Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotations?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

well... its true ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

From trying to read through the good posts that has some discussion protenital and the random abuse between 3-4 people there are a few points to do with rotations.

Rotations are great for new players trying to boost their DPS. They give you the baseline on what skills should follow other skills such as for a DK. Plauge Strike should always be put befor Icy Touch. But without a proper rotation, people will put IT befor PS cause IT has a range so its easier to get off befor you go in for the swing. This can be said for any other classes, there are certain skills that increase the dps of other skills when used befor.

Saying that, later on end game, following rotations aren't the best option, cause you need to take into account the trinkets you have, procs, mana, runic power, combo, energy and hell the situation of the fight your in.

However this is for certain classes. As read earlier on in the thread, someone said that the 696 rotation was made to contain a steady TPS, even when a crit happens. After playing a paladin, the 696 rotation is great for tanking, but I wouldn't put my life down to it. depending on diffrent cirumstances, you do have to differ from it. This is the same for all classes, you have a set rotation that you will always use, and differ away from it when a higher chance to increase your DPS/TPS or even your HPS.

Thats what makes a good player, where they understand when to follow their rotation and when to break it to increase it.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Why the hell would anybody want to be apart of this guys guild...? Really?

These are the people you must avoid in wow.

One poster, doesnt a guild make. I am enjoying being over there and just ignore those that act like asses.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Knowing Iamxavier personally, we dont want him in the guild anyway :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Kiith wrote: »
    Knowing Iamxavier personally, we dont want him in the guild anyway :P

Ha... be quiet you...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭hk797

Just started tanking on my DK, but am finding it hard to keep aggro on mobs. Any one got hints or tips?

Ive often heard people talking about rotations, and i think i understand the principal ie diseases first then attacks the do better damage with diseases etc.

Bear in mind, ive never tanked before. My armor is mostly gemmed for def and stamina. I have a couple of enchants for attack power aswell.

Add a link to your armory and will give you some feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

hk797 wrote: »
    Add a link to your armory and will give you some feedback.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodfeather&cn=Stinkymunkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Can you log out in your tanking gear so i could have a quick look.

Oh, and i'll just leave this here.

20100222.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The upcoming changes to catajism looks like an interesting developement for future rotations.

Cant wait for that expansion :)

Have to say I'm enjoying the "rotation" on my balance druid and my demo warlock im playing now, (along with afflic).

But both those classes dont use rotations, they use prioirites based on proc mechanics or dot uptime...so is esscence, rotations do not exist for these classes in only how your spell order should initially start but then theres priorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Plus you've the obvious in that healers don't really rely on rotations at all. Sure, they may have some "would be nice to string together" spells, but in general healing is far too reactive to allow full rotations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

TheDoc wrote: »
    Have to say I'm enjoying the "rotation" on my balance druid and my demo warlock im playing now, (along with afflic).

What do you use on the dudu. Just equipped mine with T9 balance from triumph badges, but havent even done a HC with him like that yet. Other spec is resto, which i gotta say im enjoying.

So just wondering what to do as balance. From what i get you go FF, IS, wrath, wrath, wrath (basically untill eclipse pops, at which point you move to starfire)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,188 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Blowfish wrote: »
    Plus you've the obvious in that healers don't really rely on rotations at all. Sure, they may have some "would be nice to string together" spells, but in general healing is far too reactive to allow full rotations.
    Not if you have a good healer thats Overhealing. I get kinda beefed at a Tree that waits till I take much damage before they'll pop their HoT

.......and now, I've finally used that in a sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Shougeki wrote: »
    What do you use on the dudu. Just equipped mine with T9 balance from triumph badges, but havent even done a HC with him like that yet. Other spec is resto, which i gotta say im enjoying.

So just wondering what to do as balance. From what i get you go FF, IS, wrath, wrath, wrath (basically untill eclipse pops, at which point you move to starfire)

FF>Moonfire>ISS>Starfall>Wrath till eclipse>Starfire till Eclipse. rine repeat

I highlighted starfall, due to the incoming patch, where a boomkin in toc10 gear, tripples the damage done of starfall then a druid in icc10 gear ( shown on the thread on mmo)

So the dps increase from starfall is literally going to be sixfold or more, worth putting into the rotation.

Thats really it, pop your trinkets when it suits, and thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Anti wrote: »
    Can you log out in your tanking gear so i could have a quick look.

Oh, and i'll just leave this here.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodfeather&cn=Stinkymunkey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Same with ele really... even if it is boring. Basically just keep your lavaburst off cooldown, keep flame shock up and LB + chainlightning(depending on haste values) as filler. We are complete turrets atm tho, any movement will destroy an elemental shamans dps, far more so than any other casters, so being a good ele shaman is more about positioning in a fight than perfecting your rotation, the less moving the more pew pew. Take festergut for example, last 2 weeks i've convinced the RL to let me stand in mid... before when i was at range i was managing around 7.5-8k dps, this weeks 25 man i think i was top of dmg with 10.5k, the movement in the fight isnt even that much....Would be great if we had a blink/disengage styled move.

Advertisement