Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Racist questions. Cringe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

"Barry's off sick today... hope everything is ok... it's not like he got any bad news lately, is it?"

Lol :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Who's on instead of him ? Barry, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

"Hey... how ye doin?"

Always make me laugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Lol at Ray saying "This is 100-102..." after the live song :P

I think it's nice that the callers always tend to say hello to both Ray and JP. JP seems to do an awful lot of work for the show and he deserves to get some recognition too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Seren_ wrote: »
    I think it's nice that the callers always tend to say hello to both Ray and JP. JP seems to do an awful lot of work for the show and he deserves to get some recognition too

Well said. It should be called the Ray and JP Show because young master Gilbourne carries a lot of the weight humour-wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

I think it's about high time we got another podcast only bit. I feel like Ray needs to reconnect with us culchies down the country. A bit of an aul' update wouldn't go astray!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Roscommon ? Someone needs an map.

"It's like listening to spin."

I know someone said it earlier but I've noticed that the callers are saying hello to both ray and John Paul.

I hear you're a racist now ray.

• Advertisement

Poor showing from the seven days lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Jp's traffic puns are beautifully johnny Lyons-esque. The m50 backed up like a home pc backing up important photos...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Foley shortlisted for Music Broadcaster of the year at the PPIs: http://www.ppiradioawards.com/shortlist.php

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Foley shortlisted for Music Broadcaster of the year at the PPIs: http://www.ppiradioawards.com/shortlist.php

Tough call between Foley, Dermot Whelan, Dave Moore and KC tbf. Think Jim-Jim Nugent is nominated too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Tough call between Foley, Dermot Whelan, Dave Moore and KC tbf. Think Jim-Jim Nugent is nominated too.

I'd imagine its between d&d and foley realistically. Not sure why Jim Jim is coming in to the equation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Loved foley when he was on today fm. Calling it now tho KC is a dark horse here!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Loved foley when he was on today fm. Calling it now tho KC is a dark horse here!

I'd agree. I think it's between Foley and KC. D&D are nominated in a few oter categories and the PPIs love to share the love, if you know what I mean...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

I think there's Gold, Silver and Bronze so 98 Will Get an award :D

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭LeakyGee

Seriously ???

No Breakfast nomination ? I'm stunned!

The lads do a really solid breakfast show ( for the kind of thing expected of them) I honestly hope that they get some stabilisation on figures, ever some sign of growth. 98 really deserve some good luck for a change.

There's alot of good things coming form 98FM if they just hold on and don't F*ck with the flow

Return of the "podcast only bit"..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,757 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

OH MY GOD.

That "gerrup out of bed" jingle is grating my head.

OH MY GOD.

That "gerrup out of bed" jingle is grating my head.

Mhmm. But I guess it caters to the portion of the listenership who have spawn.

Loving the Podcast only bit again! I had missed it! I'm really enjoying the show the last few weeks. It's very close to Today FM top-form at the moment.

Loving the Podcast only bit again! I had missed it!
    Not in today's one unfortunately..

No podcast only bit today. Nice banter with the lads at half six today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Wonder who's idea it was to start putting pictures of birds up on the sound cloud!

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Wonder who's idea it was to start putting pictures of birds up on the sound cloud!
    Think it's representative of their guests (Mutya, Nadia Forde etc).

Does anyone know how Johnny Lyons feels about the 'Two Johnnies'? Just something the lads said today made me wonder. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

Anyone else having trouble listening online the last few days? The official website just won't load the media player and tunein website keeps stopping and starting the stream.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Basq wrote: »
    Think it's representative of their guests (Mutya, Nadia Forde etc).

Only half listened to the podcasts so didn't realise they were all on!

Advertisement