Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show - Feb 6th 2010

Options
  • 05-02-2010 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Just heard a promo for this.

PJ Gallagher and JEdward.

Just a three week delay on the LLS guests really.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Terrible sho.....oh wait it is on tomorrow :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

rovert wrote: »
    Terrible sho.....oh wait it is on tomorrow :o

I was just giving you 24 hours to get your counter argument ready, (and to draw up another picture of a broken record) ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Isnt it a clever move from rte not having jedward on the late late instead they have them on this show because they know a lot more people will watch it just because there on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,911 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Brendan should style his hair like Jedward in their honour :D

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2010/0206/saturdaynightshow.html
    Joining host Brendan O'Connor will be 'X Factor' stars Jedward, presenter Michael Barrymore and comedian PJ Gallagher. Jedward will perform their Irish number one single 'Under Pressure', and make an announcement about their major support slot for this summer.'The Saturday Night Show' begins on RTÉ One at 9.45pm.

Michael Barrymore joining the other two on the show. Brendan will ask the tough questions that Tubridy wouldnt have the balls to ask. I dont think I've heard anything more apt though... Michael Barrymore on the show with JEdward and them singing "Under Pressure". Who writes this stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Honestly it wasn't as bad as I predicted it to be. I don't like the chap that much but I think he did a very good job last week imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I don't think I'll be watching this, last weeks one was fecking awful.

Twink and Linda Martin shyting on...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    I don't think I'll be watching this, last weeks one was fecking awful.

Twink and Linda Martin shyting on...

But Jedward....

I think it'll be interesting when Barrymore is on. I wonder if it'll be lighthearted chat or serious questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I can't stand Brendan O'Connor though, he's the such a feckin tosser.

If he wasn't presenting it I'd probably watch it, but the way he shytes on like he's something special really pisses me off.

He made it big doing this ffs...

Oh he's so controversial...

Ehh, no he isn't, he's on RTE...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

here they are . . . . in ther full annoyingness.

brendan o connor and jedward on the same show, time to change over to 3, bruce almightys on :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

I managed to remain unaware of the Jedward phenomenon over the last eh....months, year?

Are they a bit....slow?

They're either really clever and playing a character, or slightly retarded.

I think.

Let this be a warning to all pregnant women..

No smoking..
    No alcohol...
    No Sunny Delight...

Good god their parents look so young.. It's hard to imagine them having a family and not "like" living in the same place as those characters from Toy Story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Was just wondering were those kids completly sheltered during their youth??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

MikeC101 wrote: »
    I managed to remain unaware of the Jedward phenomenon over the last eh....months, year?

Are they a bit....slow?

They're either really clever and playing a character, or slightly retarded.

I think.
    they may come across as slow but they're worth a fortune and they are doing alot of modelling so they are raking in the dough and getting free clothes too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

i think its somewhere in between with the 2 lads. They are playing the jedward thing up to a certain extent but they are also very innocent too. Tis a little bit disturbing.

I love those clips they show of their prize trips to the US, the clips are clearly taken off youtube or something. watch them again, so blurry. Cheap f*ckers at RTE.

bazmaiden wrote: »
    Was just wondering were those kids completly sheltered during their youth??

I think they must have been brought up with a lot of drama, school plays etc etc. and American TV shows where all emotions are exaggerated. They
    are very confident and outspoken.

i think its somewhere in between with the 2 lads. They are playing the jedward thing up to a certain extent but they are also very innocent too. Tis a little bit disturbing.

It's really weird, I find it hard to believe someone of Leaving Cert age could be so innocent / naive. Meh, better than drinking in fields I suppose!
    casio4 wrote: »
    they may come across as slow but they're worth a fortune and they are doing alot of modelling so they are raking in the dough and getting free clothes too

I think I might have been a bit harsh - they seem like they've had a very sheltered life, that's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 storybud1

if only the 2 idiots (jedward) would tell people thay are not irish,then we could laugh at them,but at the moment it is pure pity.

This show isn't actually that bad.

Which is a ringing endorsement for an RTE comedy

racking my brains as to where ive seen her,

she was in Fr Ted. "good luck with book"

"Hello Fr Ted Curley"

• Advertisement

racking my brains as to where ive seen her,
    she was in Fr Ted. "good luck with book"
    "Hello Fr Ted Curley"

No that wasnt her. That was Gemma Craven. Cathy Kelly writes for a Sunday Newspaper. You probably saw her on the promos on the telly. She's a good looking woman but I find her very hard to listen to. A bit too "nice".

All four guests have ADD I think.

what in the name of jaysus is this all about, potential car crash tv on our hands when michael barrymore comes out.

this could be a great show for the wrong reasons. hopefully jedward keep butting in. They won;t be chuckled along to over here like they are in the UK, they'll soon be told to shut up their nonsense over here

No that wasnt her. That was Gemma Craven. Cathy Kelly writes for a Sunday Newspaper. You probably saw her on the promos on the telly. She's a good looking woman but I find her very hard to listen to. A bit too "nice".

All four guests have ADD I think.

jaysus i was convinced, I stand corrected. where have i seen her before though??? hmmmmmmm

Why is she squawking like a chicken....

Dear lord it's turned into an animal impressions fest...

I'm so confused. (Maybe it's an Arrested Development reference)

I can speak dog... good lad of course you can

Depressing that 37% of the audience think Ahern should be next Lord Mayor of Dublin....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It's really weird, I find it hard to believe someone of Leaving Cert age could be so innocent / naive. Meh, better than drinking in fields I suppose!

I read recently that they just turned 18, yet they were only in 5th year at the Institute of Education in Dublin. Most of us do our leaving cert when we're 17, so they must be a bit on the dim side!

UH OH micheal barrymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Should be interesting...

• Advertisement

Depressing that 37% of the audience think Ahern should be next Lord Mayor of Dublin....

I guessed 20% and thought that it would be too high. But you know what they say, you get the politicians you deserve.. and we certainly do.. that's why
    Beverly Flynn (who still owes the state money from her lost libel case)
    Michael Lowry (who has to answer over for his painted house, NTR, Eircell etc)
    all top the polls in their constituencies

Oh my god, he's been on the sauce... I'd say Oliver Reed is looking down on this wondering wtf he ever did wrong.

Advertisement