Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Updates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

At the moment:

Feraligatr Lv 34
    Haunter Lv 34
    Noctowl Lv 34

And then just HM slaves. Just caught the red gyarados but figure that since I have Feraligatr I won't be needing him for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Better yet, what about a Rotom Paddy? :P

I beat the Ecruteak Gym today really easily with Togepi.. I was really surprised though when Extrasensory worked on Ghastly, I know it's Poison for a few gens now but seriously it's a Ghost...Psychic should not work :p

Is Togetic worth taking beyond this? I had a Mankey but it's in my box atm...

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭spookymuffin

wayhey wrote: »
    Is Togetic worth taking beyond this? I had a Mankey but it's in my box atm...

Togetic is worth keeping so that you can get a Togekiss, Togekiss is one of the best flying pokemon in the game IMO.
    That's if you can get your hands on a shiny stone to evolve it.

Thanks spookymuffin :)

So my team stands at:

Quillava (20)
    Togetic (23)
    Bellsprout (20)
    Flaafy (20)
    Quagsire (20)
    Pidgeotto (20...drop now with Togetic or is Fly wasted on Togetic?)

Suggestions? I've got a Lvl 2X Mankey...and I just got an Eevee, was going to raise an Espeon.. Since I've a Ditto now too I've a ready supply of Cyndaquils for the GTS so is Totodile any use? I thought the Ground/Water combo was good but Quagsire's a little weak beyond Sp. Def...

I'd drop the Pidgeotto for the Espeon (great special sweeper, especially with the IVs on the one I gave you :) )

If you have a lot of extra Cyndaquils knocking around I'd try to get a totodile to replace the Wooper (water/ground is a good combo, but much better in the mudkip family than the wooper/quagsire one) and maybe a Chikorita to replace the Bellsprout if you're set on a grass type.
    Otherwise I'd suggest trying to get your hands on a dragon type to replace the grass type personally. You get a free Dratini in the Dragon's Den if I remember correctly and I've also heard that they can be found on some routes on the pokewalker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

I'm at the 5th gym:

Bayleef - lv.31
    Ampharos - lv.31
    Pidgeotto - lv.30
    Graveler - lv.30
    Vulpix - lv.28

Anyone know where I can find a fire stone?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Thanks spookymuffin :)

So my team stands at:

Quillava (20)
    Togetic (23)
    Bellsprout (20)
    Flaafy (20)
    Quagsire (20)
    Pidgeotto (20...drop now with Togetic or is Fly wasted on Togetic?)

Suggestions? I've got a Lvl 2X Mankey...and I just got an Eevee, was going to raise an Espeon.. Since I've a Ditto now too I've a ready supply of Cyndaquils for the GTS so is Totodile any use? I thought the Ground/Water combo was good but Quagsire's a little weak beyond Sp. Def...

To be fair, fly's power is 90, which is huge. It's a good attack to have regardless of it being a HM.

DKZ wrote: »
    I'm at the 5th gym:

Bayleef - lv.31
    Ampharos - lv.31
    Pidgeotto - lv.30
    Graveler - lv.30
    Vulpix - lv.28

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokeathlon.shtml

Tuesday in the Pokédome! You'll need 3000 AP, or 3000 points from participating/winning in the Pokéathlon

True Cian... Anyone got any idea what'd be the best level to evolve the Togetic? Found a Shiny Stone in my PC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Dig one up in the Underground in Diamond/Pearl/Platnium and trade one over, failing that wait until you gain access to the Sea Cottage and show the dude, I think a Vulpix to get a free Fire Stone. Locations
    Tuesday in the Pokédome! You'll need 3000 AP, or 3000 points from participating/winning in the Pokéathlon
    That's crazy talk! Why pay those valuable points for something you can dig up for free in the Sinnoh Underground?!
    True Cian... Anyone got any idea what'd be the best level to evolve the Togetic? Found a Shiny Stone in my PC :)
    Togetic learns it's last level up move at level 51 but since it has a great HM/TM/Tutor movepool, evolving it early shouldn't be a problem

I'm at the 5th gym:

Bayleef - lv.31
    Ampharos - lv.31
    Pidgeotto - lv.30
    Graveler - lv.30
    Vulpix - lv.28

On route 36 there is a school boy (his name is Alan, I think) who gives you his number. He rang me a while ago saying that he had an item for me and it was a fire stone.
    The NPCs that give you items have set items that they can give you, so if you have him registered he may give you one earlier than other methods might.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Anyone got any idea what'd be the best level to evolve the Togetic? Found a Shiny Stone in my PC :)

Just after Ancientpower is what I've been doing. It's not a bad move (well yes base power isn't great) and does great damage if the Togekiss has Serene Grace. But most of the moves you want on Togek come from move relearner after it's evolved (Aura Sphere and Air Slash)
    CianRyan wrote: »
    To be fair, fly's power is 90, which is huge. It's a good attack to have regardless of it being a TM.

Except when your Flying type is utter pants at physical attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,359 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If my memory serves me correctly:

Feraligatr - Lvl 47
    Gyarados (Shiny Red) - Lvl 45
    Magmar - Lvl 39
    Togetic - Lvl 28
    Sudowoodo - Lvl 22 (HM/Revive Slave)
    Farfetch'd - Lvl 17

Stopped last night just before I battle Lugia (fought it twice but knocked it out both times). Have all 8 gym badges so before I get to the Elite 4, Going to catch Lugia, hopefully one of the other legendaries, and maybe swap Togetic for a Ghost or Electric pokemon, but I don't really have any yet. Have a Lvl 28 Electrode I think, so might train it up

Got an Eevee last night, got it from level 5 to 18 quick enough, just having it first in my party and switching it out straight away. Going to have to find an Exp Share or something for it. Dunno whether to go for a Jolteon, Espeon or Umbreon though

At Mahogany Town:

Meganium - Lv. 33
    Ampharos - Lv. 34
    Graveler - Lv. 33
    Pidgeotto - Lv. 33
    Ninetales - Lv. 33
    Seadra - Lv. 32

:D

Got an Eevee last night, got it from level 5 to 18 quick enough, just having it first in my party and switching it out straight away. Going to have to find an Exp Share or something for it. Dunno whether to go for a Jolteon, Espeon or Umbreon though

I'd go with a Jolteon seeing as you don't have a pokémon to take down water pokémon easily yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

My team:

None.

Restarted to go through the tedium of SRing to try for a shiny starter.
    (Fingers crossed for a shiny totodile!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Togepi - lv15
    Gastly - lv14
    HootHoot - lv18
    Oddish - lv18
    Bayleef - lv18
    Pidgeotto - lv19

Currently trying to get them all to lv20.

My team:

None.

Restarted to go through the tedium of SRing to try for a shiny starter.
    (Fingers crossed for a shiny totodile!)

Lol I'm really tempted too :) Think I might wait until I pick up another copy/game though. Any luck yet?

Feraligatr - Lvl 47
    Gyarados (Shiny Red) - Lvl 45
    Magmar - Lvl 39
    Togetic - Lvl 28
    Sudowoodo - Lvl 22 (HM/Revive Slave)
    Farfetch'd - Lvl 17

Dunno whether to go for a Jolteon, Espeon or Umbreon though
    Jolteon - Super fast, hard to one-hit KO without Earthquake, okayish attacker
    Espeon - Fantastic special sweeper, total pants at taking physical hits, learns Grass Knot and Shadow Ball from TMs
    Umbeon - AKA Little Tank, Toxic + Confuse Ray +Mean Look + Screech, with leftovers - nasty little fecker to be on the wrong side of

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Pidgeotto - Lvl 21
    Flaaffy - Lvl 17
    Bellsprout - Lvl 19
    Onix - Lvl 20
    Croconaw - Lvl 22
    Empty slot

I'm just at Ecruteak now, going to see what happens with a Kadabra.

I'm in Mahogany town at the moment, just caught the red Gyarados.

My team of seven:

Jolteon (level 25)
    Vaporeon (level 28)
    Flareon (level 25)
    Umbreon (level 25)
    Espeon (level 25)
    Glaceon (level 25)
    Leafeon (level 25)

Yeah, I'm a bit of an Eevee freak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Feraligator - lvl 40
    Vulpix - lvl 30
    Butterfree lvl 20

is my team in SS so far. Figuring out when to Fire Stone my Vulpix.

I'd go with a Jolteon seeing as you don't have a pokémon to take down water pokémon easily yet.

Yeah, went with Jolteon in the end. Got a Thunder Stone in the Pokeathalon thing so said I may as well. Got an Exp Share too so currently levelling it up

I'm not sure why I'm posting this here, I guess I just want to. My in-game party for HG consits of mostly trade ins from my Platnium games and are all legit, EV'd (except Cinderz) and either obtained on GTS, chat room trades, forum trades or hatched/caught by me. Levels indicate the current level of the Pokémon at time of posting. I started the adventure with these dudes and we are going to finish it together!

Spr_4h_164_s.png-> NOCTOWL, female, Lv56 (Japanese from GTS)
    Spr_4h_157.png -> Cinderz, female, Lv57 (HG starter)
    Spr_4h_251_s.png -> セレビィ, Lv58 (Forum trade, ID 31121)
    Spr_4h_210_s.png -> GRANBULL, female, Lv58 (trade with friend in the UK)
    Spr_4d_336_s.png -> Dark-Fang, female, Lv60 (my first legit shiny :D)
    Spr_4p_445_m.png -> Lorcan, male, Lv57 (hatched in my Platnium)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Well my team still hasn't changed at all, but to update you all, I've moved my Japanese Platinum save to the American version so that I can finally enjoy it in English, and my SoulSilver team as seen in the Let's Play are now also back on my cart, so I can show them off on Monday :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Gloom - lv.22
    Togetic - lv.23
    Pidgeotto - lv.23
    Bayleef - lv.24
    Noctowl - lv.24
    Empoleon - lv.39

Currently trying to get a Shiny stone to evolve Togetic. Traded over Empoleon from Pearl just to beat the steel type gym leader (who's name eludes me right now) because I didn't have any suitable Pokémon and I didn't want to train Totodile :P (Traded over Cyndaquil & Totodile from the Jap versions)

Gloom - lv.22
    Togetic - lv.23
    Pidgeotto - lv.23
    Bayleef - lv.24
    Noctowl - lv.24
    Empoleon - lv.39

Currently trying to get a Shiny stone to evolve Togetic. Traded over Empoleon from Pearl just to beat the steel type gym leader (who's name eludes me right now) because I didn't have any suitable Pokémon and I didn't want to train Totodile :P (Traded over Cyndaquil & Totodile from the Jap versions)
    I can sort you out with shiny stones, my Pick Up party finds so many of them I end up with a huge heap of them in Platnium. I'll add it to you list of stuff :)

I can sort you out with shiny stones, my Pick Up party finds so many of them I end up with a huge heap of them in Platnium. I'll add it to you list of stuff :)

Yay thanks! I'll bring along the DS case to the meet-up for you.

Out of curiosity Buzz, what did you have to trade for a shiny Celebi?

Was it worth your soul...?

Out of curiosity Buzz, what did you have to trade for a shiny Celebi?

Was it worth your soul...?
    I think she cost me a Movie Arceus (Japanese) and a shiny UT Mew. A high cost, but she is well worth it.

I would have given my soul for her, she is sooooo pretty :D

• Advertisement

Just beat the Elite 4 and Champion

Feraligatr - Lvl 50
    Gyarados - Lvl 42
    Magmar - Lvl 39
    Lugia - Lvl 45
    Raikou - Lvl 40
    Togetic - Lvl 24

Have to say, that was easy. Beat them first go, whereas Diamond took me ages. Didn't even mean to beat them really, I only decided to challenge them in order to level up the Pokemon and get more experience. Used very few revives and potions too.

It was mostly Feraligatr and Gyarados though. Both had Ice Fang, a dark Bite/Crunch move, and Surf/Waterfall.

In Kanto now so hoping to get some new pokemon. Really hope I can get a Charizard too. Always wanted a Charizard

Advertisement