Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 109 Predictions + Live Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

What's with all the spoilers? The thread title says 109 live thread so i don't really see the need, if someone doesn't wanna see the results but comes in here then they've only themselves to blame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

delighted for serra. that should be the last we see of Trigg i reckon ....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Miller doing well to avoid those take downs. And that looked rather painful when Miller got hit in his.... you know what's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

What was Miller's game plan? He didn't seem to do anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

That_Guy wrote: »
    Serra wins by knockout. Caught Trigg on the jaw. Powerful punches.

yeah. no doubt he was knocked out.

Maia fight boring, nothing much happened. Cancelled each other out. Maia back with a win after that stunning Marqurt KO

Think the Swick/thaigo fight could be a cracker, fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭dicey1664

scudzilla wrote: »
    What's with all the spoilers? The thread title says 109 live thread so i don't really see the need, if someone doesn't wanna see the results but comes in here then they've only themselves to blame
    totally agree, dont think theres any need at all

Here's the Miller video Joe Rogan was talking about. It really looks like he's snapped his neck :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Chune!

Awesome struggle of a fight there, this card so needed that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Great fight. C'mon Chael, win me some money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

that was a great fight, sonnen was a worthy winner

Enough with the spoiler tags plse

Thought Nate was going to steal it with that late guillotine. I noticed the elbow that cut Chael when it first happened as it made a vicious sound you couldn't hear on the replays.
    Tempted to go to bed now, this OAP fight is gonna be a snooze-fest.

AGE IN A CAGE!

really suprised thought Nate would have won it easy enough:confused: come on randy:D

A part of me dies whenever I see Coleman struggle to climb the steps in the Octagon these days.

Coleman is following an oddly familar pattern here

That fight was stupid.
    I wonder if Rogan and Goldberg were told to talk all the ****e they were. Randy's striking never looked better? Cause he was whaling on someone who didn't know what he was doing.

Seifer wrote: »
    That fight was stupid.
    I wonder if Rogan and Goldberg were told to talk all the ****e they were. Randy's striking never looked better? Cause he was whaling on someone who didn't know what he was doing.

His striking was pretty crisp in fairness regardless whether Coleman wasnt defending it.

Yay a Pro Wrestling angle there

randy was always going to get the job done,coleman is really really starting 2 show his age,should probably call it quits, what the fcuk is tito at

• Advertisement

dicey1664 wrote: »
    randy was always going to get the job done,coleman is really really starting 2 show his age,should probably call it quits, what the fcuk is tito at

Building up to what UFC 106 was meant to be originally Tito-Coleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What's next for Randy??? Will he just be stuck in limbo now or do you think he's got a shot at Valesquez or Carwin (assuming they both lose to Nog and Mir)

Off topic (sorry), i'm mad to watch ufc 110 live, will be working that night, does anyone know if i can watch the fights live (or almost live) on any sites without having to order it? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

sheehy83 wrote: »
    What's next for Randy??? Will he just be stuck in limbo now or do you think he's got a shot at Valesquez or Carwin (assuming they both lose to Nog and Mir)

After dropping to 205 for his last 2 fights I doubt he'll go back to heavyweight were he realistically isn't too close to a title fight after 2 defeats in his last 2 fights at the weight

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks Dev, my brain is fried! I just figured they were fighting in HW. Interesting to see so who Randy can take next in the LHW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

rovert wrote: »
    A part of me dies whenever I see Coleman struggle to climb the steps in the Octagon these days.

Yeah, he really didn't belong there. I hate to see legends go this way in the sport. Reminded me of how I felt when Buzz Berry Ko'ed Ken Shamrock. (of course its no shame to get beat by Randy but it looked a total mismatch).
    Dan Severn has continued to compete, but he competes at an appropriate level and knows his limitations.

I'm sure someone will come in with the usual " heart of a fighter... better to have tried and failed..."etc etc crap, But IMO there was never going to be any other outcome to this fight and oleman cannot compete at this level anymore:(

Coleman probably fought his last fight as per Dana

Dana doenst seem to be a fan of Tito-Coleman at all.

One idea I think would be interesting Kimbo-Coleman on a Fight Night special.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Off topic (sorry), i'm mad to watch ufc 110 live, will be working that night, does anyone know if i can watch the fights live (or almost live) on any sites without having to order it? Thanks

Graboid.com
    I just watched 109 and it was perfect. Youll have to wait till the following afternoon till its put up but well worth it.
    Costs I think €3 a month for 10GB, you can get any movie you want too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

the link posted here might work or maybe
    justintv or myp2p.eu tho neither can be
    that reliable at times

On the other hand you wont have to worry about working
    that night as the ufc is in sydney so assuming the first fight
    kicks off there at 8pm then that would mean you could watch
    it here at 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

mailburner wrote: »
    the link posted here might work or maybe
    justintv or myp2p.eu tho neither can be
    that reliable at times

On the other hand you wont have to worry about working
    that night as the ufc is in sydney so assuming the first fight
    kicks off there at 8pm then that would mean you could watch
    it here at 9am

Not happenin, The Sydney card is starting at 2pm Sydney Time so it'll be live PPV at 8pm in the states

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

scudzilla wrote: »
    Not happenin, The Sydney card is starting at 2pm Sydney Time so it'll be live PPV at 8pm in the states
    thanks
    had no idea
    all to suit the yanks...
    thatll be 3pm here so i guess
    Perfect!

Advertisement