Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that totally turn you off someone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

Reading the posts on this thread I can honestly post that I believe that the majority of posts are by **** heads :eek:, the perfect **** head thread, no faulty genes allowed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

Boasting about giving food to the homeless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

terenc wrote: »
    Reading the posts on this thread I can honestly post that I believe that the majority of posts are by **** heads :eek:, the perfect **** head thread, no faulty genes allowed :rolleyes:

Someone who takes things a little too seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

People who say "we're here for a good time, not a long time".

Do fu*k off.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    People who say "we're here for a good time, not a long time".

Do fu*k off.

We're here for a good time, not a ............... oh wait!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

People who take things too seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Scratching yourself with cutelry is genetic :eek:

This is a fickle thread for fickle people..far too shallow to be offended at being called ****heads. :D

Nightwish wrote: »
    I know and I just hate myself for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

milly4ever wrote: »
    long nails on a man- just wrong.

An ex of mine had his nails long because he played the guitar I used to find it weird too until I learnt that nugget of info

Also I'm saying it again the monobrow there is just no excuse as to why in this day and age people still have them call me shallow if you want but it is starting to fester into a phobia now when I see it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Mispronunciation. And misuse of apostrophes.

You might think that the latter may not be relevant in speech, but the true stickler can still tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Biggins wrote: »
    Cigarette breath. A right turn-off immediately.

+1 and thanked

I dont care how "cool and trendy" the smokers now think they are since th ban came in. That stuff now smells and looks even more disgusting than it did before.

Bonar gone in seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭deisedude

Too much make up on girls really puts me off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

+1 and thanked

I dont care how "cool and trendy" the smokers now think they are since th ban came in. That stuff now smells and looks even more disgusting than it did before.

Bonar gone in seconds

Bonar sounds like some sort of He-Man character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

3 nipples

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

think i'll try give up smoking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Nightwish wrote: »

Someone who doesn't take things seriously enough.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

Man U supporters
    Anyone who is too interested......smell of desperation puts me straight off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Any key? wrote: »
    Man U supporters
    Anyone who is too interested......smell of desperation puts me straight off

Smell of want off ya!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

People who will be turned off by people who support English clubs. C'mon now life is to short.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Ugg boots. They're not even that bad in themselves but they're such a icon of conformity at this point that they really bug me. I've seen some really good looking women wearing them and it's just a total turn-off. I think even go as far as to say that if I was going with someone who started wearing them that I'd ask them to stop immediately.

bazmaiden wrote: »
    3 nipples

I love nipples :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

bonerm wrote: »
    Ugg boots. They're not even that bad in themselves but they're such a icon of conformity at this point that they really bug me. I've seen some really good looking women wearing them and it's just a total turn-off. I think even go as far as to say that if I was going with someone who started wearing them that I'd ask them to stop immediately.

I was invigilating exams last month, and one thing I did out of boredom in one exam was count the number of girls wearing Uggs. The hall had 250 STUDENTS, about half of which were girls, so roughly 125 of the things.

49. 49 out of 125. Fair enough, it wasn't a fair sample, as the reason I ended up counting was that I was walking around and realised "holy sh*teee a lot of these people are wearing the same shoes...", but still an outrageous proportion I thought.

I told this to my girlfriend and she said "actually I would have thought it'd be more"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭pooch90

Columbia wrote: »
    I was invigilating exams last month, and one thing I did out of boredom in one exam was count the number of girls wearing Uggs. The hall had 250 STUDENTS, about half of which were girls, so roughly 125 of the things.

49. 49 out of 125. Fair enough, it wasn't a fair sample, as the reason I ended up counting was that I was walking around and realised "holy sh*teee a lot of these people are wearing the same shoes...", but still an outrageous proportion I thought.

I told this to my girlfriend and she said "actually I would have thought it'd be more"

Ones who own the genuine expensive ones probably didn't want to f*ck them up in the wet....!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Girls with tramp stamps or whatever the proper name is for them.

That sh!t is not cool and its permanent to boot as well! Imagine how will look when your 60! :eek:

I'm not keen on tattoos in general ( but I respect people who have them ) but tramp stamps, forget it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Girls with tramp stamps
    +1 rotters
    or whatever the proper name is for them.
    Target practice I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

bonerm wrote: »
    Ugg boots. They're not even that bad in themselves but they're such a icon of conformity

Damn footwear being such a powerful icon grr!! *shakes fist at the 'man'*

Bring back bare feet I say :p

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

I know this is supposed to be trivial things but I'm in need of a rant but not enough for it to be a PI! My personal pet peeves have been heavily influenced by my most recent disastrous relationship so here are a few:

Comparing your social life to that of the Sex & The City girls - my ex did that, was a personal pet hate before we met, thought she was taking the piss the first few times until it got repeated every time she was heading out on the town...headwrecking....aaaarggggh!

Talking incessantly about yourself - you've led a sheltered and boring existence if you genuinely find yourself the most interesting thing to talk about.

Constantly complaining about the small things/blowing things out of proportion/drama queen/wondering why you get depressed - I've lumped these together as they all occurred with the ex and to my mind they occur in said order. Of course pointing these out to someone is never a good idea!

Creating situations/arguments simply so you can demonstrate your "assertiveness"

Using "bluntness" as a mask for your low self esteem and self confidence

Being aware all the above are classic signs of immaturity and not walking away sooner!

Oh yeah, bitterness...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

being related to someone is generally a turn off...

but then their relations get it goin again...

giggity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Girls with tramp stamps or whatever the proper name is for them.

That sh!t is not cool and its permanent to boot as well! Imagine how will look when your 60! :eek:

I'm not keen on tattoos in general ( but I respect people who have them ) but tramp stamps, forget it!

What's a Tramp Stamp?:confused::o

Advertisement