Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller Weddings - Channel Four

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mistermarantz

Jezus that one Joan is unreal, shes a stunner. I def would, provided none of my buddies found out she was a pikey

I wonder how much equipment was stolen from the camera crew during the filming of the doc?

If anyone wants to see a travellor town you should head to Rathkeale, Co. Limerick. Over half the town is pikey and the money flaoting around is huge. Nobody really knows where the money is coming from but apparently the younger ones are involved in drugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

df1985 wrote: »
    doing the irish rep in england a lot of good this...........

Do you liken yourself to a traveller?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Watched this, and I still have yet to see a traveller wearing glasses... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,684 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any sign of Bernie Walsh at the weddings singing? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Just watching this now.

Holy ****ing christ you tell me where the money for these weddings come? Did I just see a helicopter!!!!

Words are failing me now....

(lol at the stud who kissed his new wife on the cheek)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Kivaro wrote: »
    Grand. We heard you the first time.

So he posted twice by accident. What's your problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Thanks for the link on youtube.....wow they were some dresses!!!!

The pregnant one at the end was the worst though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Nobody really knows where the money is coming from but apparently the younger ones are involved in drugs

Im from Rathkeale, and I doubt very much the money they have is coming from drugs. There very traditional here and I would be very,very suprised If any where invoved in drugs.
    I think its manily antiques they deal with in Rathkeale.

I thought all in all it was an excellent programme showing a more human side and face to the travelling community. You wouldnt see a documentary like that from TV3 or RTE as they already have thir judgments made on the travelling community so Fair play to Channel 4. I really wouldnt like to be a young women growing up in traveller culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,684 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It was a ratings winner for channel 4 according to todays daily star

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ reality tv show in the making?....MTV style, My teenage traveller daughter??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

panda100 wrote: »
    Im from Rathkeale, and I doubt very much the money they have is coming from drugs. There very traditional here and I would be very,very suprised If any where invoved in drugs.

I thought all in all it was an excellent programme showing a more human side and face to the travelling community. You wouldnt see a documentary like that from TV3 or RTE as they already have thir judgments made on the travelling community so Fair play to Channel 4. I really wouldnt like to be a young women growing up in traveller culture.

never ever heard of tinkers dealing in antiques

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭shivs

panda100 wrote: »

Antiques????!!! Ye should nail everything down! What antiques? WTF! Stuff they have robbed from unsuspecting old folk living alone,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

irishh_bob wrote: »

of course they do, antique jewellery, antique cash, antique dvd players, antique flatscreen tv's....

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mistermarantz

Remember the Rhino tusks that were found being smuggled at Shannon Airport a few weeks ago....they were destined for the Rathkeale tinkers.

Also, the Rathkeale tinkers recently had a Sale Agreed on the old cattle mart in Rathkeale for €3.6 million. Latest is that the sale has fallen through because the Revenue has asked them where the money came from!!!

So they have their fingers in a lot of pies.

I love the way they say they are very religous, have tonnes of morals, are self sufficient etc etc

What a load of BS!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Now cant believe I'm the only lad to notice it....did you see the amount of hotties in that video!

Did you see any hotties in their 30's or older? No me either. The future outweighs the present :)
    Watched this, and I still have yet to see a traveller wearing glasses... :confused:

Glasses are country folk witchcraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I missed this but have finally caught up thanks to df1985. I have to say, I was expecting to get a full on Lipstick-Lesbo crush on the well represented Joan but I've had one Hell of a let-down. She's not even one of the more attractive women on the show.

Plus, if you don't like people juding you based on the fact that you wear underwear in public, perhaps,you could, maybe, you know, wear some clothes over that lingerie?? How can you complain that you get no respect and then dress like a $2 hooker? I'm afraid it's either-or. Whether that's right or not, it's the way of the world. If if looks like a fish, smells like a fish, dresses like a fish...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

irishh_bob wrote: »
    A lot of them went east after the Berlin Wall fell and bought antiques in Poland etc, brought them to UK for sale and made a fortune. I'm sure they paid all necessary taxes of course.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Demonique

Plus, if you don't like people juding you based on the fact that you wear underwear in public, perhaps,you could, maybe, you know, wear some clothes over that lingerie?? How can you complain that you get no respect and then dress like a $2 hooker? I'm afraid it's either-or. Whether that's right or not, it's the way of the world. If if looks like a fish, smells like a fish, dresses like a fish...

LOL, at the way the dressmaker went on about how they had the highest morals....

Oh FFS, if you dress like a prostitute, will I think "there goes a fine upstanding unsullied citizen? Like frak I will, I'll think "look at that tangoed slapper!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Demonique wrote: »
    LOL, at the way the dressmaker went on about how they had the highest morals....

Oh FFS, if you dress like a prostitute, will I think "there goes a fine upstanding unsullied citizen? Like frak I will, I'll think "look at that tangoed slapper!"

Jeez some of the names traveller women are being called on here are appalling.........slapper,prostitute.....every offensive word under the sun and for what? Choosing to wear clothes they feel good in?
    Now their clothes are not to my taste but Im not going to call them sexually derogatory words because I personally don't like the clothes they wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭An tSaoi

Surely anyone with a bit of self-awareness would recognise what those clothes say about them, and how their attire could be (mis)construed? It's odd that these girls with supposedly immaculate morals would present themselves to the contrary.

It was interesting to see the older members of the traveller community categorically deny that there's any 'carry on' amongst the young ones. How can they be so sure? Almost any parent assumes their little angel isn't doing the dirty, but the way the people in the show really hammered the point home left me with doubts. If you'd asked settled people a few decades ago if the young ones were up to anything they'd have said no too; but that was just naivety.

I wonder if the young lads and girls are as squeaky clean as their families want to believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well, Folks., for those of you who missed it first time around its on More 4 at 9.00pm TONIGHT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Ill be watching it if it has lots of this....:eek:

Traveller+Wedding.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭redroisin

Wouldn't have the greatest opinion of travellers myself but that program would make you think. Some good ones, some bad ones like everyone else.

There were hardly any men in this programme and the women generally seem ok...its the men that fight, steal and are cruel to animals. Maybe thats why the programme gave us a more positive view of travellers, sadly doesnt change the truth.... that there is a different law in Ireland for the travellers to the rest of us, and thats a fact!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭james finn

redroisin wrote: »
    Wouldn't have the greatest opinion of travellers myself but that program would make you think. Some good ones, some bad ones like everyone else.

There were hardly any men in this programme and the women generally seem ok...its the men that fight, steal and are cruel to animals. Maybe thats why the programme gave us a more positive view of travellers, sadly doesnt change the truth.... that there is a different law in Ireland for the travellers to the rest of us, and thats a fact!!

men are bad arent they

Advertisement