Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl Buried Alive In Honour Killing Horror

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Honestly thats f**king taking the pi$$ altogether, do decent muslims not get fed up of this $hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,276 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Mmmmm bbq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

WTF is wrong with people!

We need some superheroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Cue another argument about sharia law and islamic practises etc...

I for one amen't surprised that it's happened in an islamic community.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Honestly thats f**king taking the pi$$ altogether, do decent muslims not get fed up of this $hit.

They don't support this as

"Medine's father and grandfather have been arrested and jailed pending trial over her killing, the agency said."

This isn't a religious thing , it's child murders hiding behind religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Gotta respect their culture innit

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

It has less to do with Islam and more to do with culture and society. However you're right, these cultures which engage in this sort of barbarism aren't going to listen to westerners condemnation. They would listen to being condemned by others in the Islamic world. That however is not going to happen unfortunately.

At least in Turkey justice will be served.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Animals. the amount of sickening sh*te that goes on in this world is appaling. at least some people are standing up to it and it makes the news, which may help to stop it, but god only knows what we dont know and never will hear about...

at times like this, im happy we live in a country and culture thats knows, by in large, the difference between right and wrong. we have our scumbags, but this is wrong, wrong, wrong...

hope the c*nts are buried alive themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

Ha, homerjay2005 failing big time with that last sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

I can't believe I'm agreeing with the Pope but...I really do not want to see Turkey in the E.U.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

They want to join the EU? They should be told to feck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Anyone else just fill up with rage reading that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Should there not be a "Moral Outrage" forum for this sort of thing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

FFS! :mad:

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    They want to join the EU? They should be told to feck off.

Because there was a sick twisted murder there ?

We have those too you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

Obviously they do, hence the father and grandfather have been arrested.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

at times like this, im happy we live in a country and culture thats knows, by in large, the difference between right and wrong. we have our scumbags, but this is wrong, wrong, wrong...

I don't think you can shine any sort of light on the moral compass of Ireland. History (even recent history) has shown how evil our fellow countrymen and women can be.

jhegarty wrote: »
    Because there was a sick twisted murder there ?

We have those too you know.

No but because they have a widespread religion which they use to justify this sort of thing. One could imagine that there would have been a level of support for the actions of the father and grandfather although maybe not publicly expressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Of course they do. But the news is wildly disproportionate. Nothing sells like outrage, and that's all the news wants to peddle. You find a story that portrays Muslims, or in fact, anyone who's got controversy surrounding them in a positive light, and I guarantee you, none of the news outlets will cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

I for one, fully support Turkey's application to be a full member of the European Union.

With interesting things like this going on, What a great addition they would make..

[/Enough sarcasm to kill a small horse]

• Advertisement

paperclip2 wrote: »
    No but because they have a widespread religion which they use to justify this sort of thing. One could imagine that there would have been a level of support for the actions of the father and grandfather although maybe not publicly expressed.

As they are both sitting in a jail cell tonight I can't agree.

Religion is only the excuse , 99.99999999% of Muslims didn't burn their daughter last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Pedro K wrote: »
    I for one amen't surprised that it's happened in an islamic community.

Nowhere in the article does it specify the perpetrators religion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

ORLY? ORLY? ORLY?

No but because they have a widespread religion which they use to justify this sort of thing.

There is NOTHING WHATSOEVER in Islam to justify this. In fact if you (or they had) read the Qur'an you find that they will be punished severly by God for doing this. Please educate yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Sanjuro wrote: »
    You find a story that portrays Muslims, or in fact, anyone who's got controversy surrounding them in a positive light, and I guarantee you, none of the news outlets will cover it.

You mean like this one.. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8455897.stm :confused: Yup it was fairly well covered. How's that 'guarantee' looking?

jhegarty wrote: »
    As they are both sitting in a jail cell tonight I can't agree.

Religion is only the excuse , 99.99999999% of Muslims didn't burn their daughter last night.

But a form of that religion created an environment where this act was a possibility.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Of course they do. But the news is wildly disproportionate. Nothing sells like outrage, and that's all the news wants to peddle. You find a story that portrays Muslims, or in fact, anyone who's got controversy surrounding them in a positive light, and I guarantee you, none of the news outlets will cover it.
    Obviously they do, hence the father and grandfather have been arrested.

I'm just wondering why some Ayatollah or something doesnt come out and condemn this type of act, just baffles me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭Riddle101

It's sickening but at least the father and grandfather have been arrested, rather then allowing them to go free, like some other countries have done in the Middle East. Wasn't there a case two weeks ago where a woman got raped and was actually arrested instead, while the rapist get's to go free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

There is NOTHING WHATSOEVER in Islam to justify this. In fact if you (or they had) read the Qur'an you find that they will be punished severly by God for doing this. Please educate yourself.

Yeah but man you're obviously going to say that because you don't want us finding out about the other secret qur'an that tells how you guys plan to bury all our daughters next. Sly one.

• Advertisement

But a form of that religion created an environment where this act was a possibility.

What?!! Are you serious? How did Islam create this? Murdering any innocent person is a serious crime.

Advertisement