Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameserver, who's in, out?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Thats cos Your account has queens money :p

If you don't want it you can always send it back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Do i need to pay money?

Also jigsaw noticed the server has loads of randoms on it since the missions went into a rota. nearly always someone on it even if HLSW says its empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Do i need to pay money?

Also jigsaw noticed the server has loads of randoms on it since the missions went into a rota. nearly always someone on it even if HLSW says its empty.

You're paid up till end of Oct, I'll do up the spreadsheet some other time but I'm nearly sure everyones paid up till end of next month.

I'm kinda afk for a few days, on hols just chillin really

Jaysis you get more holidays than work days :eek:

Guys, I need cash for server, can anyone who owes please cough up.

Gonna be back organizing weekly events next week, either Mon or Thur like we had before, small simple coops now JW's back throwing out missions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Will pay for myself, Jigsaw and KD in the morning.

thats the spirit gonzo :D

Will pay a months in advance morrow.

btw nam isnt floating my boat :D

I think the map is great, just needs more missions, a bit of variety

Is that it, just 4 of us? i'll pm everyone 2moro

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Engrossed with Fallout & Civ 5 atm. Let me know how much you need and i'll paypal it to you.

• Advertisement

Maximilian wrote: »
    Engrossed with Fallout & Civ 5 atm. Let me know how much you need and i'll paypal it to you.

You're paid up till next month

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

PM me the paypal address. Ill donate a few quid to the cause.

Guys, I need cash for the server. If those who've dropped off aren't coming back its gonna go back up in price to ~€9 like before. I'll do up spreadsheet later today.

Sorry lads - haven't really had the inclination the last few months and with the wedding at the end of the month I can't really justify spending money on something I don't use.

Promac wrote: »
    Sorry lads - haven't really had the inclination the last few months and with the wedding at the end of the month I can't really justify spending money on something I don't use.

Gonna miss that Airwolf theme on friday nights :D

This is how it stands, I'm short for November but covered it with those who paid up further in advance. Price will have to go up if more peeps drop out, need to get this sorted asap.

138376.JPG

I'll probably get back on it in the new year to be honest. Biggest problem right now is that some c*nt got my credit card details and tried to clear me out so my number is frozen and paypal is off limits too.

I'm in and contributing now so that will help the numbers a little.

paid there for next few weeks anyway.

Promac wrote: »
    I'll probably get back on it in the new year to be honest. Biggest problem right now is that some c*nt got my credit card details and tried to clear me out so my number is frozen and paypal is off limits too.

bet it was the queen!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

Did you get my PM Pog?

• Advertisement

cashville wrote: »
    Did you get my PM Pog?

Just replied there

Guys, the server is due today, I'll most likely be paying it 2moro.

Can anyone who owes please payup. I'm in the middle of moving house and am a little tied up atm, will even have a few days internet downtime in the next week too, but I'll get the spreadsheet done up when I get time (most likely not till late next week though)
    Any newcomers want to contribute please pm me for paypal details

I'll be getting some decent missions and stuff organised soon, we could do another all weekender soon if we have the numbers, once I get sorted.

Sounds good. I'll send ye on the money later.

I rebooted the server on Sat as it had gone slow and buggy but it didn't come back to me, I opened a ticket a few hours later with gameservers but as of yet they've not replied. I think we need to seriously consider our options, this looks tempting, lots faster than ours and cheaper (Only drawback is there's a 150 quid setup fee):
    http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_rootserver/eq4/

With the community dwindling like it is I'm not sure what we do. Bandit, wazza and matt have got a 10slot server in the UK for 12 quid pm, they've not got web access tho, ftp only which makes things a little difficult. There's also other things running on the box, they've not tested it with more than 4 players yet

1.58 patch is due 2moro and we've no fookin server. :mad:

There is a web console for editing startup configs, adding missions, starting stopping the server etc. All you need really. FTP access for large mods etc.
    Just checked its actually £10.68/month for 10 slots :D, pings in low 30's.
    Less than the price of a pint a month for us. No setup fee
    Alpha-Networks

bandit197 wrote: »
    There is a web console for editing startup configs, adding missions, starting stopping the server etc. All you need really. FTP access for large mods etc.
    Just checked its actually £10.68/month for 10 slots :D, pings in low 30's.
    Less than the price of a pint a month for us. No setup fee
    Alpha-Networks

Ace is ~2GB, Unsung is 1.35GB, Duala 500MB, Lingor 750MB, CAA1 ~3GB, you FTP them everytime they update? Mods we have on server total about 10GB. Then there's the trouble of patches and updates, you gotta depend on someone else to update it or else FTP the full updated addons folder (8.25GB). You also can never run the new beta's and are limited to doing anything outside the norm. Then there's mumble, we'd have to sort that.

We tried running Arma on a co-hosted box when Kinetic provided one, it didn't work out too well with not many playing.

Ouch, just trying to help out. Service is perfect for our needs.

Ouch, just trying to help out. Service is perfect for our needs.

Sorry, didn't mean to come across blunt, just listing the reasons we opted for dedi over slots. The game is so moddable you never ever play the vanilla game, needs full access. We often install a mod just so we play a mission, FTP makes it more difficult and slow.

And its not just us, Tanky and the Sekra's groups moved to Germany to get a decent dedi box, slots on a server for Arma just don't work for bigger missions or more than a few players

Thats ok, I thought when you mentioned us here that you might be suggesting it as a possible alternative.

• Advertisement

Thats ok, I thought when you mentioned us here that you might be suggesting it as a possible alternative.

No, we should have gone together and got a better box, no point having 2 separate tiny groups

Advertisement