Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 109 Predictions + Live Thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

mailburner wrote: »
    thanks
    had no idea
    all to suit the yanks...
    thatll be 3pm here so i guess
    Perfect!

Nope, 3am

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

scudzilla wrote: »
    Nope, 3am
    Yikes!
    im sayin no more
    cant even count back the hours right
    thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

mailburner wrote: »
    Yikes!
    im sayin no more
    cant even count back the hours right
    thanks again

The Sydney card will be no different tv scheduling wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    The Sydney card will be no different tv scheduling wise.

Apart from it starting at 2pm local (Sydney) time, so will be the normal 3am start for us here

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

what happened to Nate the great? Hes one of my favourite fighters and I was disappointed. He used his elbows well on his back mind you but he needs to learn to work of his back better but i guess its easy saying that when you dont have someone as strong on top of you!

the bjj guy making his debut at the start was brilliant, the fight against guillard which I think should of swung the other way, hes one to watch out for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

Got the Paulo Thiago one vvery wrong, he's a real contender now and swick is back at the middle of the pile. The marquardt v sonnen fight was brilliant, sonnen is one to watch now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Very disappointed with that gracie fella they showed at the end of the show. Looked very poor with zero cardio or striking and I am surprised that the gracies would take a chance putting him in before he was ready.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Very disappointed with that gracie fella they showed at the end of the show. Looked very poor with zero cardio or striking and I am surprised that the gracies would take a chance putting him in before he was ready.

Im not given the exploits of the current generation of Gracies. They are more interested in open a Gracie gym franchise and earning $$$ than devoting themselves to competitive MMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

sonic.trip wrote: »
    Got the Paulo Thiago one vvery wrong, he's a real contender now and swick is back at the middle of the pile. The marquardt v sonnen fight was brilliant, sonnen is one to watch now too.

I feel bad for nate myself
    So near to another title shot but now so far.
    I think he would have given silva a much better
    fight than sonnen if it ever happened.
    can you imagine sonnens face if he went the
    distance with silva given how badly he was
    cut there?
    I think you wouldnt recognise him tho it would probably
    be stopped for a cut.
    On the other hand theres no quit in that guy whatsoever
    and altho im not a fan of sonnen i do admire his mental
    strength and never say die attitude.
    I never thought in a million years that nate would let
    me down for my fivefold either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

I think a wrestler has the best chance of beating Anderson.

He's got good submissions and good striking so I think the guy to take him will have good GNP.

IMO.

• Advertisement

From Dave Meltzer:
    Mark Coleman was cut by UFC, becoming the first UFC fighter cut within days of headlining a show. My impression is it was a decision that nobody was happy about making, but that everyone also realized was unavoidable.

--There is a story on Coleman being cut at http://ugo.com/tv/here-today-gone-tomorrow-ufc-headliner-cut-from-his-con tract

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Ya a first in UFC history, Coleman getting cut. In all fairness it's for his own protection, he just doesn't have it and he made Randy look even better than he is. I mean, come on a rear naked choke!!!

Trigg seems to be out as well

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=news.detail&gid=217078

Thiago looks really good and Sonnen generally too. Other than that it was disappointing overall. Hopefully Thiago gets better. Wouldn't mind seeing him and GSP in the cage.

Tito was just a clown as usual. He said that Coleman's manager said some crap, blah blah blah, who cares? Not going to happen anyway.

Roll on 110.

A lot of people are expecting Strikeforce to sign Coleman to feed to Lashley on CBS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

rovert wrote: »
    A lot of people are expecting Strikeforce to sign Coleman to feed to Lashley on CBS.

After strikeforces last card i would think they would be wanting to move away from mickey mouse fights

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ya a first in UFC history, Coleman getting cut. In all fairness it's for his own protection, he just doesn't have it and he made Randy look even better than he is. I mean, come on a rear naked choke!!!

Trigg seems to be out as well

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=news.detail&gid=217078

Thiago looks really good and Sonnen generally too. Other than that it was disappointing overall. Hopefully Thiago gets better. Wouldn't mind seeing him and GSP in the cage.

Tito was just a clown as usual. He said that Coleman's manager said some crap, blah blah blah, who cares? Not going to happen anyway.

Roll on 110.
    That article also confirms Hague and Nover are gone too

Davei141 wrote: »
    After strikeforces last card i would think they would be wanting to move away from mickey mouse fights

Their matchmaking has always for the most part been about protecting dudes by varying degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

i caught the repeat of this. it was OK. thiago looked good. did he get sub of the night? i was impressed with sonnen too, but he doesnt seem to have the knock-out power required. he should really have destroyed marquardt

Advertisement