Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

the bit they did the other day on kian from westlife was v.funny. they give him some stick, no harm either.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Shane10 wrote: »
    the bit they did the other day on kian from westlife was v.funny. they give him some stick, no harm either.

Yea very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Can't wait til Adelle gets back. Ann is just another character on the show, whereas Adelle moves it along a bit and makes the show much more professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I like how she's kind of the mammy of the show.

I have also forgiven her for her part in getting rid of Lazy Radio. Oddly enough, I don't really miss it :)

That's a lie, I do a little. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

zuroph wrote: »
    Can't wait til Adelle gets back. Ann is just another character on the show, whereas Adelle moves it along a bit and makes the show much more professional.
    I like how she's kind of the mammy of the show.

I have also forgiven her for her part in getting rid of Lazy Radio. Oddly enough, I don't really miss it :)

That's a lie, I do a little. :o

Yea, Adelle's great, Ann is good for the odd appearance like Beat The Intro, but not full time. Must be soon enough when shes back, wasn't it January when she left?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Yeah she's due back soon. <3 Adelle. She actually has a personality, unlike Ann who's just one big "Hi Ray... Yeah Ray... Oh really Ray?"

COME BACK MAMMY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Dont forger Ann's revolting laugh. Awfull stuff. Digusting and loud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

i dont mind Ann, i think she adds something to the group. i think her laugh is ok...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Paul is on fire with those mixes. Great again today !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dvjireland

glad you're liking the mixes Elvis :)
    http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/80382935/file.html

Paul Carass

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

do they have podcasts or links for dj jayo? kool kool kool :cool:

duckysauce wrote: »
    do they have podcasts or links for dj jayo? kool kool kool :cool:

I'd say they'd be in the Friday podcast.

http://www.todayfm.com/Shows/Weekdays/Ray-Foley/PodcastAudio.aspx

kool kool kool :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Oh and Ray...

Love the Show!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Lahm wrote: »
    Oh and Ray...

Love the Show!
    :rolleyes:

Roll on the day when someone actually says...."oh and ray.......your show is a pile of c*ck".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Sizzler wrote: »

Roll on the day when someone actually says...."oh and ray.......your show is a pile of c*ck".

Maybe he should try something like Larry's Just a Minute Quiz? Or Nikki "I was DJing in some club on Saturday night and the crowd was wild" Hayes.

Thats bound to liven things up on radio

Sizzler wrote: »

yeah roll on:rolleyes:

duckysauce wrote: »
    yeah roll on:rolleyes:
    Hi Ray :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I just felt left out :rolleyes:

Oh look! An airplane! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Oh look! An airplane! :rolleyes:

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

FYI Ray is to present TV3 show Take me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Badabing wrote: »
    FYI Ray is to present TV3 show Take me out.

It's a funny show the first couple of times. Then it just gets boring.

Bet he's a plank at it. DJ's should just stick to what they do best

It's a funny show the first couple of times. Then it just gets boring.

Bet he's a plank at it. DJ's should just stick to what they do best

Here we go . . . . Give the guy a chance to try it for gods sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Here we go . . . . Give the guy a chance to try it for gods sake.

I actually like the Ray Foley Show. It's just that I've seen him on TV before (Apprentice) and he wasn't great. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong coz I do like him.

But I can't stop thinking about how poor most DJ's transfer to TV. Ray Darcy (after he went over to radio totally), Gerry Ryan etc etc

I actually like the Ray Foley Show. It's just that I've seen him on TV before (Apprentice) and he wasn't great. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong coz I do like him.

But I can't stop thinking about how poor most DJ's transfer to TV. Ray Darcy (after he went over to radio totally), Gerry Ryan etc etc

Fair enough. Maybe I picked up the bet he's a plank bit wrong. I posted quite similar to what you just said in the TV forum earlier, but I hope it works out for him!
    I enjoy his radio show too. Excellent at what he does in my opinion. The transition to TV is a bit worrying, as anytime I've seen him on TV he has been a nervous wreck, and didn't have much to contribute on The Apprentice - you're fired. I hope he can pull in some of the confidence that he has on the radio - if so, he could do a fine job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Does anyone remember the day Nordy Owen was on the show and playing his interview with Demi Moore. I'm trying to find the postcast for that show to play it for someone because I thought it was really funny!!:D I need the date that was on (even to the week it was on)- if anyone has a great memory!!!! I can't even remember the month!!

Well in Foley's defence, he was hungover when he was on the Apprentice. :pac:

And he never ironed his shirt :eek:

I think Foley tries to be "mad" and goes for the perpetual banter smart a$$ attitude on radio....then when he left the comfort zone of his studio and went on the apprentice you're fired show he was like a rabbit caught in the headlights so will be interesting to see how this goes..

• Advertisement

I think the Apprentice appearance wasn't much to go by really. He was just a guest on it, and only had about 5 minutes (if that) of airtime.

As the presenter, he will probably have a lot more free reign.

Just as long as he doesn't Vernon Kay it up too much. :P

Advertisement