Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi JohnK

Unfortunately that estate has no cable laid by the developer so it is unlikey in the short term that it will be upgraded to triple play, however, Digital tv is available from UPC there currently

Regards

Jason
    JohnK wrote: »
    Hi Jason do you know are there any plans to get full coverage to Mount Oval Village, Rochestown, Cork anytime soon (specifically the Dewberry area)? I've got a sister there who was asking me about UPC today.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭knipper

My dad is a customer and is thinking of adding the phone to his package.
    However he would need to change his bill over to my mams name is this relatively straightforward. All other details are the same address bank etc.
    Many thanks
    Knipper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Hi Jason,

is the 250 gig a month acceptable usage limit calculated on a calender month starting from your connection date or on a rolling 30 day basis (Smart used to do it this way).

Thanks

Hi knipper

No problem. Order via the boards link and my guys will look after it, explain to them what you want to do. As you are ordering phone you will get a voucher for €50 also. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908.

**I am not authorised to comment in general threads (outside bargain alerts) without approval***

knipper wrote: »
    My dad is a customer and is thinking of adding the phone to his package.
    However he would need to change his bill over to my mams name is this relatively straightforward. All other details are the same address bank etc.
    Many thanks
    Knipper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

If I sign up to Phone/Broadband/Digital TV on the UPC website will it automatically cancel my analogue TV subscription which I am currently paying for? I don't want to get hit for another bill of 338.99 next December.

I will also need to then cancel my Eircom Phoneline and my Eircom Broadband, have the Eircom number move over to UPC and all of this happen without any interruption to my service. Perhaps you could outline how I can do this.

• Advertisement

Hi johnfás

No, we will change your subscription to the new products and to monthly billing by direct debit once you move to Broadband and phone with us. Order these via boards and get free conection and a €50 voucher www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Regards

Jason
    johnfás wrote: »
    If I sign up to Phone/Broadband/Digital TV on the UPC website will it automatically cancel my analogue TV subscription which I am currently paying for? I don't want to get hit for another bill of 338.99 next December.

I will also need to then cancel my Eircom Phoneline and my Eircom Broadband, have the Eircom number move over to UPC and all of this happen without any interruption to my service. Perhaps you could outline how I can do this.

Hi digitaldr

It is by calender month with UPC.

Regards

Jason

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

**I am not authorised to comment in general threads without approval***
    digitaldr wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

is the 250 gig a month acceptable usage limit calculated on a calender month starting from your connection date or on a rolling 30 day basis (Smart used to do it this way).

Thanks

Hi Jason I got my UPC installed 2 weeks ago - very pleased with it although phone still not ported yet (from smart). I asked for the Woodies voucher and noticed that they are no longer doing them but they were at the time I got my install. Should I change to DID/Carphone Warehouse

Hi digitaldr

Great stuff, glad you are happy.

No, you will still get your voucher, give it another week or so, it can take up to 30 days after you get installed.

Give my guys a call on 1890 940635, we can chase up your port, strange as that normally happens much quicker than that.

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason I got my UPC installed 2 weeks ago - very pleased with it although phone still not ported yet (from smart). I asked for the Woodies voucher and noticed that they are no longer doing them but they were at the time I got my install. Should I change to DID/Carphone Warehouse

Hi Jason just to update you I called technical support and they said they hadn't received my porting form. Now I had been planning to post it in put the installer asked me for my form and I gave it to him! Anyway I'll now have to wait another 10 days for the port. At least the lady in technical support told me she'd give me 10 days credit.

• Advertisement

Hi digitaldr

Sorry for the delay, call 1890 940635 now with your account number, and my guys will get this speeded up for you straight away.

Regards

Jason
    At least the lady in technical support told me she'd give me 10 days credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Hi Jason, any luck with the issue I raised on post #778? I PMd you my details when requested.
    Zynks wrote: »
    Hi Jason,
    I am a new triple play subscriber and am quite happy with the service so far (and customer service has been outstanding) . My question is about the equipment. I read somewhere that there was an option for a higher end modem that the Cisco 2425 and also another option for the HD+ box. I was never offered that and can't find any info on the site.

The main reason for the interest is that the modem/router does not support 802.11n - but I can use it bridged mode and add a new router. However, that disables the phone line - so a bit stuck here with a couple of devices that only do 802.11n and can't connect them to the network. Another problem is that the modem does not support multicasting (if my home media server is connected through wires the streaming client can't be connected through wireless).

Any info you could find for alternative modems (and HD+ box) or a way around those limitations would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Zynks

Hi Zynchs

Here is the reply I received in response to your query. If this helps great, if not please contact our technical support team direct on 1908.

It can be done by setting up ip passthrough for the mac address of whatever device you need a bridged connection for. This option is only available if connected to the cisco modem via wan and not available if connected from within the internal network.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Jason

Zynks wrote: »
    Hi Jason, any luck with the issue I raised on post #778? I PMd you my details when requested.

Thanks in advance,

Zynks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Hi Jason..any chance you could reply to my posts in this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70704633#post70704633

Jaysoose

Sorry I am not authorised to comment off this thread (as per my signature).

Having a quick look, I suggest you follow the terms & conditions of your contract and call 1908, arrange for the returning of the box back to us and you will not have to pay that unrecovered charge.

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Hi Jason..any chance you could reply to my posts in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Still no UPC in my area of Mullingar, however there is UPC service 400 meters up the road. I plan on spending €2,412 a year on UPC services but they don't service my area :(

Television
    Digital Max €35.00
    Sky Sports and Movies pack €43.00
    ESPN €10.00
    Digital+ HD €5.00
    Multiroom Viewing with Digital+ HD €10.00

Broadband
    Fibre Power Broadband 100Mb €80.00

Telephone
    Home Phone €6.00
    Anytime World €12.00

Total monthly cost: €201.00

Hi DonJose

We are getting there, with approximately half the occupied homes in Ireland now upgraded for all services and over 1 in 3 homes now a UPC customer.

We really want your business and are working to upgrade as many homes as we can around the country, hopefully you wont have to wait much longer.

Regards

Jason

DonJose wrote: »
    Still no UPC in my area of Mullingar, however there is UPC service 400 meters up the road. I plan on spending €2,412 a year on UPC services but they don't service my area :(

Television
    Digital Max €35.00
    Sky Sports and Movies pack €43.00
    ESPN €10.00
    Digital+ HD €5.00
    Multiroom Viewing with Digital+ HD €10.00

Broadband
    Fibre Power Broadband 100Mb €80.00

Telephone
    Home Phone €6.00
    Anytime World €12.00

Total monthly cost: €201.00

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Jaysoose

Sorry I am not authorised to comment off this thread (as per my signature).

Having a quick look, I suggest you follow the terms & conditions of your contract and call 1908, arrange for the returning of the box back to us and you will not have to pay that unrecovered charge.

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason

LOl thanks for the "help". Who needs to give you approval to comment? the mods on here?.. The reason im contacting you on here is the lack of support from 1908 but then im not buying anything so upc obviously dont give a monkeys. I have followed the terms and condition of my contract its a pity UPC cant do the same.

Sorry for the derail of the thread guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭djh

Hi Jason,
    Registered my interest via the link an hour ago and had a call back from a very nice man named Rob. Very helpful, should have account with 20 Meg Broadband all set up shortly, with equipment delivery on Monday and bill shortly thereafter without the activation charges.

All very friendly and efficient. Could you you pass on my compliments to him, and praise to the higher ups?

Looking forward to spending my 50 quid voucher in DID!

DeeJay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Cheers Jason, its just frustrating that UPC are so close yet so far :D
    Hi DonJose

We are getting there, with approximately half the occupied homes in Ireland now upgraded for all services and over 1 in 3 homes now a UPC customer.

We really want your business and are working to upgrade as many homes as we can around the country, hopefully you wont have to wait much longer.

Regards

Jason

• Advertisement

Who needs to give you approval to comment? the mods on here?.. .
    Nope, my bosses in UPC. I am authorised to comment on bargain alerts only. Other threads with directorial approval only

Regards

Jason

Hi djh

Thanks for your positive feedback for the offer and for Rob, I will pass it on.......Rob works on the UPC retail & dealer support desk, and I am the retails sales manager...so well noted. ;)

Hope you get something nice with your voucher. :D

Cheers

Regards

Jason
    djh wrote: »
    Hi Jason,
    Registered my interest via the link an hour ago and had a call back from a very nice man named Rob. Very helpful, should have account with 20 Meg Broadband all set up shortly, with equipment delivery on Monday and bill shortly thereafter without the activation charges.

All very friendly and efficient. Could you you pass on my compliments to him, and praise to the higher ups?

Looking forward to spending my 50 quid voucher in DID!

DeeJay

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

HI Jason, what happens if you have Eircom Phonewatch?
    Can you still get everything?

Thanks

Hi Sgt Pepper 64

Yes you can indeed. You will need to contact Eircom phonewatch and request a GSM dialler though as their system doesnt work on the UPC network. (Many people are doing this every week)

Regards

Jason
    HI Jason, what happens if you have Eircom Phonewatch?
    Can you still get everything?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Hi Sgt Pepper 64

Yes you can indeed. You will need to contact Eircom phonewatch and request a GSM dialler though as their system doesnt work on the UPC network. (Many people are doing this every week)

Regards

Jason

**I am not authorised to comment in general threads without
    approval***

Thansk, Is that free do you know?

Hi

No, they do have a charge of €149, (last I seen) contact them via www.phonewatch.ie to confirm.

Considering you save €19 per month with UPC (our phone costs just €6)each month alone for our phone versus eircom (theirs costs €25.47, you will pay it back in no time at all.

Regards

Jason
    Thansk, Is that free do you know?

**I am not authorised to comment in general threads without approval*** Today 20:55

Nope, my bosses in UPC. I am authorised to comment on bargain alerts only. Other threads with directorial approval only

Regards

Jason

So your ok to drum up new business but offer no constructive feedback to existing customers..sounds like the upc "customer service model" alright.

Jaysoose

I have already stated I cannot comment on other threads and have advised you to revert to our customer service team for assistance. You appear unhappy with that advice.

I cannot help you without account details. If you PM me I would be happy to pass on those to a customer service manager, even though this is a rewards thread for boards users and not a talk to forum, with many very happy boards users because of this rewards thread.

Regards

Jason

So your ok to drum up new business but offer no constructive feedback to existing customers..sounds like the upc "customer service model" alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

He's Retail Sales manager, and judging by the feedback here, he seems to be doing a pretty good job..

• Advertisement

Jaysoose

I have already stated I cannot comment on other threads and have advised you to revert to our customer service team for assistance. You appear unhappy with that advice.

I cannot help you without account details. If you PM me I would be happy to pass on those to a customer service manager, even though this is a rewards thread for boards users and not a talk to forum, with many very happy boards users because of this rewards thread.

Regards

Jason

You would be unhappy with your advice to contact customer care if you ever had to deal with them and encountered their uncanny ability to make a monumental f""k up of the simplest of instructions.

Anyway thanks i wont be derailing this thread any longer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement