Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - 05/02

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

duckysauce wrote: »
    saunas

Oh.
    If you say so...

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 CommsGirl

going a little off topic here but can anyone tell me how to get a quote the proper way. i tried it the other day but it did not appear in my post in a little blue box like all you pro posters. Ty very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Originally Posted by ArtSmart
    Where else could you meet a group of men of whom 40% are gay?

Gay Bars

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

CommsGirl wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorence but who is Richard Dawkins and what happened on the show.

Professor Richard Dawkins - Foremost Evolutionary biologist, author, probably the most famous atheist in the world.

When Tubs had him on he was rude and treated him with utter disrespect and disdain. He insisted on talking about The God Delusion (probably his most famous book) when he was on to talk about his most recent work The Greatest Show On Earth. He made fatuous remarks about RD believing religion was like believing in the Easter bunny and got a show of hands from the audience to "prove" that because 95% of the audience put up their hands when asked "who here believes in God?" that meant of course there is a God :rolleyes: He had a chance to put interesting and incisive questions to one of the most eminent scientists in the world and he instead made belittling comments and asked the kind of questions a 4 year old might put. He also showed he didn't read any of RD's books as he appeared to know very little about him.
    It proved to me what a second rate interviewer he really is. He's ok with celebrities where he doesn't have to tax his few brain cells but it really showed he's not up to the task of more serious interviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

ArtSmart wrote: »
    Ha Ha.
    I thought it was the Glaswegan '**** You Pal'
    So who's getting the funny credit? Me?

No, me :D

Well, I did FYP but only got one 'thanks' :o

:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

If he hates the catholic church then he should not be wearing a priest's uniform.

yeah I agree with CommsGirl, the man claims to be a member of the Catholic church... which disagrees with homosexuality, yet he then claims that 40% of priests are homosexuals... and he is still a member. There are too many contradictions...

That's why I think he is deliberately being so public about his relationship and wearing the collar. He's is wantonly bringing disrepute on the church.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I dont have a tv so cant watch this but I like George Hook, hes a real genuine person. had his own business and then had alot of personal problems and almost committed suicide then turned his life around and became a tv/radio personality. he's a real character

going a little off topic here but can anyone tell me how to get a quote the proper way. i tried it the other day but it did not appear in my post in a little blue box like all you pro posters. Ty very much.

you can either click the quote button at the side of the post

or copy and paste the text and enclose in the

[ quote ] text [ /quote ]

tags (without the spaces).

duckysauce wrote: »
    ??? unprof its life , why did he becpme a priest if he knew he was gay at 12???

unprof its life

Sorry, haven't a clue what that means. Perhaps if you actually wrote in coherent sentences I might know.

I presume he became a priest because he had a "calling" or whatever it is people get who wish to join religious orders.

I dont have a tv so cant watch this but I like George Hook, hes a real genuine person. had his own business and then had alot of personal problems and almost committed suicide then turned his life around and became a tv/radio personality. he's a real character

Did you hear the "George In The Psychiatrist's Chair" they had on Newstalk they had last year (Oct 8th). It's on podcasts..... So if you really want to know the man like Popey does..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

You don't have a TV??

You can watch it on RTE Player soon enough anyway.

He's is wantonly bringing more disrepute on the church.

Fixed that for ya :p

Latchy wrote: »
    Gay Bars

Yes, but what if God is calling you to a life of monied luxury excess? (AKA the priesthood)

Oh, right, Banker Gay Bars.

@ JA, TY. I was christened a catholic and until I was old enough I was a practising catholic. Now I am 28 yrs of age and I am Lesbian and I view myself more so a Christian rather then a Catholic. Their are priests out there who are very nice men who do great jobs and help alot of people but the idiot who was on tonight's show who's name I dont even know or to be honest want to know is a joke. He claims he helps alot of Homosexual men and women every day by 'taking them in' and to be honest if he does then fair play. But he just contradicated himself over and over tonight. If he wanted to stick 2 fingers up to the establishment then he certainely did it, but did he have to make the plight of Homosexuals look even worse in the public eye.

Did you hear the "George In The Psychiatrist's Chair" they had on Newstalk they had last year (Oct 8th). It's on podcasts..... So if you really want to know the man like Popey does..

It's bloody unreal the amt of celebs 'fessing up to either depression suicide, being abused etc lately
    Is it the new fashion or is fame a result of a traumatic childhood?:cool:

Yes, but what if God is calling you to a life of monied luxury excess? (AKA the priesthood)

That's just Catholic Church PR ....

@ JA, TY. I was christened a catholic and until I was old enough I was a practising catholic. Now I am 28 yrs of age and I am Lesbian and I view myself more so a Christian rather then a Catholic. Their are priests out there who are very nice men who do great jobs and help alot of people but the idiot who was on tonight's show who's name I dont even know or to be honest want to know is a joke. He claims he helps alot of Homosexual men and women every day by 'taking them in' and to be honest if he does then fair play. But he just contradicated himself over and over tonight. If he wanted to stick 2 fingers up to the establishment then he certainely did it, but did he have to make the plight of Homosexuals look even worse in the public eye.

I'm not really gonna get into this too deeply as it doesn't interest me enough, but i will say i thought he was genuine. The church is an absolute mess and cant even admit it. I've no doubt 40% are gay - so what i say. It's (catholic church etc) all nonsense.IMO, but at least he was being up front about an unspoken topic.
    Anyway ,there are bigger issues than this gay priest routine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Grainnie Seogie should be presenting The Late Late and that's all I have to say.

Did RTE really lure her away from Sky to present a f**king talent show?

There was no luring in it.
    She came back in through the cat flap.
    No use to Sky no more, ya see.

The late late is currently in a coma.
    With tubridy at the helm it is just question, answer, question, answer, question, answer.
    Where is the chat in this chat show.
    No comfortable back and forth, no flow, in fact it resembles me when I first started chattin' girls up.

Flicked over to Ross, and pink and fluffy as it was, it was entertaining.
    Meanwhile back in the late late dungeons............

TBH after tonight I am looking forward to the Saturday night show.
    Maybe that was RTE's plan all along.

mikom wrote: »
    There was no luring in it.
    She came back in through the cat flap.
    No use to Sky no more, ya see.

The late late is currently in a coma.
    With tubridy at the helm it is just question, answer, question, answer, question, answer.
    Where is the chat in this chat show.
    No comfortable back and forth, no flow, in fact it resembles me when I first started chattin' girls up.

Flicked over to Ross, and pink and fluffy as it was, it was entertaining.
    Meanwhile back in the late late dungeons............

TBH after tonight I am looking forward to the Saturday night show.
    Maybe that was RTE's plan all along.

Yeah, it's a sad state of affairs, esp since they wont get rid of him no matter what. The man just cant seem to relax or tap into his 'genuine person' gene (assuming he has one of course) like Gay Byrne could.

@ Latchy Here Here. Why join an organisation that thinks just because you happen to be homosexual, transgender, bisexual or a little bit different your a sinner. There are ways of helping make the world a little bit better without joining a backward, overbaring, contraditing bunch of ****. There are some nice priests out there but it's a bit hard to work for such a ****e establishment.

• Advertisement

It's bloody unreal the amt of celebs 'fessing up to either depression suicide, being abused etc lately Is it the new fashion or is fame a result of a traumatic childhood?:cool:

Well (at the risk of the risk of you jumping down my throat again ;-) ), I thought it was ironic again, when Gabriel Byrne was (HBO) counsellor turned patient.

The George Hook interview is very interesting though. He pretty much lays all his cards on the table. "The Lovely Ingrid" must surely have been very uncomfortable with all of his disclosures.

@ Latchy Here Here. Why join an organisation that thinks just because you happen to be homosexual, transgender, bisexual or a little bit different your a sinner. There are ways of helping make the world a little bit better without joining a backward, overbaring, contraditing bunch of ****. There are some nice priests out there but it's a bit hard to work for such a ****e establishment.

So you're saying you wouldn't be a Fianna Fail supporter then?
    :P

Well (at the risk of the risk of you jumping down my throat again ;-) ), Em, you mean my subtle sophisticated reproach?;)
    I thought it was ironic again, when Gabriel Byrne was (HBO) counsellor turned patient.

The George Hook interview is very interesting though. He pretty much lays all his cards on the table. "The Lovely Ingrid" must surely have been very uncomfortable with all of his disclosures.

Yeah, Gabriel, Brenda Fricker, George, some other one i forget. Maybe its just the season for it. Not that i'm making light of it - its not nice to see someone suffer, but you know, do we really have to know about all the skeletons? What point does it serve? Though maybe it does help people, i dont really know. Personally i find it irrelevent - tell me bout your achievements, not the 'hard life' story.

Hey - that is ironic!!! (insert grin)

Greentopia wrote: »
    So you're saying you wouldn't be a Fianna Fail supporter then?
    :P

No no. I would be a FG, Labour and Green party Follower but to be honest I have become a little disillushioned by alot of our public appointed politians.

No no. I would be a FG, Labour and Green party Follower but to be honest I have become a little disillushioned by alot of our public appointed politians.

a little disillusioned? Now there's the art of understatement in action...

Mind you, if they could round up them w/bankers...
    Anyway, bedtime for me. Nite

Something that organisation has hated more than anything , free speech and the right choice of people to think for themselfs .

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/sex-dawn/200911/learning-masturbate-in-spain

I came across this article from november 09 in ' Phychology Today 'Titled ' Sex At Dawn ' Exploring the evolutionary origins of modern sexuality Spanish schools teach responsible sexual behavior despite Catholic pressure. ' It's a Blog dealing with attitudes of professionals on the subject which can loose you your job,

The whole article is slightly humourous but catholic priests comments on the subject of womens sex toys at the end followed by the comments of the blogger made me LOL .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Could that british officer fella who shot yer man in the eye not feel the sweat on his face and chin? It was dripping off him, it was discusting. Sure he could have had a tissue or something in his pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

Seriously the priest who was just on the late show just made himself and Homosexuality look bad. The fact that he went onto the show wearing his 'uniform' ie the priest outfit even though he's no longer a priest just show's him to be out of touch with reality. I dont think that he is dating a man of nearly 20 years and he met him whilst he was a priest helps his case. To be honest and I hate to say it, it makes my skin crawl somewhat. It stinks of a dirty old man looking for a young man. I have never met the man himself and if he thought going on the show will make him appeal to people in society I have to say it backfired on him. He contradicated himself so many times and just made a mockery of the already damaged catholic church here in Ireland.

What was his name ?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭gerardk55

A little off topic but did Brian Kennedy break wind on friday night? Check out the show on rte iplayer about 9mins 28 secs in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Ouravit wrote: »
    What was his name ?
    his name is pat buckley and as someone said earlier in the thread if he knew at the age of 12 that he was gay why did he become a priest? he's a sicko

Advertisement