Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Updates

Options
  • 12-02-2010 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭

I for one am interested in knowing what teams ever on is using and would like to have updates on the development of every one's Pokémon.
    As well as being interesting (me being nosey), this could also be handy for people who are planning on taking part in the tournaments, it's always great to have an idea of what you're going to be up against.

This is just an idea and I thought I'd put it out there and see what every one thought.

Take part only if you want to, this is not necessary!!

At the moment, I'm going back to basics and training a lot of new Pokémon, as it seems I won't be using my legendaries against you guys. :rolleyes:

In my party right now:
    Infernape Lv.79
    Dragonair Lv.43
    Garchomp Lv.58
    Haunter Lv.35
    Kadabra Lv.17 (Just Evolved)
    Milotic Lv.20 (Just Evolved)

I'm also training:
    Luxray Lv.42
    Staraptor Lv.52
    Metagross Lv.54
    Gyarados Lv.33
    Manetric Lv.26
    Roserade Lv.58
    Lucario Lv.29
    Dodrio Lv.32
    Pigeot Lv.49
    Togekiss Lv.20(Just Evolved)
    Chingling Lv.30
    Lapras Lv.46(Just Caught)
    Magnezone Lv.56
    Glaceon Lv.23
    Ralts Lv.18(Just Caught)

I've a few more I'm working on at the moment but these would be the main ones.
    I know, quite a lot for a main few. :rolleyes:
    I can't decide who I want in my final team.

You guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I already posted it in the main tourney thread, but I'll post it again to save some lazy asses a few clicks :rolleyes:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:TheChrisD#Parties

Currently still playing through SoulSilver and as such, buffing that team.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

In Pokémon pearl I'm not training anything as I've pretty much finished it at this stage and focusing on Gold & Emerald atm. But my team in it is:

Milotic: lv.74
    Regigigas: Lv.84
    Dialga: Lv.80
    Floatzel: Lv.50
    Palkia: Lv.72
    Pikachu: Lv.18 (Training it to lv.100 :pac:)

I do have mostly legendaries in my team, but won't be a problem to train up some others.

I actually have a sh*t team in Platinum (bear in mind I'm not finished it yet):

Geodude: Lv.16
    Prinplup: Lv.26
    Staravia: Lv.27
    Kadabra: Lv.30
    Luxray: Lv.31
    Tangrowth: Lv.38

Not really on topic but I will admit my favouritest team ever is in Sapphire:

Glalie: Lv.52
    Latios: Lv.61
    Seadra: Lv.77
    Kyogre: Lv.82
    Rayquaza: Lv.95
    Sharpedo: Lv.98

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

Current available pokemon for forming a team from:

Salamence (special attacker)
    Garchomp (physical attacker)
    Swampert (wall/stealth rock)
    Gallade (double status)
    Gliscor (wall/baton pass)
    Infernape (mixed attacker)
    Machamp (toxic/guts)
    Magnezone (rest/talk)
    Heracross (physical attacker)
    Starmie (special attacker)
    Breloom (Spore/Punch)
    Yanmega (status)
    Weavile (physical attacker)
    Absol (Crit hit attacker)
    Milotic (special attacker/status)
    Crobat (speed attacker)
    Togekiss (paralye/flinch)
    Electivire (physical attacker)
    Rhyperior (wall)
    Articuno (OHKOer)
    Metagross (agility attacker)

Currently training:
    Ursaring (facade/toxic orb)
    Forretress (spiker)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

My dragonair evolved, Dragonite is now lvl57.
    Pupitar is lvl38, dying for it to evolve.
    Mamoswine lvl46.
    Metagross lvl55.
    Garchomp lvl58.
    Milotic lvl26.
    Gyarados lvl64.
    Caught a few other's that I want to train up and my Infernape is lvl84.

This would be so much easier if I could use my legendaries. haha

MatthewVII wrote: »
    Articuno (OHKOer)

Well you can toss your plans for using that aside. Not because of the fact it's a legendary, but the whole OHKO aspect.

(This is assuming you mean OHKO as in the Mind Reader/Sheer Cold combo)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Well you can toss your plans for using that aside. Not because of the fact it's a legendary, but the whole OHKO aspect.

(This is assuming you mean OHKO as in the Mind Reader/Sheer Cold combo)

Oh, its not for competition, its for use in-game in battle tower facilities etc

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Personally, I hate the likes of Garchomp/Blissey/Skarmory (Pretty much all the OU group)

I've never properly done IV/EV training (mainly as I didn't fully understand how it works but I think in HGSS, I'll give it a go since it comes out during my exams and I can play it afterwards) My team will most likely be NU/UU as most of my favourites are in this category and I prefer using them to the overused crowd.

Where is the fun in everyone using a Salamence/Skarmory/Blissey/Metagross/Lucario/??? etc.:rolleyes:

I just like Dragons... :(

I don't have an issue with all the OU Pokémon, I just have a bit of a pickle with specifically competitively-bred Pokémon...

Well, to be fair... I've been playing with legendaries and have let them go for you.(not literally, they're living in a box.:rolleyes:)
    I can use my bloody competitively bred Pokémon! :P

• Advertisement

Got my Tyranitar!
    Bloody powerful booger he is, too. Although, My Dragonite still seems to have the upper hand.

Ah, sometimes you just can't beat the original 151.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Currently EV training my Gyarados, it will be a powerful beast when I get it to lvl 100. Only started a few hours ago & already at lvl 26! :D

Some one explain, in detail, how to EV train, please.

I just... Battle. :confused:

Each pokemon can get 510 EV's (Effort Values). They can get 6 different types, attack, defence, HP, sp. atk, sp. def & speed. You gain EV's by battling pokemon. When you defeat a pokemon, you can earn 1, 2 or 3 points, based on how strong the pokemon is. Each pokemon has a specific type of EV. For example, Starly gives one speed EV when defeated.

EV's are hidden values, there is no way to see how many EV's a pokemon has. You need to record this yourself, I use a graph with 6 columns. Everytime I defeat a pokemon, I check on serebii.net which type of EV I have gained & mark it in the graph. This is very slow & boring but is worth it.

So, right now I want an offensive & powerful Gyarados. I breeded magikarp's until I got one with an adamant nature, which raises attack stat. Then, I gave it EXP share and battled with my Infernape. With EXP share, you also get the EV's even without battling. So, according to smogon.com, an offensive Gyarados should have 252 attack EV's, 252 speed EV's & 4 defence EV's. So, with my list of speed EV pokemon, I battle only these pokemon. Once finished earning all 252 EV's & recording them all, my Speed stat will be huge. Then, do the same with Attack & Defence. Once you've got all 510 EV's, you can go back to battling any pokemon. My gyarados will now be an extremely offensive pokemon. Using smogon, I can find out a good move set & item to hold, raise it to 100 & done! I've got my EV trained Gyarados which will be very hard to beat!

If you've got any other questions, ask. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭finalfantasist

I haven't ev trained any of my team (only one even has a good nature), although that will change once I get around to training my Chinchou. My current team is:

Empoleon level 100
    Starapter level 100
    Growlithe level 100 (like her more than Arcanine)
    Hariyama level 91 (leveling up to 100)
    Crobat level 40 (shiney)
    Chinchou level 1 (needs training)

Raised my Gyarados from lvl 26 to lvl 42, not bad! :D

Still training Gyarados! :)

He's now 70% EV trained & on lvl 55. Can't wait to battle with it! :D

I have to start this EV training stuff, my Pokémon must be missing out on sme serious power.

My Infernape grew to level 90 just this morning, Dragonite is at 60 and my Metagross is at level 59 and going through much more powerful Pokémon with ease. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

So I've just beaten Whitney last night with the Mankey I got in a trade. Here's my team right now:

Quilava (Lvl 18/19)
    Pidgeotto (Lvl 19)
    Flaafy (Lvl 18, got in a Trade, knows Substitute and Thunderbolt already)
    Wooper (Lvl 18)
    Mankey (Lvl18/19 Got in a Trade)
    Bellsprout (Lvl18/19)

So yeah...my team? I had a Paras as a HM Filler, none of the above know any HMs.. Any ideas for improvements? I'm not sure about the Bellsprout and I had raised a Togepi to Lvl18/19..

wayhey wrote: »
    I'm not sure about the Bellsprout and I had raised a Togepi to Lvl18/19..

Victreebel is alright in this generation, but only really once it learns Leaf Blade and Leaf Storm at Level 47.

And I'm not sure whether or not it's possible to find a Shiny Stone to get a Togekiss before the Elite Four...

• Advertisement

DKZ wrote: »
    Still training Gyarados! :)

He's now 70% EV trained & on lvl 55. Can't wait to battle with it! :D

Got him up to lvl 76 but going to hold off training him to play HGSS! :)

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Victreebel is alright in this generation, but only really once it learns Leaf Blade and Leaf Storm at Level 47.

And I'm not sure whether or not it's possible to find a Shiny Stone to get a Togekiss before the Elite Four...

Yeah I read somewhere you can't. So is it worth re-introducing the Togepi?
    I don't know why but Bellsprout really annoys me. Tries to hard with that Tower and all.. :D

Maybe I should get rid of the Wooper? I thought the Ground combo was good for avoiding Electric but now I'm not sure...

I'm kinda struggling to think of a team..

So far, I only have my Chikorita (only started) & planning on catching a Pidgey.

Ideas anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The array of pokemon available to you at the start is pretty impressive - even before the first gym you'll have more than enough choice, compared to your usual ratatta-equivalent, Pidgey-equivalent, geodude and starter. So far, only accessing the areas that are immediately available, I've seen
    Pidgey
    Rattatta
    Ledyba
    Sentret
    Weedle / Kakuna
    Geodude
    Bellsprout
    Hoothoot
    Whooper
    Unown (if you head east from the 1st town.)

Not sure if you can head south from the first town before you beat the gym but if you can there's
    Mareep
    Hopip
    Ekans

and from the first 3 courses in the Pokewalker you can grab
    Doduo
    Paras
    Venonat
    Nidoran O-> and O+
    Machomp
    Onix
    (not an exhaustive list, just what I've seen)

It's not exactly a who's who of the greatest Pokemon of all time but you're facing nothing but Rattatta and Pidgey and Spearow for the early bit, all you'll need is a Geodude that knows rock throw to beat the first gym single handed (level 12 I think). Bellsprouts are actually quite handy early on since they know a STAB move right off the bat and there's a pier chock full of fishermen right after town number 1. Just dump the first thing you catch on the Pokewalker and start roping in the free 'mons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Think I posted this somewhere already but here's a list of pokemon you can get in the pokewalker, picked up a dratini pretty early into the game

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker-area.shtml

Okay, so after a day of playing:

Bayleef - Lv.16
    Geodude - Lv.15
    Pidgey - Lv.15

In Violet City, 1 gym badge. :)

DKZ wrote: »
    Okay, so after a day of playing:

Bayleef - Lv.16
    Geodude - Lv.15
    Pidgey - Lv.15

In Violet City, 1 gym badge. :)

Pidgey is awesome...better than any Taillow, especially the evolutions. It'll really help with Bugsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Please tell me Bugsy isn't a bug-themed gym leader. Falkiner was bad enough...

Banjo wrote: »
    Please tell me Bugsy isn't a bug-themed gym leader.

Gee, does the name not give it away? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,361 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If my memory serves me correctly:

Feraligatr - Lvl 47
    Gyarados (Shiny Red) - Lvl 45
    Magmar - Lvl 39
    Togetic - Lvl 28
    Sudowoodo - Lvl 22 (HM/Revive Slave)
    Farfetch'd - Lvl 17

Stopped last night just before I battle Lugia (fought it twice but knocked it out both times). Have all 8 gym badges so before I get to the Elite 4, Going to catch Lugia, hopefully one of the other legendaries, and maybe swap Togetic for a Ghost or Electric pokemon, but I don't really have any yet. Have a Lvl 28 Electrode I think, so might train it up

Advertisement