Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humanitas Tournament Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Fewcifur wrote: »
    You and your Tower of Babel... none of those plans even worked!

Did his plan not blind Green Lantern? Did his plan not end up making Supes look like a prun? Did his plan not render Aquaman a blubbering wreck inside a tube? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Yeah but none of them were actually killed by his methods... they all pulled through eventually. That's like saying Bane was a genius for breaking Bat's back.

Yeah but the key thing is that his plans actually incapacitated them. If it was Bats who was implementing the plan, he would have had his way with them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

To be honest everyone of those plans would have ultimately led to the death of each target. The only reason they failed is because they league came together and helped each other. Batman designed the plans in event of a rogue member.

Some of them were a bit over the top, a batarang to the face would have worked more effectively in most cases.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Some of them were a bit over the top, a batarang to the face would have worked more effectively in most cases.
    Who would that have worked well against exactly?

Who would that have worked well against exactly?

Pretty much all of them. They'd be all like "Bats you be one jiiiiive turkey!" and then he'd be all "batarang in yo face suckah!" and they'd all be caught out by it and their endeth the tale.

Except Flash could dodge it, Superman would eat it, and Martian Manhunter could phase through it.

Except Flash could dodge it, Superman would eat it, and Martian Manhunter could phase through it.

Yeah yeah, and Aquaman is immune to bullets, Wonderwoman would probably be grand and deflect it, Plastic man would just absorb it or turn into some anti-batarang device, green lantern's shield yoke would most likely protect him... BUT... I think on a psychological level they would all be defeated and give up.

Batman's greatest strength has always been his ability to prepare for any eventuality.

• Advertisement

Batman's greatest strength has always been his ability to prepare for any eventuality.

Exactly!

Thus the reason Hush was able to mess with him so effectively.

Thus the reason Hush was able to mess with him so effectively.

Now you've lost me.

hush studied his tatcics and managed to coerce Batman's allies into helping him sabotage Bats' equipment.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    *waves Tower of Babel in Rhyme's face* :p

hawt.

if I knew what Tower of Babel was, I could go beyond innuendo, but for now... that's all I've got.

Thanks for the compliment. :p

hush studied his tatcics and managed to coerce Batman's allies into helping him sabotage Bats' equipment.

But wasn't it really the Riddler behind all of such madness? Honestly my Batman knowledge is lacking, I'm a Marvel boy at the best of times, I just wiki like a fiend... and make a list of graphic novels to buy :)

Riddler got played and then bribed Joker for protection.

Riddler got played and then bribed Joker for protection.

This is the last time I'll base my information on Wikipedia! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The Kick-Ass crew?

might use them in my RPG... WHICH I am still taking character nominations for.

The storyline is ready (complete with multiple paths based on decisions made in game). The power up/abilities/wargear is pretty much ready. I just need a roster.

Need moar nominations!

I think I'll name it:
    heroquest.jpg

• Advertisement

HeroQuest! YES! What a great game! Must say I never got into all the Warhammer lark, but Hero Quest and Space Crusade (the dumbed down versions...) were great fun!

This Hero Quest will have guns too! :D

Galvasean wrote: »
    This Hero Quest will have guns too! :D

So basically Space Crusade?

Never played space crusade so not sure.... A quick google suggests its an early version of Wh40k...
    Um, its gonna have an amalgamation of characters from all over the shop, sci-fi and fantasy, films, comics etc.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Never played space crusade so not sure.... A quick google suggests its an early version of Wh40k...
    Um, its gonna have an amalgamation of characters from all over the shop, sci-fi and fantasy, films, comics etc.

Space Crusade was to Wh40K what Hero Quest was to Wh, I think. Simplified versions designed to hook kids and move them onto the money pit that is a Warhammer addiction. :)

Space Crusade was to Wh40K what Hero Quest was to Wh, I think. Simplified versions designed to hook kids and move them onto the money pit that is a Warhammer addiction. :)

Just like heroin.

Rhyme wrote: »
    Just like heroin.

Free lollypop

Free lollypop

Thanks.

Crack lollipop.

Rhyme wrote: »
    Thanks.

Crack lollipop.

But of course

• Advertisement

They had to take the liquid polystyrene cement off the market because kids kept sniffing it. Pity, as it was some seriously good glue. Little tossers.

Oh yeah, I wont be starting til mid May (since Ill be away for about a week at the start of May).
    I'm still taking character nominations BTW.

Advertisement