Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which format for FFXIII?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ornir

Just picked up my copy. It broke release. Happy days!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ornir wrote: »
    Just picked up my copy. It broke release. Happy days!! :pac:

where?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ornir

ShaneU wrote: »
    where?

In Xtravision, it was released around 4.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

GothPunk wrote: »
    Vokes I'm hoping the same thing, it'd be great to get them a day early.
    Whoop! It's arrived \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,311 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Vokes wrote: »
    Whoop! It's arrived \o/

Living in England FTW.

• Advertisement

'Course the flatmate is watching telly at the moment so I haven't a hope of getting at it for a couple of hours.

Will be interesting to hear of GothPunk got his copy today. I figure its more likely he'll get it tomorrow.

'Course the flatmate is watching telly at the moment so I haven't a hope of getting at it for a couple of hours.

Will be interesting to hear of GothPunk got his copy today. I figure its more likely he'll get it tomorrow.

I would put my life on it being at least a two day differential between delivery time to UK and delivery time to Ireland.

How have you no TV in your room? I couldn't stand finally having some free time and having to work around someone else's TV schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Whoop! It's arrived \o/

That's great to hear !!

I ordered mine from thehut.com too, but mine hasn't arrived yet though cos I live in Ireland. Hope it arrives tomorrow as you say or in 2 days as noodler mentioned :)

As I said in my previous post, I've got the day off on wednesday so I'm crossing my fingers it'll have arrived by then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

No sign of it today, I only ever got something posted from TheHut on a Friday the following Monday once. Usually they come on the folowing Tuesday or Thursday, I'm hoping tomorrow! Sure if it doesn't come I'll just quietly hate you all and try for my platinum trophy in Heavy Rain.
    noodler wrote: »
    I would put my life on it being at least a two day differential between delivery time to UK and delivery time to Ireland.
    Your life you say? Hmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I got my copy today from HMV for €45. Roll on home time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

collectors edition 360 version for €60 in xtra-vision. come 5:30...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Got mine in game with a hardback version of the guide. Very fancy indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

No sign of it today, I only ever got something posted from TheHut on a Friday the following Monday once. Usually they come on the folowing Tuesday or Thursday, I'm hoping tomorrow! Sure if it doesn't come I'll just quietly hate you all and try for my platinum trophy in Heavy Rain.

Your life you say? Hmmm.
    Ordered from thehut aswell, shipped friday so please to god tomorrow or thursday. Anything beyond that its likely revenue wants their €12 vat and duty:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Picked it up in HMV for €45 on the PS3, but got it for €20 after trading in 2 **** rpg's. Now i'm off to play it, and hopefully i'll not be disappointed.

Anyones order from thehut arrive today? Mine was a no show, don't think gonna pre-order from thehut again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Waiting on mine from sendit...figure it'll probably arrive tomorrow ^_^

Yeah I'm still waiting on mine from TheHut as well, I'm hoping it will arrive tomorrow. Like I said earlier in the thread, most of the games I've ever ordered from TheHut.com that are shipped on a Friday or Monday arrive the following Thursday. In fairness to TheHut, a British retailer who reside in the Channel Islands, you can't really expect games to arrive on release day, it's just the risk we take when we're saving a few bob. They're the cheapest and I haven't had my credit card into stolen from them like I have from another cheap British online games retailer. If you want to get the game before release day I'd suggest ordering from Gamesnash.ie.

What I would call poor form on delivery on pre-ordered goods would be Play.com. I pre-ordered LittleBigPlanet from them and was waiting almost a month.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. :)

Yeah I'm still waiting on mine from TheHut as well, I'm hoping it will arrive tomorrow. Like I said earlier in the thread, most of the games I've ever ordered from TheHut.com that are shipped on a Friday or Monday arrive the following Thursday. In fairness to TheHut, a British retailer who reside in the Channel Islands, you can't really expect games to arrive on release day, it's just the risk we take when we're saving a few bob. They're the cheapest and I haven't had my credit card into stolen from them like I have from another cheap British online games retailer. If you want to get the game before release day I'd suggest ordering from Gamesnash.ie.

What I would call poor form on delivery on pre-ordered goods would be Play.com. I pre-ordered LittleBigPlanet from them and was waiting almost a month.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. :)

Good luck GP, heres hoping we get it tomorrow and not a letter from revenue hehe. We saved 4e compared to buying in shops on release day, too much hassle tbh.

shuyin1 wrote: »
    Good luck GP, heres hoping we get it tomorrow and not a letter from revenue hehe. We saved 4e compared to buying in shops on release day, too much hassle tbh.
    Tell me about it! I'm sick about it as well because when I preordered from TheHut it was a 10% off day, and I had a £1 off coupon, but 2 months later and the price had gone down close to what I was paying! Ah well.

I'm really enjoying the trend I'm seeing lately in GameStop, HMV and XtraVision (and Game too maybe? I don't really shop there) - new games releasing at €45-50 instead of €55-60. It's great. I've gotten MAG CE, Heavy Rain CE and White Knight Chronicles on launch day for €50 in GameStop. To think I could be playing FFXIII right now... I don't even have the demo on hand as a mate of mine borrowed it, gah!

shuyin1 wrote: »
    Anyones order from thehut arrive today? Mine was a no show, don't think gonna pre-order from thehut again :)

Mine's a no show either :(

Next time I want a game so badly, I'll just buy from a shop. I'd rather pay €5 more instead of waiting 1 or 2 days :pac:

• Advertisement

I feckin told you all - didn't I tell you all!

A MINIMUM of 5 days when ordering anything from the channel islands.

Should have told me that before I made my order :D

noodler wrote: »
    I feckin told you all - didn't I tell you all!

A MINIMUM of 5 days when ordering anything from the channel islands.
    5 days or 5 working days? Because mine arrived this morning, which makes it 4 working days since it was shipped. Watched the intro this morning before I left for work. Didn't realise the start is the same as the demo, albeit a few extra bits added. Can't wait to get stuck in later. Yakuza 3 didn't arrive though, although it was shipped late in the day last Friday so maybe it'll arrive tomorrow.

Got mine this morning too, gonna start playing in a few minutes :D

Theres always tomorrow for me :D No show today but i got my toothbrush from amazon ordered on sunday. Talk about disappointment :(

Edit:Ah Balls! No show friday so monday it is. Pretty sure revenue wants vat on it, wait for their letter i guess. Anyone know if marking as gift have any impact?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I ordered from zavvi.co.uk, as previously mentioned. It was waiting for me Tuesday when I got home from work. I like that site!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Was quitely wondering how the sales went on ps3 compared to the 360. Have to say im very suprised it was so close.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/uk-charts-final-fantasy-xiii-is-top

54% - 46% in favour of the ps3.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

joe123 wrote: »
    Was quitely wondering how the sales went on ps3 compared to the 360. Have to say im very suprised it was so close.

For the UK and US im not surprised.These still here 360 territory even with the headway made by the ps3

joe123 wrote: »

Doesn't the 360 have a 2:1 lead over the PS3 in the UK? I'm surprised the PS3 was on top. Twice as many copies of the 'Fanboy Edition' of FFXIII were sold on the PS3 so I guess that just means there are still more FF fans on the PS3.

I was watching a video on Kotaku of the UK launch party in HMV Oxford St, where there was a little raffle or competition to win an FFXIII 360 Elite bundle - and people booed the announcement. They also booed the Xbox 360 logo at the end of the FFXIII trailer that was played. How sad is that? You'd think people would be happy to have more people to discuss the games with.

• Advertisement

The ads on British TV seemed to be specifically geared towards the X-Box version (with the PS3 brand getting a quick look-in at the end). So seems a pretty good percentage for the PS3 considering.

Advertisement