Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which format for FFXIII?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm not really pushed either, too many games and I've so little time to play them so don't mind waiting until it's cheap.

It's not the first time PS3 came out on top. It came out on top with Dragon Age and the EA/Dice games are perform better on PS3.

The only really thig I see different with FFXIII on the 360 is the lack of resolution which is very noticeable. It's better than some PS3 ports though where the lack of effects and poor tecture quality is very noticeable.

It wasn't mentioned but I think the shaders looked a little better on the PS3 and usually the PS3 has full HDR and better lighting but again it wasn't mentioned. It would be strange if they weren't better on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Gonna be the first ff im not going to buy sadly :(

Ditto, makes me a sad panda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

TheHut dispatched my copy today (along with Yakuza 3), I'm very happy about that as I should get it by Tuesday. I couldn't have waited like you guys seem to be, ever since I played the demo I've been really looking forward to it, the battle system is fantastic and it's one of the main reasons I play JRPGs. I did order during a 10% off day though so I got the game for about €35. Knowing me by the time you guys get the game you'll have it finished before I'm even half way through! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I really should pick up Yakuza 3 and support the series in the West.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

My theHut order (on PS3) has dispatched it too. Might even have it by Monday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Vokes I'm hoping the same thing, it'd be great to get them a day early.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I really should pick up Yakuza 3 and support the series in the West.
    That you should! Apparently Yakuza 4 is looking good too, based on the demo that came out yesterday. So the more people that buy 3 I guess the more likely 4 will get localised too.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

The 1up review is out for anyone that wants to read it.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3178230

• Registered Users Posts: 26,311 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Xyo wrote: »
    The 1up review is out for anyone that wants to read it.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3178230

Read enough for one day but I did watch the video review. Christ what a nerd. Poor video review in fairness.

Will read the written stuff later.
    Vokes wrote: »
    My theHut order (on PS3) has dispatched it too. Might even have it by Monday :)

I hope that smilie is incredibly ironic! Honestly, I would not be surprised if you get it NEXT Monday.

Retro's boyfriend reckons its a bit of alright by the way. Hides his enthusiasm well in the video I must say.

noodler wrote: »
    I hope that smilie is incredibly ironic! Honestly, I would not be surprised if you get it NEXT Monday.
    Not at all. Ordered something else from theHut on Monday morn, and got it Thursday. Maybe a 50/50 chance of it getting here by Monday over the weekend. Have never had problems with them (yet).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I ordered my off gamesnash,hope it'll be here tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I've read most of the reviews but still can't quite figure out how the battle system, aka the alleged best thing in the game, actually works.

Is it a classic menu and you pick attack, heal, etc. or do you run around like crisis core?

Not at all. Ordered something else from theHut on Monday morn, and got it Thursday. Maybe a 50/50 chance of it getting here by Monday over the weekend. Have never had problems with them (yet).

Now, I am not saying you are lieing or anything I am just amazed at exactly how theHut (who are in Guersney - an Island of the west coast of France) managed to get something to you in less than a day.

I mean ordering on the Monday morning and getting it to you by a Tuesday?
    I was pretty sure, as GP alluded to above, they would have the same length of time as most of the tax-break islands and take at least 5 working days like PLAY, Sendit etc.

EDIT: Perhaps they have a depot here but I haven't heard anything about it and if they did would surely be subject to the 21% VAT.

No, i got it on Thursday.

Guernsey and Jersey are off the north coast of France - so it takes typically 72 hours for a package from there to make it to here in London.

No, i got it on Thursday.

Guernsey and Jersey are off the north coast of France - so it takes typically 72 hours for a package from there to make it to here in London.

Ah there we go. You should have said!

EDIT: North coast of course, I zoomed in too much on google maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I ordered mine from thehut today too lads, and it's already been dispatched :D. Hope it arrives on wednesday (or better yet before it :)), because I have the day off on wednesday. That means I'll have the chance to play it all day long :pac:

Edit: I only have an Xbox 360, so had to settle for that one. I know the PS3 version is better but I don't have one haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'm buying mine from HMV. €45 for the game and may trade in Heavy Rain to get €33 off the price.

45 from HMV is pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

noodler wrote: »
    45 from HMV is pretty good.

Yep. They've been advertising the price in their window. Much prefer to buy from HMV as they tell don't annoy you to buy insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,966 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

its this game our Tuesday or Wednesday ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,966 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

tuesday.

see I was thinking that ,but i went into extra vision today and they told me wednesday

strange

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Different places probably get it a day or two earlier like HMV...i ordered mine from sendit and got an email on friday saying its been dispatched ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

carbonkid wrote: »
    Different places probably get it a day or two earlier like HMV...i ordered mine from sendit and got an email on friday saying its been dispatched ^_^
    and you'll probably get it next Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ornir

Headshot wrote: »
    see I was thinking that ,but i went into extra vision today and they told me wednesday

strange

Xtravision have it tomorrow, €49.99 for the regular, €59.99 for the special edition. Can't wait :D

Looks like the desicion on whether to buy this game or not has been made for me. I don't have enough to get it this week :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Whats the verdict on the Special Edition?
    Worth getting or stick to the regular edition?

I got the Special Edition of Arkham Asylum last year... don't want to make a similar mistake...

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

ShaneU wrote: »
    and you'll probably get it next Friday.

Eh this friday would actually be fine with me...although website said id get it tuesdasy, then again thats probably if i lived in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Whats the verdict on the Special Edition?
    Worth getting or stick to the regular edition?

I got the Special Edition of Arkham Asylum last year... don't want to make a similar mistake...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDP_l16RHNs&feature=related

These are all the contents. It's a way better CE than Arkham Asylum, but it depends on whether or not the stuff appeals to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Mr. K wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDP_l16RHNs&feature=related

These are all the contents. It's a way better CE than Arkham Asylum, but it depends on whether or not the stuff appeals to you!

Stacked discs... Fukk that!!

EDIT: At this point in time when people have a choice in the matter, the PS3 is ahead by a ratio of 3:1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Stacked discs... Fukk that!!

Ah, remember the PS1 days? They were great boxes. I may gaze upon VII-IX later, if I can find them! Here's the PS3 version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHVomzZc_Wo

Advertisement