Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I think the Apprentice appearance wasn't much to go by really. He was just a guest on it, and only had about 5 minutes (if that) of airtime.

As the presenter, he will probably have a lot more free reign.

Just as long as he doesn't Vernon Kay it up too much. :P

plus if I remember correctly he told on air afterwards that he was VERY late for fil,ing it, as he had forgotten and was a bit flustered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Magi11

I think Foley's show can get very tedious with the "banter" but seriously what are the options? Newstalk have a current affairs show on which is very good (they cut the Bank of Scotland guy in half today) but there's only so many times in a week you can hear that the country is ****ed! Musically and entertainment wise, noon until 2 has a dearth of talent and Foley and Co are the pick of the bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Well in Foley's defence, he was hungover when he was on the Apprentice. :pac:

And he never ironed his shirt :eek:

Really doesn't sound like you're defending him there... being hungover is no excuse when you're supposed to perform on TV or radio. A professional shouldn't let it happen.

If you're going to show up for a programme hung over and put in a crap performance, you're better off not showing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,830 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Note the ":pac:" at the end of the sentence.

I wasn't being completely serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Note the ":pac:" at the end of the sentence.

I wasn't being completely serious.

which was part of why I said it didn't sound like you were really trying to defend him ;)

My thoughts on the excuse of being hungover stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭VonLuck

I think the Ray Foley show is great. Not a big fan of the music though. Once you realise he is trying to be egotistical on purpose you get the funny side.

Thought whe the Seoige sisters were on it was hilarious - although probably kept the whole "your on MTV now" bit going too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

VonLuck wrote: »
    I think the Ray Foley show is great. Not a big fan of the music though. Once you realise he is trying to be egotistical on purpose you get the funny side.

Thought whe the Seoige sisters were on it was hilarious - although probably kept the whole "your on MTV now" bit going too long.

ya hes only taking the pee out of himself, im great, im on tv, king of the afternoon etc. its all a bit of craic. ya the seoige bit the other day was funny alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 RonanH92

he's really a young person's dj. love or hate type of person

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've found myself listening less and less these days. I like the show but it's nothing exactly new.

Little bit of talk and the same playlist every day.

I'd listen to it on Friday for a bit where I find that the music is better but that's about it really.

I'd probably just rather listen to the podcast to cut out all the music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I usual switch off the second I hear his voice, esp that hilarious good nafternoon line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 RonanH92

That_Guy wrote: »

I'd probably just rather listen to the podcast to cut out all the music.

yeh thats what i do cause i'm doin the lc this year so i cant tune in during the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

anyone remember the band he played that did a cover of a 90's song they were italian metal band i think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

there was a time there just after Xmas when I just had to listen every day, but dont fell as much of a need to listen at the mo.

bring back lazy radio! :D

and the music could be a bit better too. not a fan of dance stuff.

but Foley is still the King of the Afternoon. there is nothing else to listen to at that time of the day. Im hardly going to turn on 2FM, that button on my radio is broken ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

davehey79 wrote: »
    anyone remember the band he played that did a cover of a 90's song they were italian metal band i think

Not sure, but you can listen back here -> http://audiostore.todayfm.com/player/tuesday.html

Bit of a laugh today playing all the old DJ audition tapes. Hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

fecking gas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Ah balls i missed. who's tapes?

Fago! wrote: »
    Ah balls i missed. who's tapes?

Ray's, JP when he did the sports with Spin, Ann with Tom Dunne, KC, Ruth Scott. Was very very funny.

Listen again here i come. what time was it at?

Fago! wrote: »
    Listen again here i come. what time was it at?

Quarter past 1 or so.

• Advertisement

It was funny alright. The majority of what he played were from 2FM's DJ for a day competition in '97.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tonmac

Ann has to go she ruins the show. and the what show gag after everone texts in .i love foley and jp they are useless without each other though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Tonmac wrote: »
    Ann has to go she ruins the show. and the what show gag after everone texts in .i love foley and jp they are useless without each other though
    Ann's laugh is the worst part of the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

amiable wrote: »

That laugh. Dear god it is awful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

It sounds like its a production idea for her to laugh in the background sometimes. Its terrible. Very very fake at times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 nextbestintown

Worst show i've ever heard. Not clever, not fun. I see what he's trying to do, its insulting to anyone who's not simple. :confused:

Worst show i've ever heard. Not clever, not fun. I see what he's trying to do, its insulting to anyone who's not simple. :confused:

Are you one of the people that sounded rubbish on DJ for a day?! :D

I don't feel insulted......

........Wait...

Aww :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

amiable wrote: »

It has considerable competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭spadesaspade

What do you think about Ray Foley. I used to LOVE THE SHOW, but getting tired of the self naming King

Advertisement