Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl Buried Alive In Honour Killing Horror

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

There is NOTHING WHATSOEVER in Islam to justify this. In fact if you (or they had) read the Qur'an you find that they will be punished severly by God for doing this. Please educate yourself.

I said it was used as a justification. I never said it was an aspect or tenet of the religion itself. Its the same thing with Christianity and the Crusades. Jesus didn't call for an invasion but the religion was used as the spur and excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

I'm just wondering why some Ayatollah or something doesnt come out and condemn this type of act, just baffles me :confused:

They do, it is just usually not widly reported. There are hundreds of Islamic leaders who condemed 9/11 for example but most people don't know about it.

paperclip2 wrote: »
    I said it was used as a justification. I never said it was an aspect or tenet of the religion itself. Its the same thing with Christianity and the Crusades. Jesus didn't call for an invasion but the religion was used as the spur and excuse.

You seem to know a lot more about this case than the SKY do. Can you fill us in on how you know 1) They are even Muslims and 2)How they used Islam to justify this?

strobe wrote: »
    Yeah but man you're obviously going to say that because you don't want us finding out about the other secret qur'an that tells how you guys plan to bury all our daughters next. Sly one.

Awh ****, we've been found out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

But a form of that religion created an environment where this act was a possibility.

(Cough) clerical child abuse (cough)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Absolutely sickening stuff. Someone who can easily go about killing their own child/grandchild over something so trivial is pure evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭techdiver

Riddle101 wrote: »
    It's sickening but at least the father and grandfather have been arrested, rather then allowing them to go free, like some other countries have done in the Middle East. Wasn't there a case two weeks ago where a woman got raped and was actually arrested instead, while the rapist get's to go free.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055791867

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

What?!! Are you serious? How did Islam create this? Murdering any innocent person is a serious crime.

Look I think what I'm trying to say (badly) is my issue with a religion is when it appears to do nothing to reclaim itself from those who twist it and use some or all of its teaching so selectively that it can be used as a justification or cover for such vile acts. I'm not trying to have a pop at Islam solely. Its a problem with a lot of religions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

You seem to know a lot more about this case than the SKY do. Can you fill us in on how you know 1) They are even Muslims

The majority of Kurds are Muslims, honour killings seem to predominantly take place in Islamic communities, it's a fair assumption.

Edit: Some of the reports actually are saying she was a Muslim

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

People would be giving out if they killed her.

• Advertisement

Look I think what I'm trying to say (badly) is my issue with a religion is when it appears to do nothing to reclaim itself from those who twist it and use some or all of its teaching so selectively that it can be used as a justification or cover for such vile acts. I'm not trying to have a pop at Islam solely. Its a problem with a lot of religions.

Ok fair enough, but I disagree the religions do nothing to reclaim themselves from those who twist it. Priests speak against this stuff all the time. So do Imams in the Mosque.

MikeC101 wrote: »
    The majority of Kurds are Muslims, honour killings seem to predominantly take place in Islamic communities, it's a fair assumption.

Ok, and point 2? How did they use Islam as a justification for this murder of this innocent girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Ciaran187

I think I understand what you're saying. It's not justification for the act, but the people who commit such vile acts are claiming it's because their own interpritation of their religion says so.

Would that be correct?

sorry to be slightly off topic but I thought I'd throw in this little gem. The bible is against churches. It says not to gather to praise god but to praise him in how you live your life and appreciate and give thanks for what he has provided for us. Yet the entire faith revolves around churches. Mis-interpritation? The vatican figured it's a good way to make money? Who knows - the point I'm putting accross here is we chose not to listen to something in the bible - the basis of our own religion.

Granted it's not as extreme as this and I'm not drawing any comparison but it's something to keep in mind. Who decides which bits of the bible are important / more important than others?

Ok, and point 2? How did they use Islam as a justification for this murder of this innocent girl.

I didn't offer an opinion on point 2, I was addressing point 1.

I'm just saying that in the context - an honour killing taking place in a Kurdish area of Turkey (or Kurdistan, if you like) - it's not really unreasonable to make the assumption that the people involved are Muslims, given the demographics of the region, and the phenomenon of honour killings predominantly taking place in Muslim communities.

I'm not saying Islam is to blame in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

the shock, horror and anger i felt whilst reading that are not conveyable through words :mad::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    WTF is wrong with people!

We need some superheroes.
    Team America, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

It is usually associated with the killings because in the vast majority of cases it is the only common denominator in these murders, from the USA, to Britain, to Germany, to Jordan, to Bangladesh, to Turkey.. by and large those who have claimed to have perpetrated an "honour killing" share only one thing in common.. their religion. That's not to say honour killings are confined to any one grouping or religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭ItisintheSTARS

As ar as I know it was the attack on JERUSALEM which is both Christian and Jewish
    which the Crusaders were protecting against an Islamic Invasion.
    If they had not done so you would probably have grown up as a Moslem,and all of Europe too.
    So could you please attack the Church if you must with correct information.
    And Jesus was not a HIPPY He stated that he expected followers to DIE if necessary
    for the Higher cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

techdiver wrote: »
    16-year-old girl was buried alive by relatives in a gruesome Turkish honour killing - because she befriended boys
    MikeC101 wrote: »

Since we cant even be consistent in our assumptions regarding her ethnicity lets not make assumptions about peoples religion ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

Mustafa Kemal Ataturk would have been just as sickened as any of us. This is the kind of barbarism he hated and wanted to eradicate when he founded the modern state of Turkey in 1924.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Sharia law which is supposed to be Gods law. Basically the same way all religions have been used and/or manipulate religion to justify the dispicable. They may have genuinely believed the were doing Gods will,just like the 911 terrorists ect.Humans tend to compartmentalise a lot. Basically,if you believe you have God on your side anything gos.

And Jesus was not a HIPPY He stated that he expected followers to DIE if necessary
    for the Higher cause.

Unfortunately for you the Higher cause Jesus spoke of has nothing to do with who owns what piece of land, or what the prevalent religion is.

Thomas828 wrote: »
    Mustafa Kemal Ataturk would have been just as sickened as any of us. This is the kind of barbarism he hated and wanted to eradicate when he founded the modern state of Turkey in 1924.

Turkey goes further than most countries where this kind of thing happens to punish those responsible harshly and to the letter of the law. On the other hand in countries such as Jordan and Syria, claiming a killing is an "honour killing" is a legitimate form of defence, and more lenient sentences are applicable.

Xluna wrote: »
    Sharia law which is supposed to be Gods law. Basically the same way all religions have been used and/or manipulate religion to justify the dispicable. They may have genuinely believed the were doing Gods will,humans tend to compartmentalise a lot. Basically,if you believe you have God on your side any thing gos.
    Actually my question was where is the proof this crime was comitted in the name of Islam.

In any case your point that someone can murder an innocent girl in an "honour killing" and claim it is based on Islamic teaching is as redicilous as me killing someone and claiming I was doing it in the name of Enda Kenny.

There is nothing in Islam which allows this sickening practice, nothing that even comes close to it.

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Since we cant even be consistent in our assumptions regarding her ethnicity lets not make assumptions about peoples religion ?

What's not consistent?

Kurds are a significant ethnic group in Turkey - the killing took place in a Kurdish area. Hence, it took place in Turkey, and the perpetrators appear to have been Kurdish in ethnicity.

What's hard to understand about that?

In any case your point that someone can murder an innocent girl in an "honour killing" and claim it is based on Islamic teaching is as redicilous as me killing someone and claiming I was doing it in the name of Enda Kenny.

Ridiculous to you and I yes,rediculous to others-obviously not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

thats fairly crazy alright. They also sometimes kill women who where victims of rape, what kind of mental place is that at all.

There is nothing in Islam which allows this sickening practice, nothing that even comes close to it.

Quran- 4:15 “If any of your women are guilty of lewdness, take the evidence of four (reliable) witness from amongst you against them; if they testify, confine them to houses until death do claim them. Or God ordain for them some (other) way.”

Quran-24:2“The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication—flog each of them with hundred stripes: Let no compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by God, if ye believe in God and the last day.”

Ridiculous to you and I yes,rediculous to others-obviously not.

So do you agree with me that there is no basis they could claim Islamic teaching supports this murder?

• Advertisement

Quran- 4:15 “If any of your women are guilty of lewdness, take the evidence of four (reliable) witness from amongst you against them; if they testify, confine them to houses until death do claim them. Or God ordain for them some (other) way.”

Quran-24:2“The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication—flog each of them with hundred stripes: Let no compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by God, if ye believe in God and the last day.”

How are those verses linked to honour killings?

Advertisement