Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show - Feb 6th 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

he is definately not the full shilling

He was an absolute genius back in the 80's/90's. Had it have been a bit more of a serious interview it would've been better, or have him on with different guests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

flutegirl wrote: »
    He was an absolute genius back in the 80's/90's. Had it have been a bit more of a serious interview it would've been better, or have him on with different guests.

Personally i thought that was great entertainment. Unintentional comedy is always the best in my book :D more of the same please

Who next for melt down on the Saturday night show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

A shambles, but have to say, it's a whole heap more entertaining than the late late.
    The extent of Tubridys craziness goes a far as whether or not he will wear a tie pin this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Barrymore - what a completely unfunny [EMAIL="tw@t"]tw@t[/EMAIL].

Thought it was gas when Jedward's dad mouthed something (looked like "Pr!ck") when he'd left em alone!

Barrymore - what a completely unfunny [EMAIL="tw@t"]tw@t[/EMAIL].

Thought it was gas when Jedward's dad mouthed something (looked like "Pr!ck") when he'd left em alone!

he looked angry, i dont think he was amused in the slightest to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 miaw

Barrymore was off his head..he wasn't fit to be interviewed and Brendan sat back & let him off..it was car-crash tv...that "interview" made for very uncomfortable viewing..O'Connor proved that he couldn't take control:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 storybud1

not sure if he was more embarrassed by his kids,or by the moron barrymore

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Cyril Squirrel

Could anyone have controlled that interview? He wasn't going to answer anything awkward. Not sure O'Connor could do anything with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 the_brain

I think I figured it out.. Barrymore was on to make Jedward look semi normal :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I think what p**sed off Jedward's dad was barrymore joking that he was the father of the two boys, I felt sorry for jedward's parents they must have gone through alot of crap because when the 2 boys started singing in the final shows of the x factor alot of people were saying they are an embarrasment to Ireland, that they couldn't sing or dance (they can't sing or dance in my opinion) but they are entertaining and they are not doing any harm to anyone plus young girls like them and young boys want to be them where's the harm in that? I say good luck to them;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

casio4 wrote: »
    I say good luck to them;)

+1 and I completely agree they can't sing or dance, and they make a good attempt at getting the crowd going!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sammybeag

Barrymore was off his head. Im not sure if it was sad to see a man in that state or hilarious, a bit of both I think!

As an interviewing show it sucked, but for pure entertainment it was gold. Brendan needs to cop on in the interviewing game, I like him and find him very funny but if ye've ever seen the british show "harry hills tv burps" where they take weekly tv clips out of context and comment on them, I think hed be great at that

sammybeag wrote: »
    Barrymore was off his head. Im not sure if it was sad to see a man in that state or hilarious, a bit of both I think!

As an interviewing show it sucked, but for pure entertainment it was gold. Brendan needs to cop on in the interviewing game, I like him and find him very funny but if ye've ever seen the british show "harry hills tv burps" where they take weekly tv clips out of context and comment on them, I think hed be great at that

like neil delamares tv burps :) RTE made a balls of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Greyham

"Barrymore embarrasses self and Irish nation on saturday night television program"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Greyham wrote: »
    "Barrymore embarrasses self and Irish nation on saturday night television program"
    We know.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It seems this show is the televisual embodiment of the Sunday Indo. i.e. utter trash. Nice one, RTE...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just watched this now.

My Gawd, Barrymore was embarrassing. I can't make my mind iup if it was drink, drugs or a combination of both.

His Irish accent was awful and Mr Jedward was not impressed.

Wish BOC would ask some hard questions instead of the 'you've still got it' type malarkey. Barrymore has a lot of skeletons in his cupboard and not one of them were touched during this 'interview'.

Must admit that this made for great TV. Not BOC's fault he was in that state and made a fool of himself. Don't understand people saying it was 'Car Crash TV' etc. RTE just show what happened, Barrymore was the car crash not RTE.
    Wish people here on Boards would stop saying the show is '****e' even before it is broadcast!

Finally editing was terrible, one sec, he was on his knees beside BOC and in a nanosecond he was back on his chair. Very poor!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

cringe TV at it's best !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Wow, it was car-crash TV. The Jedward lads didnt realise that BOC was taking the p!ss out of them (or at least they gave a good impression of not noticing it). As for Barrymore, I'm not sure what presenter would have managed to put the brakes on him - he was completely and utterly off his trolley. I had to chuckle when he said he'd been concentrating on making himself well -hmm, back to the drawing board on that one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

flutegirl wrote: »
    Things must be bad if he's name-dropping SuBo.

Pretty much any verb would have worked there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Yes Barrymore was mental at times. Managed to pull it back eg. when talking about Subo etc so I think it was all an act (albeit a crazy bad one).

Jedwards father looked ANGRY :mad: The mother was a bit silly to go along with the stupid joke. They both need to cop on and stop pimping out their kids and send them back to school.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Jedward performing their new single.

"It's the moment we've all been waiting for" according to Brendan.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

amdublin2 wrote: »
    Jedward performing their new single.

"It's the moment we've all been waiting for" according to Brendan.

:confused:

Well it meant the show was over... :)

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Well it meant the show was over... :)

True! Brendan was right afterall if I look at it from this perspective. And for me it was the best moment of my life. Please god it runs for 8 shows and then goes away and dies a painful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

amdublin2 wrote: »
    Please god it runs for 8 shows and then goes away and dies a painful death.

It's far better than the dull LLS. Tubridy has finally been called on his FF bent. It's clear he doesnt have the objectivity to be a proper presenter. So here's the plan... Tell Brendan to come in a day early call it "The Friday Night Show", cancel the LLS and send Tubridy packing back to his ógra FF friends. Let him do that hour of fluff rubbish on the radio (even though I have to shut the radio off for that hour), and leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,160 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Who the **** sanctioned a guy like Barrymore to appear. He is completely insane, a pathetic creature. That was cringeing.

As for Jedward, seriously, who needed that twat Gallagher, boring boring Cathy Kelly. Jedward were brilliant yet again. An hour of Jedward the show should have been. These boys are just so honest, natural and themselves. No smut, no innuendo, no coarse language, no arrogance; plain classy all the time.

And to all the nay sayers and begrudgers, they can dance, can sing, but most of all, they can damn
    well put on a show. Absolute born entertainers. It shines through

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭InisMor

I was hoping to read this morning that Jedward's da had beaten the crap out of Barrymore. The mother was a twat to have gone along with it. They should have caused a scene in the studio. That would have been legend.

There was no drink, etc. involved in Barrymore's antics. It was all to avoid any serious questions, you could tell Gallagher was thinking that to.

I heard during the week that for some reason the producers have O'Connor on a leash, and clearly last night was evidence of that. He hated Jedward when he was on the Late Late Show last year, and O'Connor's only reason for having Barrymore on the show should have been to rip him to shreds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jimofaolain

Why does Brendan O' Connor have his own talk show. Why the ****! The Barrymore bit was entertaining, especially since O'Connor, wearing his celebrity journalist hat described him as "a nasty bully. A nasty, bitter bully" back in 2006. Then introduces him as "the legendary Michael Barrymore", and claiming "he's still got it!" What a hypocritical, lowest common denominator scumbag.:mad::confused:

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/marsh-bullies-slink-to-their-lower-depths-125523.html

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭InisMor

Why does Brendan O' Connor have his own talk show. Why the ****! The Barrymore bit was entertaining, especially since O'Connor, wearing his celebrity journalist hat described him as "a nasty bully. A nasty, bitter bully" back in 2006. Then introduces him as "the legendary Michael Barrymore", and claiming "he's still got it!" What a hypocritical, lowest common denominator scumbag.:mad::confused:

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/marsh-bullies-slink-to-their-lower-depths-125523.html

I agree that O'Connor is a hypocrite, but you thought Barrymore was "a bit entertaining"!!! WTF!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It's far better than the dull LLS. Tubridy has finally been called on his FF bent. It's clear he doesnt have the objectivity to be a proper presenter. So here's the plan... Tell Brendan to come in a day early call it "The Friday Night Show", cancel the LLS and send Tubridy packing back to his ógra FF friends. Let him do that hour of fluff rubbish on the radio (even though I have to shut the radio off for that hour), and leave it at that.
    This post is wrong on just about every level.

Advertisement