Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭smallfridge

I see Mick Mulcahy is back on the radio on Red from this Sunday. Foley was doing that show wasn't he the deceades 10-2 show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

IUA14 wrote: »
    In a selfish thought tho...herself and Foley (and Al) now free to podcast the night away...and maybe a new show on another station? Here's hoping!

Would be great to hear her in the podcast again. Some of the best NTNs were the ones with Ann and Shauna.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Testament1 wrote: »
    Would be great to hear her in the podcast again. Some of the best NTNs were the ones with Ann and Shauna.

Poor Shauna...first Nordy Eoghan gets the boot, now Ann is leaving her...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Testament1 wrote: »

You drive a f*cking coupe dickwad!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

Poor Shauna...first Nordy Eoghan gets the boot, now Ann is leaving her...

is nordy eoin not on the friday night show with shauna any more????

• Advertisement

jezzer wrote: »
    is nordy eoin not on the friday night show with shauna any more????

Nope one of the new managements first moves was to pull that and Friday Night 80's.

Nope one of the new managements first moves was to pull that and Friday Night 80's.

what???? ah here, who are these new management clowns? if i ever had to be in the car on a friday night i loved that show, so nordy eoin no longer works in radio? i'd say thats because he works with joe.ie and the likes of todayfm are scared of their emergence...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

what???? ah here, who are these new management clowns? if i ever had to be in the car on a friday night i loved that show, so nordy eoin no longer works in radio? i'd say thats because he works with joe.ie and the likes of todayfm are scared of their emergence...

You're obviously not in the car on a Friday that often if you haven't noticed that they've been gone from that show since like June... :pac:

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    You're obviously not in the car on a Friday that often if you haven't noticed that they've been gone from that show since like June... :pac:

ah no i'm pretty sure i heard it more recently? thats an awful shame, first JPs weekend anthems now this, todayfm is going down the tubes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I don't want to drag the other threads off topic but Adele formally of the Foley show is voicing the add that is running on Today FM all day. They are also making a big deal out of using Dermot and Dave to make the announcement tomorrow at 11 whilst also mentioning it will be streamed live on Facebook which leads me to believe that the new presenter Will be an instantly recognisable face. There are not many radio presenters that fall into that bracket obviously Ray is one. Does anybody here think there's any chance of it being Foley or am I building myself up for disappointment when they announce Hector?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭swampy353

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I don't want to drag the other threads off topic but Adele formally of the Foley show is voicing the add that is running on Today FM all day. They are also making a big deal out of using Dermot and Dave to make the announcement tomorrow at 11 whilst also mentioning it will be streamed live on Facebook which leads me to believe that the new presenter Will be an instantly recognisable face. There are not many radio presenters that fall into that bracket obviously Ray is one. Does anybody here think there's any chance of it being Foley or am I building myself up for disappointment when they announce Hector?

Really dont think so, in the last couple of ntn he fairly ran into today fm. Anton had been gone since start of Dec, any initial approach for a job like that would have happened before Christmas. Foley may be many things but he ain't going poop on his doorstep when there is a full time national job at risk.

On a side note if it is Hector I will be avoiding today fm like the plague. Would only make an effort to listen to the last word

I really doubt it's Foley. It would be one of the biggest shockers in recent times if it was IMO. I think Foley burnt that bridge with his interview on Anton's show tbh.

Maybe it could be a Seoige?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So the old presenters of that slot are announcing the new presenter/presenters(I mean I could be two) live on Facebook tomorrow ? You'd have to think it's a big name then as if it wasn't why go to all the bother ?

Also I agree with others it's not ray. The reason is that on the ntn Podcast if there was a chance of him coming back he'd have given a non answer and moved on. He spent ages going through everything that happened which would be strange if he was going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

I notice you typed Will in capital letter at the start. Do you know something and subliminally telling us it's Will Leahy?

I think everyone's reading a little too much into the fact that they're hyping it up. No matter who it is they'd be hyping.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I think everyone's reading a little too much into the fact that they're hyping it up. No matter who it is they'd be hyping.

Well they've never streamed an announcement it on Facebook or anywhere else have they ? If in fact that's true that it will be shown.

I get that but the Facebook Live thing...it just makes me worry they are doing a big name announcement...as opposed to a big radio name announcement...something akin to Nicky Byrne...

Facebook Live has only really become a thing in the past 6 months (I know the feature has existed, but it's gaining mainstream traction now). IMO it's a bit like them saying they were going to Periscope stuff a year and a bit ago.

I think the new midday presenter is Pat Kenny...hes been everywhere else....

The King must be turning in his lunchtime radio grave...Al Porter...Jesus how far the station has fallen...hopefully Foley gets himself over to 2FM pronto! It's on the up by virtue of the **** Today FM lineup!

• Advertisement

The King must be turning in his lunchtime radio grave...Al Porter...Jesus how far the station has fallen...hopefully Foley gets himself over to 2FM pronto! It's on the up by virtue of the **** Today FM lineup!
    Was only thinking this while ago.. all they need do is get Ray on after Nicki and Jenny and they'll Hoover up listeners

Was only thinking this while ago.. all they need do is get Ray on after Nicki and Jenny and they'll Hoover up listeners

yep, if i was 2fm now i would be rubbing my hands in glee, if 2fm get their act together they will clean up listeners from todayfm

i would think matt cooper will be getting worried, droves of listeners will abandon the station after dermot and dave as they wont be listening to alan kavanagh or fergus darcy so a lot of them may not tune back in...

I have a feeling Dempsey is next for the door, maybe a switch back to 2fm on the cards....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

The King must be turning in his lunchtime radio grave...Al Porter...Jesus how far the station has fallen...

Well I know what station I'll never be listening to ever again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I'm done with Today FM bar Dermot & Dave. I would normally have tuned back in for Cooper but I'm finding these days I just leave Spotify or a Podcast running

Synode wrote: »
    I'm done with Today FM bar Dermot & Dave. I would normally have tuned back in for Cooper but I'm finding these days I just leave Spotify or a Podcast running

i'm the same, i've tuned out after ian dempsey in the mornings and ive not bothered to tune back in for matt cooper even though i love the show

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There's a new NTN episode up on iTunes :D

So it looks like Foley wont be making any career moves any time soon? his income must have taken a big hit?

So it looks like Foley wont be making any career moves any time soon? his income must have taken a big hit?

Didn't really get that from the podcast...think its just a case of waiting for something to come up that fits really. Would love for himself and Ann to do something...the 2FM weekend schedule seems to be quietly undergoing a revamp with no permanent weekend breakfast host the last while and Ruth Scott having been moved out so may be something there at some stage for Foley!

On another note, JNLR figures out tomorrow...first set that may show how Foley is being received on weekends in Cork...and may possibly lead to opportunities elsewhere if certain slides continue.

Foleys too good for a full time weekend slot

• Advertisement

Foleys too good for a full time weekend slot

I would agree but he's on Red FM every Saturday (and some Sunday's) since the summer and it would be a foot in the door scenario back at a national station. I reckon this year will see at least one of the 2FM weekday shows on from 7am to 8pm be canned, if not two.

Advertisement