Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Megane Hatch/Coupe?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

'scorthy wrote: »
    Sorry Saab Ed, the Megan Royale was delivered yesterday. I had my heart set on the Dymanique but the sales man said that I had to make up my mind because the GREAT! scrappage offer on the Megane ended at mid-night 31st. So the wife made me do it :(.

Scrappage scheme runs until year end
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vrt/faqs-scrappage-scheme.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

a_ominous wrote: »

Not the Renault double scrappage which ended yesterday as the previous post said ;)

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Not the Renault double scrappage which ended yesterday as the previous post said ;)

How much is a Megane that was €15000 ish with the double scrappage now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

RoverJames wrote: »
    How much is a Megane that was €15000 ish with the double scrappage now ?
    The Megan is listed as €20,300 scrapagge etc..€14,800. Metallic €15K. I think Saab Ed concurs that this double deal ended yesterday as per small print on ads in press. Tried to push for a few extras but nothin' doin' as this is a rock bottom price even with cash! Filled the tank and mats and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

Are you a Renault salesman Saab Ed?

I ordered my Grande Megane 1.5dci on the last day of the scrappage sale.
    Ended up paying 14,700 with metallic paint, full tank of diesel, mats and 5 year warranty which seemed very reasonable.

Was just wondering if you know the general waiting times for the grande Megane? I was told 4-8 weeks but have heard of people having to wait much longer than their quoted times?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Horse_box wrote: »

Ended up paying 14,700 with metallic paint, full tank of diesel, mats and 5 year warranty which seemed very reasonable.

That's a lot of car for under €15K, great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

It is indeed, dont know why anyone would got for the hatch over the estate when they're the same price, the estate is more practical, and the estate is much better looking too IMO!

The more I think of it the more I can't believe how good the deal actually is

Heres a pics of it if anyones interested:

renault_megane-sport-tourer.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Zonda999 wrote: »
    It is indeed, dont know why anyone would got for the hatch over the estate when they're the same price, the estate is more practical, and the estate is much better looking too IMO!

Agree 100%, and the estate addresses the Meganes key failing, rear leg room, and with the longer wheelbase I am sure it would ride better too.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

Horse_box wrote: »

Was just wondering if you know the general waiting times for the grande Megane? I was told 4-8 weeks but have heard of people having to wait much longer than their quoted times?

Better deal than I got. €15k for metallic, full tank and mats. The image is the Grande Megane Dynamique is it not? I was quoted €1,400 more + waiting time of 3 months and could not guarantee same great double scrappage deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tap28

Seriously looking at the Grande Megane 1.5dci tomtom. Anyone know what the cost of the extras are:
    Leather seats
    sunroof
    hitch
    tinted windows

Regards,

Tap

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

tap28 wrote: »
    Seriously looking at the Grande Megane 1.5dci tomtom. Anyone know what the cost of the extras are:
    Leather seats
    sunroof
    hitch
    tinted windows

Regards,

Tap

Would be interested to know options pricing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tap28

Would be interested to know options pricing too.

The thing I don't understand, they can publish the spec sheet, pirce list and options on the same PDF download but can't publish the options prices. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Boardwatcher

Has the double scrappage ended on the megane?

I saw an ad in the Irish Independant just yesterday which said the 14,800 euro offer is up to May 31st 2010:confused:

'scorthy wrote: »
    Better deal than I got. €15k for metallic, full tank and mats. The image is the Grande Megane Dynamique is it not? I was quoted €1,400 more + waiting time of 3 months and could not guarantee same great double scrappage deal.

Oops yeah that's the Dynamique. Just threw up the 1st result I got from google images. Still tho, tis the shape of her that matters!
    Has the double scrappage ended on the megane?

I saw an ad in the Irish Independant just yesterday which said the 14,800 euro offer is up to May 31st 2010:confused:

The offer has been extended until then afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭bogs

YES ITS BECAUSE THERE IS NO DEMAND FOR CARS even with the scrappage.The amount of orders for new cars is so small that you have to wait that length of timebefore its worth their while sending a shipment and least of all Renault.Think before you buy one.You will be left with another Renault trade in a Renault dealer because their trade in value is zilch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

bogs wrote: »
    YES ITS BECAUSE THERE IS NO DEMAND FOR CARS even with the scrappage.The amount of orders for new cars is so small that you have to wait that length of timebefore its worth their while sending a shipment and least of all Renault.

Eh!!!!

" The official figures for March show an increase of 90% for passenger vehicles registered in Ireland as against the same month in 2009 (7,291 registered in March 2009 as against 13,861 for March 2010). "

taken from this.... http://www.motorcheck.ie/blog/new-car-registrations-rise-90/

oh and this which kinda makes everything you're saying wrong!....
    Top 10 Makes View Top 100 »
    #MakeRegistrations1logo-ford.gif FORD5,90813.8%
    2logo-toyota.gif TOYOTA5,70013.3%
    3logo-volkswagen.gif VOLKSWAGEN4,86911.4%
    4logo-renault.gif RENAULT3,8839.1%
    5logo-opel.gif OPEL3,0957.2%
    6logo-nissan.gif NISSAN3,0717.2%
    7logo-skoda.gif SKODA2,0474.8%
    8logo-peugeot.gif PEUGEOT1,4703.4%
    9logo-audi.gif AUDI1,4593.4%

Just saying :p

I can't understand how so many VWs are sold, company car Passats ?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

I think its mainly company cars and leasing companies and things like that. I heard someone say nissan registrations ballooned last month due to this too

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Piratez

Would it be Golfs they are a popular car. Ive seen very few new Passats on the road this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

bogs wrote: »
    YES ITS BECAUSE THERE IS NO DEMAND FOR CARS even with the scrappage.The amount of orders for new cars is so small that you have to wait that length of timebefore its worth their while sending a shipment and least of all Renault.Think before you buy one.You will be left with another Renault trade in a Renault dealer because their trade in value is zilch

:rolleyes:

and because it's such a stupid post :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nissan had great figures because a load of Qashqai's went on short term rental fleet. Seen a good few transporters full of them heading to Dublin Airport.

I'm not sure why there are soo many VW's being sold either. If it is company cars, it's not coming through me! 3 x as many Fords, Audi's and Opels have been ordered by me than VW's. They are currently neck and neck with Skoda.

Advertisement