Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,757 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

More best bits :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

More best bits :(

They're off?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Why not just let Clare solan Dj the show properly, than hitting the play button on skits from last weeks show. Is it not devaluing the show by playing re runs?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

Clare Solan just said she is 'here all week' for Ray & JP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Phew.. I've been away on holidays for 2 weeks, so got time to catch-up.

Wahey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Foley missing yet again, he seems to have taken a lot of holidays since he started on 98 last year. Granted he was sick and is entitled to holidays but I am very much against the practice of allowing both Ray and Jp off simultaneously. If Ray wants to take sick leave it holidays why can't Jp host the show alone and vice versa. In the last ten months Barry Dunne ,brian mccoll and Clare solan have all filled in for the lads on breakfast, there's no continuity with so many different jocks. I also agree when the lads are absent they should drop the best of bits and allow the substitute jock the privilege of hosting a show instead of being a tribute act.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,757 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I'm guessing it's a contract thing that means it's either both of them or neither of them.

That being said I don't know if there has been an instance yet of just JP being sick/taking a day off. Would Foley have to take it off as well? I'm assuming it goes both ways.

I do think it's pretty damaging to the show though. :( Both of them have proven repeatedly on the old show that they are more than capable of holding the fort on their own. Why is 98 being so strict about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Bit ridiculous that they're off again this week, I've to listen to Morning Ireland when I'm getting ready for work now ;_______;

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

They'll be running out of 'best bits' soon if they're not careful!
    It'll turn into The Simpsons or Friends then, re-runs of re-runs!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Back Monday thank Christ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Loved the dig at Ray D'arcy this morning.

"Only one picture would be released to the public. Well that's what a spokesperson said anyway. Well of course you need a spokesperson when you're such a huge star like that."

:pac:

Ah JP being short listed is going to get some milleage. And deeno will be the but of the piss take next monday.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Can you imagine the reaction if JP actually wins that award thing?

You'd be able to hear the laughs here in Cork without having the radio on! :pac:

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Can you imagine the reaction if JP actually wins that award thing?

You'd be able to hear the laughs here in Cork without having the radio on! :pac:

I think ray may lose his **** on air if that actually happens. You probably would hear it here.

Was there a podcast yesterday? My app doesn't seem to be finding one...

Yep, there was indeed. iTunes found it for me no hassle but if all else fails, SoundCloud.

Anyone else's iTunes feed messed up? Apparently the most recent show is from September 2012....

That_Guy wrote: »
    Anyone else's iTunes feed messed up? Apparently the most recent show is from September 2012....

Yeah, even when I went into the iTunes Store, I couldn't find the one from yesterday. Frustrating when I want to be listening to it at work! :(

"Tough crowd."

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    "Tough crowd."
    Phil's story about being sick in school and the packed lunch was hilarious!

• Advertisement

Really like Phil a lot. His deadpan delivery is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

That_Guy wrote: »
    Really like Phil a lot. His deadpan delivery is brilliant.

He's quite the funny chap. I twitter stalked him there the other day and he does not look like I thought he would...but this isn't a bad thing, good looking chap. It's just mad when people don't sound like they do on the radio!

Here we go for another week. That music he plays at the start is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

The 'what time is it... It's Showtime!!' music? I love that! :D

Jason Todd wrote: »
    The 'what time is it... It's Showtime!!' music? I love that! :D
    Either Itssoeasy is referring to Electric Six's "It's Showtime"..

.. or the Monday morning "Flying Home" from 'Kick Ass':

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

It certainly is... or was the first twenty times I heard it.

That ad means JP will be a shoe in to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

What does everyone think of the news that Adrian Kennedy is moving from fm104 to 98 early next year to do a two hour show 10-12 just after foley, good or bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

What does everyone think of the news that Adrian Kennedy is moving from fm104 to 98 early next year to do a two hour show 10-12 just after foley, good or bad?

Probably best to keep that discussion in one of the threads already posted about that very topic. One in radio and one in after hours. Take your pick!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'll miss the banter between Foley and Dunne tbh. Other than that the news doesn't affect me either way. :P

JP's ad was brilliant today. "I dunno why I'm single!" "It's because you're a minger!"

Advertisement