Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

I don't think it was nice that those comments were sent to Ray. That person must have had a bit of a trolly agenda because any actual fan of Ray/his work would know that it wouldn't go down well.

Completely agree, Sean is an ass. Was done just to bait Foley. He is doing a podcast in his free time for those who miss him on radio and are fans...doesn't need the hassle...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

IUA14 wrote: »
    Completely agree, Sean is an ass. Was done just to bait Foley. He is doing a podcast in his free time for those who miss him on radio and are fans...doesn't need the hassle...

Exactly. He's not getting paid for this podcast it's just for his fans. I love listening to the NTN, hopefully this doesn't sour him on making more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

remember JP used to have his own show on at 11 o clock on friday nights, JPs weekend anthems or something, I used to love that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 corcaigh_abu

"JP's Big Gay Anthems" if I recall correctly ;)

As much as I rate Muireann (and I rate her highly) lunchtimes are painful right now...herself and Lenny...no! Topped off by the bloody clown horn in the quiz today, Christ! It seems like she has been instructed to be overly bubbly and hyper, when you compare it to the shows she presented over the Christmas it's a huge difference.

Today FM need to get the finger out and cop on to themselves. If Chris and Ciara ended up on Today FM lunchtimes I'll pray for the return of a show like The Blast at 2FM...Ray and Ann maybe...get the foot in the door and all that!

• Advertisement

As much as I rate Muireann (and I rate her highly) lunchtimes are painful right now...herself and Lenny...no! Topped off by the bloody clown horn in the quiz today, Christ! It seems like she has been instructed to be overly bubbly and hyper, when you compare it to the shows she presented over the Christmas it's a huge difference.

Today FM need to get the finger out and cop on to themselves. If Chris and Ciara ended up on Today FM lunchtimes I'll pray for the return of a show like The Blast at 2FM...Ray and Ann maybe...get the foot in the door and all that!

ah no way not chris and ciara?? where did you hear that? ciara is smoking hot but i dont think they are lunchtime material

I dont remember it being called that? hes not gay is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

jezzer wrote: »

I dont remember it being called that? hes not gay is he?

It was a joke ray made about JP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

Wasn't there a rumour on here last year that Foley was to replace Ruth Scott on 2fm? Now Ruth Scott has been pulled from the 2fm website,it wouldn't be the first time that a 2fm rumour from here happened months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Wasn't there a rumour on here last year that Foley was to replace Ruth Scott on 2fm? Now Ruth Scott has been pulled from the 2fm website,it wouldn't be the first time that a 2fm rumour from here happened months later.

Is about time he got back on the national airwaves but I won't hold my breath. Rumour has it chatterbate is taking up a lot of his time now!

• Advertisement

I do remember that rumour but until it happens I wont hold out hope. It would be a great move for Foley if it did...foot in the door at 2FM and then its a matter of how long Dan Healy persists with the weekday schedule as is...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I do remember that rumour but until it happens I wont hold out hope. It would be a great move for Foley if it did...foot in the door at 2FM and then its a matter of how long Dan Healy persists with the weekday schedule as is...

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I'd love Foley to be on 2FM for no other reason than his shift might overlap with Kate's. :pac:

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I'd love Foley to be on 2FM for no other reason than his shift might overlap with Kate's. :pac:

For the love of god man, think of the children!

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It was a joke ray made about JP.

good one! typical Foley! I wonder what JP does at the weekends?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

good one! typical Foley! I wonder what JP does at the weekends?

Seriously now, you must be trolling us with all this JP love?! :pac::pac:

I love the wee man, and himself and Ray are were a formidable duo, but let it go. He's just a regular guy. A guy who changed jobs and seems happy to have done so. :):)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No NTN this week even though they said they'd bring them back weekly. Hopefully that mail from Sean last week hasn't put Foley off doing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭garbeth

They don't go up the same time each week and it still early

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Seriously now, you must be trolling us with all this JP love?! :pac::pac:

I love the wee man, and himself and Ray are were a formidable duo, but let it go. He's just a regular guy. A guy who changed jobs and seems happy to have done so. :):)

Pretty sure IT IS foley or JP at this stage 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

I wonder what JP does at the weekends?

Young wans if the slaggings on the older NTNs is anything to go by!

Testament1 wrote: »
    Young wans if the slaggings on the older NTNs is anything to go by!

good old JP, i really miss the guys

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Unless my sources (lol, :pac:) are wrong, I believe Raymond Mark Nicholas Foley III can now add MA to the end of his name... (guy I know who claims he was in his class just posted a picture of his degree)

Unless my sources (lol, :pac:) are wrong, I believe Raymond Mark Nicholas Foley III can now add MA to the end of his name... (guy I know who claims he was in his class just posted a picture of his degree)

Yeah he can indeed, he mentioned getting his graduation robes on Twitter last week I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

He mentioned it in one of the podcasts. Got a first and all. Fair play to him

Synode wrote: »
    He mentioned it in one of the podcasts. Got a first and all. Fair play to him

https://twitter.com/rayfoleyshow/status/821742515095216128

is he ok? he looks shook looking...

is he ok? he looks shook looking...

Yeah he's just missing JP :pac:

https://twitter.com/GleesonAnn/status/821785743769079808

https://twitter.com/rayfoleyshow/status/821788852201332736

So Ann Gleeson is leaving Today FM...strange one...and sad, funniest woman on Irish radio! In a selfish thought tho...herself and Foley (and Al) now free to podcast the night away...and maybe a new show on another station? Here's hoping!

Who wants to be the one to start the conspiracy theory that Foley has something in the works, and Ann is leaving Today FM to join him? :pac:

Who wants to be the one to start the conspiracy theory that Foley has something in the works, and Ann is leaving Today FM to join him? :pac:

Wishful thinking perhaps...but dammit I want a good radio show to listen to so I'll wishful think it all the way!

• Advertisement

Anyone know where ann gleeson is off to? its all changes at todayfm... the best darn Una Healy impressionist going...

Advertisement