Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling gear and what it says about you!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

looks are all in the mind.

So never underestimate their importance.
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭English Bob

I reckon it'd be a great bit of banter to wear a championship / tour winner replica jersey on a club spin!!!
    If your'e not prepared to take a little bit of harmful 'verbal abuse' then maybe you should just stick to plain jerseys.
    Part of the fun in going out with the club spins is the banter that comes your way.
    Have to say tho - One main reason I got a Raleigh was becuase of the union jack logo on the frame!! (not that you'd notice it when out, unless I was cycling over your head!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

Wear what you like I say, it can be fun. I guess when you wear a commerative top it does kind of says 'been there, done that'. Although if its one of the only few tops you have, what choice do you have, and why not use what you have been given (within reason) ! If you wear the polka dot, do you like spots or do you have affection for climbing or do you think you are the best ? I quite like this wind cheater, but dont own it, does it mean I have a split personality :D
    Windjacke_front.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I've no problem at all from a bit of banter. However I got the impression that some of it seems to be more sneering.

I suppose as with anything, cycling has its fair share of those who are a good laugh, and those that are just dickheads.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Jesus wept

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,601 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

dayshah wrote: »
    I've no problem at all from a bit of banter. However I got the impression that some of it seems to be more sneering.

I suppose as with anything, cycling has its fair share of those who are a good laugh, and those that are just dickheads.

I have turned up to club races (and training spins) in all sorts of gear, including "Alcatraz" (prison stripes), Mumu (Friesen cow), boards gear, and even my "Beasty" top. It's a laugh - I know I'll get ribbed, but it is all part of the banter - the one thing I don't wear is the club gear, as I don't want to get lost in the crowd! Likewise, I don't mind what anyone else wears. Absolutely no-one has "sneered" at me - they know it doesn't make me any faster and they'll probably beat me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

tbh i couldnt care if someone was butt naked so long as im going faster :D never knew cycling was such a fashion show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

tbh i couldnt care if someone was butt naked so long as im going faster :D never knew cycling was such a fashion show

There are only a few cyclists that I would care to cycle behind if they were naked.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Such as me!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

:D:D:D

You wouldn't cycle behind me if I was naked, I can assure you.

:D:D:D

doesn't matter what I wear, it all screams "clydesdale"!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

el tonto wrote: »
    Such as me!
    No.

I have seen the hairy crack of your arse thru the pink gear. Whilst I am no longer on tranquilisers for it, I still suffer from nightmares.

I do provide a good draft

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

I'd stay behind Liz Hatch no bother :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

ROK ON wrote: »
    No.

I have seen the hairy crack of your arse thru the pink gear. Whilst I am no longer on tranquilisers for it, I still suffer from nightmares.

Is that stuff see through? Great, now half of kilkenny has probably seen my bare ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Is that stuff see through? Great, now half of kilkenny has probably seen my bare ass.

tee hee heee:D:D;):eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

How about this? Not for cycling per say just for day to day, but may include some time in the saddle. Do you reckon ya can get away with it or is it asking for trouble?

8556MO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭jefferson73

happytramp wrote: »
    How about this? Not for cycling per say just for day to day, but may include some time in the saddle. Do you reckon ya can get away with it or is it asking for trouble?

8556MO.jpg

I have this, the trainer version. Got it about five years ago from vintage velos, it's a high quality merino wool jersey. I've worn it on and off the bike, was especially useful during the snow at christmas. Would definately recommend, i'll more than likey qet the jersey version as i have a discount code for the site to use before it expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

Yeah, it's super nice but at $220 it's probably a bit too pricey for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭jefferson73

happytramp wrote: »
    Yeah, it's super nice but at $220 it's probably a bit too pricey for me!

Fair enough, Alternatively this

Advertisement