Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Megane Hatch/Coupe?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 highlow

I went into a well known Renault garage over the weekend and checked out the Megane, the lower spec one 1.5 dCi 85 Coupe and the asking price is €22,074.

The deal as he put it was

€22,074 + €450 (metallic paint) = €22, 524

€3,100 Trade in Allowance
    €1,500 Renault Scrappage
    €499 Less 5 year warranty
    €5099

22524 – 5099 = €17,425 Total price

Apart from the dealer coming out with the usual selling lines as well as asking questions will you buy it today, can you buy it before Wednesday cause the deal runs out than… I was thinking what type of person in this day and age would go into a garage and buy a car there and than…! The dealer came across as an absolute arrogant tosser.

My current car is 8 years old but a banger so doesn’t receive the government allowance, when I asked come on you surely to god you can do better than that he asked was I going to shop around... I said of course I am, this he didn’t seem to like and said no he wouldn’t budge on the price but if I could get better else where come back to him and he’ll do what he can. Will I go back to that car dealer, doubt it very much….

What price should I be able to get one at??? Hell of a lot less than €17,425 I would have thought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

highlow wrote: »
    22524 – 5099 = €17,425 Total price

Apart from the dealer coming out with the usual selling lines as well as asking questions will you buy it today, can you buy it before Wednesday cause the deal runs out than… I was thinking what type of person in this day and age would go into a garage and buy a car there and than…! The dealer came across as an absolute arrogant tosser.

My current car is 8 years old but a banger so doesn’t receive the government allowance, when I asked come on you surely to god can do better than that he asked was I going to shop around... I said of course I am, this he didn’t seem to like and said no he wouldn’t budge on the price but if I could get better else where come back to him and he’ll do what he can. Will I go back to that car dealer, doubt it very much….

What price should I be able to get one at??? Hell of a lot less than €17,425 I would have thought?

Just a word of warning, the deal really is up this Wednesday. If the car isnt ordered by then you wont get the Renault scrappage....No Bullsh!t.

I'd say I can do much better than that, pm me if you're interested ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Just a word of warning, the deal really is up this Wednesday. If the car isnt ordered by then you wont get the Renault scrappage....No Bullsh!t.

I ordered mine in January but wont be getting my car till next month apparently. I put a deposit down and havent scrapped my old car. Am I ok??

Gitb1 wrote: »
    I ordered mine in January but wont be getting my car till next month apparently. I put a deposit down and havent scrapped my old car. Am I ok??

Yes. Once its ordered beofre March 31st then you're fine. Its any cars ordered after march 31st that the extra money off will be gone. What did you order as a matter of interest?

Coupe Megane. Whichever model is the cheapest :cool:

• Advertisement

Coupe Megane. Whichever model is the cheapest :cool:

They really got hard to get a hold of in the Royale spec. Everybody from 20 year girls to pensioners and everybody in between is buying them at the moment. Dont worry, you should see it soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 highlow

Cant PM dont have 25 posts I'm afraid, but I'm listening!:cool:

They really got hard to get a hold of in the Royale spec. Everybody from 20 year girls to pensioners and everybody in between is buying them at the moment. Dont worry, you should see it soon :)

The chap selling me the car talked me out of getting a higher spec when I said I wanted the it just for the alloys, any idea how much OEM wheels would set me back?

The chap selling me the car talked me out of getting a higher spec when I said I wanted the it just for the alloys, any idea how much OEM wheels would set me back?

Renault factory alloys are only €450 if ordered with the car. I wonder why he talked you out of a car you wanted and is fairly available into a car you have to wait for ! :confused:

Renault factory alloys are only €450 if ordered with the car. I wonder why he talked you out of a car you wanted and is fairly available into a car you have to wait for ! :confused:

Dirtbird told me they were over a grand!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

We are waiting on a Clio ordered in Jan, due in a month's time. Luckily in no rush although the scrappage car is falling apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

My wife got her Grand Megane last week, have to say I'm liking it, when I get the chance to drive it of course. Feels very solid both in terms of build quality and on the road, surprisingly so in terms of road handling considering it's an estate. Looks good too.

Nice one Jip, nice to see some people are getting their cars!

Indeed, I think the excitement of getting a new one was nearly gone we were waiting so long. Actually we didn't appear to waiting as long as others, we ordered the last week in January, so about 7/8 weeks.

We are waiting on a Clio ordered in Jan, due in a month's time. Luckily in no rush although the scrappage car is falling apart.

I have to nct my old car today :rolleyes: Its gonna fail on 6 things i know of and god knows what else haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I don't know what the others think but I think it is utterly pointless buying a brand new car and then going for the cheapest least powerful i.e. the poverty spec Irish spec option.

One of the benefits of a brand new car should be decent equipment and also safety. The poverty spec Meganes don't have ESP, and this is one of the things I hate about the scrappage scheme, that they didn't make people only buy cars with the best possible safety features. It is more than a bit ironic that you can scrap 10 year old cars that have more safety equipment than the brand new models, curtain airbags were not exactly uncommon back in 2000 and Merc fitted ESP back in 1999 even for Ireland but yet 10 years on many cars, especially those that are selling well under scrappage still don't have these important safety features.

I don't know what the others think but I think it is utterly pointless buying a brand new car and then going for the cheapest least powerful i.e. the poverty spec Irish spec option.

One of the benefits of a brand new car should be decent equipment and also safety. The poverty spec Meganes don't have ESP, and this is one of the things I hate about the scrappage scheme, that they didn't make people only buy cars with the best possible safety features. It is more than a bit ironic that you can scrap 10 year old cars that have more safety equipment than the brand new models, curtain airbags were not exactly uncommon back in 2000 and Merc fitted ESP back in 1999 even for Ireland but yet 10 years on many cars, especially those that are selling well under scrappage still don't have these important safety features.

Well the car im scrapping hasnt even got abs and only has a drivers airbag so the bottom spec megane is still safer and better spec than my current car and its also more powerful than my current car and has adequate power for what I need it to do so why would I bother with a model with unneccesary power?

ESP may save you from crashing, but if you do there is not one 10 year old car that would outperform a Megane in a collision. Also people want safety and all the toys, its not always possible at a certain pricepoint to have both, hence 'poverty spec' or 'entry level' models. You can't have it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

I presume Renault will continue to substantially discount their new cars as the list price for the Megane is not realistic when compared with the competition.

The 1.5 dCi 106 Monaco is currently 20k without government scrappage which is about correct as opposed to 24.5k list price which is just ridiculous.

If they don't they won't be selling many.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I don't think Renault will care too much, lots of cars still not delivered by the sounds of things which will keep them very busy for another while yet.

Even when all the outstanding cars do arrive we will be at a very flat time of the year sales wise so they have no real reason to go discounting anyway when sales will be very small.

I wonder will they give away cars next year like they did this year? It'll be very interesting to see what kind of sales they have when the discounts are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

I wonder will they give away cars next year like they did this year? It'll be very interesting to see what kind of sales they have when the discounts are gone.

It is strange that Renault would discount the new model Megane. Discounts like this are usually reserved for selling old models before new one comes out. Pure guess but i'd say they will continue with something like 10-15% discounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭ZoneAlarm

Prob because they have a new car coming on stream 15 days to unvail lol

NEW KID

or actually look at it unvailed below

Full View here

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

I've had similar issues with my choice...the Renault Grand Royale. Still waiting patiently by the phone like a teenage dirt-bag waiting on the call for the tickets for Iron Maiden! Link to Thread
    After hearing there's a new model due out I feel like a slut :(.

It's a different car to the estate, the new one is a saloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jimbojetdriver

Seems like I was pretty lucky with mine (Coupe Monaco)! Went into the dealers about 4 weeks ago on a Saturday then picked it up the following Wednesday. Loving it so far, fantastic to drive and the fuel efficiency is amazing too!!

try cancelling your car and go for the newer model tell him ya fed up waiting :D

Seems like I was pretty lucky with mine (Coupe Monaco)! Went into the dealers about 4 weeks ago on a Saturday then picked it up the following Wednesday. Loving it so far, fantastic to drive and the fuel efficiency is amazing too!!

They are also doing a good deal on the 2008 model if you have it 2 yrs from new they are now giving you a chance to pay for another 3 / 4 / 5 yr unlimited renault warranty for €800.00 for 5 yrs which is actually better than having to buy a new car :p

Just to let anybody know who's waiting on a car, I have a cancelled order on a very rare Megane. Its a 2009 Spec 1.9 dci 130 bhp Monaco and it falls into category B for road tax. Lots of scrappage money off until the close of business today. :)

Sorry mods if this is out of order!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

Just to let anybody know who's waiting on a car, I have a cancelled order on a very rare Megane. Its a 2009 Spec 1.9 dci 130 bhp Monaco and it falls into category B for road tax. Lots of scrappage money off until the close of business today. :)

Sorry Saab Ed, the Megan Royale was delivered yesterday. I had my heart set on the Dymanique but the sales man said that I had to make up my mind because the GREAT! scrappage offer on the Megane ended at mid-night 31st. So the wife made me do it :(.

Advertisement