Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

yeah maybe. i know i will hear from them later, i just expect too much i suppose.

Nah it's just when you're low things like this conjure up images of the person hating you while when you're feeling good you'd immediately assume the person was just busy and don't think about it any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

for most people you'd be right nesf, but for me this is my trigger. i was feeling fine up till this. and earlier when I was thinking I should've gotten something, I was ok and I told myself I'll be hearing from them soon. but no, nothing. and it's thrown me into this apathy about everything. when I'm in a better mood I kind of rationalise things, but i'm not able to think nothing of this. it's my self esteem, a permanent problem, I need men to be interested in me, that's why being single is getting to me. I hate myself for it, but there's absolutely nothing I can do about it by myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Are you seeing a therapist/someone?

no

for most people you'd be right nesf, but for me this is my trigger.

I meant it as a trigger in general. You can feel fine for a while in a depression but then some small thing sets you back down low again.

• Advertisement

ah ok. normally it takes more than one thing, it's usually a string of things. but i suppose this is a big enough thing to me to do this.

i've gotten me contact now... no relief though because I think there's a reason it wasn't hours ago.

ah ok. normally it takes more than one thing, it's usually a string of things. but i suppose this is a big enough thing to me to do this.

i've gotten me contact now... no relief though because I think there's a reason it wasn't hours ago.

Therapy can really help with this kind of problem.

still waiting

still waiting

Yeah it's a bitch.

Doesn't matter. Pathetic Matt is pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 fintonagirl

juliet38

i hope Monday goes well for you... if this is something that has been going on for so long and affecting your life so much you deserve to get the help that you need to feel better. Once you've done that maybe you'd think about approaching your college support services... I was pretty brutal in college.. and missed whole years of certain subjects but somehow got through by skin of teeth.. wish I had of accessed these services though it could have been a far better experience.

Take care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

juliet38 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

This is my first time posting here. Have suffered from anxiety and depression for years now but have never really gotten proper help for it. But i've decided that Monday is D Day and i will be going to the doctor cause I can't go on like this any more. In college at the mo but haven't been in yet this semester and am really far behind. Added to that, I felt so bad before Christmas that I didn't sit the exams so now have repeats to look forward to. Have assignment due tomorrow and face having to stay up all night to get it done but I haven't an ounce of motivation to do it, haven't even managed to get out of bed yet today. Anyway, I just needed to let off some steam and I know everybody here will understand. It's a great thread and i'm glad I found it!

Hey :) I could have written your post word for word this time two years ago. All i can say is do visit the doctor on Monday and let them now exactly how you've been feeling. Seeing as you mentioned that you're in college, maybe you could get in touch with the counselling service there as well? Asking for help was one of the best things I did. There's no point in saying that it will make you feel better straight away, but it is a step in the right direction. Good luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Apathy. I feel nothing. I don't want to do anything. I din't want to go anywhere. I don't want to talk to anyone. And the scariest thing about it is I quite like this. Is that the difference between apathy and serenity? Am I too long on the meds (workingTOO well)? Is it the depression? Is it just me? This is a new one on me.
    Anyone else relate?

I felt like that for a few hours the other night. it was a depressive state though. It was like I gave up. but not in a sad way, it was more kinda like relief. but it didn't last too long.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Apathy. I feel nothing. I don't want to do anything. I din't want to go anywhere. I don't want to talk to anyone. And the scariest thing about it is I quite like this. Is that the difference between apathy and serenity? Am I too long on the meds (workingTOO well)? Is it the depression? Is it just me? This is a new one on me.
    Anyone else relate?

I get that when depressed. Meds or no meds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

Thanks :) Yeah, that's me finished now. So happy because I always get so anxious around exams! Good luck for tomorrow! Whatever happens, there are always ways around it. I'm sure you will be grand x

I'm finished:D
    Thanks for that. Had a lot of anxiety before the exam but it turned out alright in the end. Honestly, I'm just so relieved to be finished now that I wan't to forget about them for the week off. Hope you enjoy yours:)

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Anyone else relate?

Yeah, me :(

4.5 hours sleep. Ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Im doing good at the moment, back running and doing weights. Still a bit anxious when I have to talk to people. Other than that I can't complain.

You will all get better. Trust me.

Temaz wrote: »
    Im doing good at the moment, back running and doing weights. Still a bit anxious when I have to talk to people. Other than that I can't complain.

You will all get better. Trust me.

Glad to hear it!

• Advertisement

Bleh just went to sleep for 3 hours on the couch today, couldn't face the world.

I'm on about 0 hours sleep a night right now. Its great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

I've been stuck in a right funk since about Tuesday. Have been treating myself to nice grub and even meet up with some pals today but there's no shifting it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Havign a bad day...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cangirl86

Hi all. This is my first time writing about this. I've been diagnosed with Depression since I was 16 and I'm now 25. I've been on the meds for that long as well. Last month I had to come off the meds and the withdrawals were hell. I looked like one of those heroin users who had just quit. My emotions were all over the place. Now the past couple of days I haven't felt anything. I just feel like "why should I bother?". I don't feel happy, I don't feel sad. I miss feeling happy, but I don't miss anything else. I really don't want to take the pills again cause I'm scared of the withdrawals. I want to feel happy but every time I try to feel happy, I think, what's the point? I'll just end up numb again. I've gotten to the point that I really don't care that I feel numb. Does that make sense? That I don't care about feeling anything?

cangirl86 wrote: »
    Hi all. This is my first time writing about this. I've been diagnosed with Depression since I was 16 and I'm now 25. I've been on the meds for that long as well. Last month I had to come off the meds and the withdrawals were hell. I looked like one of those heroin users who had just quit. My emotions were all over the place. Now the past couple of days I haven't felt anything. I just feel like "why should I bother?". I don't feel happy, I don't feel sad. I miss feeling happy, but I don't miss anything else. I really don't want to take the pills again cause I'm scared of the withdrawals. I want to feel happy but every time I try to feel happy, I think, what's the point? I'll just end up numb again. I've gotten to the point that I really don't care that I feel numb. Does that make sense? That I don't care about feeling anything?

Hi can girl. Yes it does make sense, not caring about feeling or not, I get like that sometimes. But, It is worth caring, because it is worth feeling. To me anyway.

cangirl86 wrote: »

It can take a few weeks for you to adjust to being off meds. Give it some time to see if these feelings pass, if they don't talk to your doctor/therapist about them!

Also, not all anti-depressants have withdrawal effects only some of them. It was hell for me coming off one (migraines etc etc) but coming off Lexapro I didn't notice anything, ditto Cipramil, Anafranil and a few others whose names I've forgotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 brenglee

Whats the best anti depressant in people's views? Ive reduced my Effexor from 150mgs to 75mgs a day. Im still so low and feel life is passing me by. Ive also been on Lexapro but I came off it and went on the Effexor. Ive reduced the mg cos I felt drugged and not in touch with reality on the higher dose. Any suggestions of what I could try? My doctor is not much help.

brenglee wrote: »
    Whats the best anti depressant in people's views? Ive reduced my Effexor from 150mgs to 75mgs a day. Im still so low and feel life is passing me by. Ive also been on Lexapro but I came off it and went on the Effexor. Ive reduced the mg cos I felt drugged and not in touch with reality on the higher dose. Any suggestions of what I could try? My doctor is not much help.

There is no best one in general!

What works great for me at a particular dose is quite likely not going to work for you. The side effects I get won't be the same ones you get if you get any at all. Your illness profile will be different to mine mandating different approaches.

Etc, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

one of "those" days. Going between being completely flat and feeling despair

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement