760

FFS! I was looking at that a few days ago and it was 180 :mad: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Think we'll see any good GPU deals in the Jan sales(180 or less) or should I just go ahead and order something? Got a bit of cash left over after christmas and think I'll upgrade. I'd CF the 5770 but they arent cheap enough to justify buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Best you'd be looking at is the 7870 for around 200 quid inc. shipping on Pixmania. Other than that you'd be looking at a 7850 2GB around that price. The extra 15-20 quid would be worth it for the 7870 if you could afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

ED E wrote: »
    Think we'll see any good GPU deals in the Jan sales(180 or less) or should I just go ahead and order something? Got a bit of cash left over after christmas and think I'll upgrade. I'd CF the 5770 but they arent cheap enough to justify buying.

I'm finding the same thing. Wasn't planning on a graphics upgrade when I go ahead with the system upgrade, but figured I'd grab another GTX460 1GB cheaply and SLI them, be the same or better than a GTX580. Fecking things are still quite expensive...

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭bernardamaac.

Best you'd be looking at is the 7870 for around 200 quid inc. shipping on Pixmania. Other than that you'd be looking at a 7850 2GB around that price. The extra 15-20 quid would be worth it for the 7870 if you could afford it.

Im going for the gtx 660 destroys it most new games like bf3

• Registered Users Posts: 15,301 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Are we going to see the likes of Scan and Overclockers/HWVS having a january sale? Im looking to grab some upgrades for a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Im going for the gtx 660 destroys it most new games like bf3

That's one of the only games where it does better. 7870 performs better in most games. Also with Catalyst 12.11 it seriously boosted the performance so it actually performs around the same or even better than a 660.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

just ordered a Samsung 840 250gb for the HTPC. if anyone wants a comparison to the 256gb 830 let me know. any benchmark software or something.

the 840 will be run from a Pentium g2120 ,ivy bridge and the 830 from a 3570K.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    just ordered a Samsung 840 250gb for the HTPC. if anyone wants a comparison to the 256gb 830 let me know. any benchmark software or something.

the 840 will be run from a Pentium g2120 ,ivy bridge and the 830 from a 3570K.
    Please do. Just seen that offer of 110 pounds on my phone. I spent a few minutes debating it in my head before realising It expired an hour ago.

don't use your mobile.

literally ordered it a min before posting.

what would you like to see?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

much diff in the 830 and 840? Got a 830 256gb from santy so happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

much diff in the 830 and 840? Got a 830 256gb from santy so happy out.

If you have the 830 I'd stick with it or maybe go for the 840 Pro the 840 is no great shakes.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

830 is like the 840 pro. the normal 840 ,isn't as good. the 830 is tried and tested to be reliable. it's why I'm sticking with them for my main PC.

Good stuff, face on me when I opened it, yesss. Never had an ssd before. Wanted an 830 too in particular.

Good stuff, face on me when I opened it, yesss. Never had an ssd before. Wanted an 830 too in particular.
    you'll learn to hate everything without an SSD.

Yeah I spoil myself and always have to get something better and better

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Unsure about these in pixmania clearance sale

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/12140104/art/geil/8-gb-ddr3-1600-pc3-12800.html

Worth a punt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

€70/£57 for logitech C920 form amazon.co.uk, 37% off, better than you'll find it anywhere in Ireland.

Full HD and built in mic.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-960-000767-C920-HD-Webcam/dp/B006A2Q81M

And I just got one... (It's a very nice webcam, pretty decent mic too - mainly what I got it for.)

Advertisement