Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Hi folks
    Weird one this probably a really simple solution.

Upgraded to Vix 2.3 latest build - all working fine and box is fully networked (via Ethernet) and communicating to the web - has an IP addy through DHCP.

However I can't connect to it on my LAN. i.e can't open web browser, connect via dreamdroid etc. I can ping the IP addy ok and gateway setting etc look fine on the network settings menu. I can ftp into it fine.

Any ideas/suggestions? Guessing it's nothing to do with my router/LAN as it was working perfect on 2.2

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

Funkyzeit. See my post#2259 a couple of pages back. The new rls. of VIX does not have Samba or NFS enabled by default. After I enabled them and rebooted, everything worked as before. Regarding Dreamdroid - check that WebIF is enabled and that the default port hasn't changed.

SalteeDog wrote: »
    Funkyzeit. See my post#2259 a couple of pages back. The new rls. of VIX does not have Samba or NFS enabled by default. After I enabled them and rebooted, everything worked as before. Regarding Dreamdroid - check that WebIF is enabled and that the default port hasn't changed.

Will give that a bash later - thxs a mill Saltee....

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SucCes09

Mtv audio problem - but not the "normal" one... Mtvs first 5 stations the audio is the same. typically pressing the audio button and selecting option 4 - English Will fix this, but....
    when i do this and go back to the station, it has reset it back to the initial audio setting. recently upgraded to latest vix image, removed and reinstated channels, but no positive results. any ideas????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

SucCes09 wrote: »
    Mtv audio problem - but not the "normal" one... Mtvs first 5 stations the audio is the same. typically pressing the audio button and selecting option 4 - English Will fix this, but....
    when i do this and go back to the station, it has reset it back to the initial audio setting. recently upgraded to latest vix image, removed and reinstated channels, but no positive results. any ideas????

Menu/Setup/System/Auto Language Selection/ and select English as Audio Language selection1. Select origional as Audio Language selection 2. and prefer ac3 =yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 ripblade2

Hi all me again, just looking for a bit of advice,
    I want to upgrade to the latest black hole image (multiverse) I did the personal back up thing, it back up files I didn't pick would you say its safe to upgrade now and not lose ##### Line?
    Or do I have to select a particular folder!
    Thanks hope this not off topic.

No joy with that. Still unable to connect to IP addy using web browser/dreamdroid on the same network.

Any other ideas folks? I'm using DHCP and my name server is my router's addy. Assume that's correct?

EDIT: Got it. http port is defaulting to 08088 on openwebif config.

when you enter the IP address on your browser are you also including the port?

eg.. 192.168.1.30:80

(Apologies for asking the obvious)..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Just upgraded VIX. I'm sure this has been asked before but how do I reinstall my Nova T USB stick. Where is the driver for it?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

dnme wrote: »
    Just upgraded VIX. I'm sure this has been asked before but how do I reinstall my Nova T USB stick. Where is the driver for it?

Many thanks

It's one of the drivers in plugins. I think it's the one that mentions "700" (or something like that). You need to do a full reboot after installing.

• Advertisement

It's one of the drivers in plugins. I think it's the one that mentions "700" (or something like that). You need to do a full reboot after installing.

I found it after in
    Menu - Plugins - Download Plugins - Drivers - dvb-usb-dib0700

when you enter the IP address on your browser are you also including the port?

eg.. 192.168.1.30:80

(Apologies for asking the obvious)..

Yip. So in my case it was IPADDY:08088

If I just entered the IP addy I couldn't get access (presumably as it was defaulting to a std :80)

givecredit wrote: »
    Menu/Setup/System/Auto Language Selection/ and select English as Audio Language selection1. Select origional as Audio Language selection 2. and prefer ac3 =yes.

thanks for the response on this one - however...
    I only get as far as Menu\Setyp\System - I've no menu option "Auto Language Selection....

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 johnnystork

Hi All,

Sorry for asking whats probably been asked before. I just got a Vu+ Duo box at the weekend. It's setup with Blackhole 1.7.0 with c***m installed. I have a couple of questions, If I upgrade to 1.7.5 will all my channel lists etc be lost or do I just make a back up then upgrade and restore my backup?

Secondly, is VIX better than blackhole or is there not really much difference?

@Success09 - which software are you running and what version?

@JohnnyStory: - your channellist will probably be unaffected but in any case you should use something like DreamEdit to manage them - and save them offline.

Re. VIX vs. Blackhole : Personally I use VIX but that's mostly because I found the remote control button mappings on Blackhole infuriating (and EPG setup was more complex). Both are impressive images which are quite stable - before you get settled with your Vu+ and load up many plugins, you should try both and see which you prefer.

Finally..in case you dont yet know..absolutely ensure you use a USB Flashdrive for storing the EPG... otherwise you are entering a World of Pain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 johnnystork

Thanks SalteeDog, I only had a quick search but is Dream edit a windows program for backing up the epg? I just connect to my box and it will then save it to my hdd?

How do I store my epg on usb drive? I assume you mean keep one in the back of the Vu+ duo box the whole time? but how do I set it to store epg to usb?

What about the cc**m being deleted when a new image is installed?

Cheers.

Dreamedit is a windows program that allows you to manage your channel lists from your PC. There are others which I haven't tried but that the one I use.

Re. the USB drive - yes you should keep one plugged into the VU+ at all times. Ideally, format it (Ext3 I think) from the box itself and make sure it's mounted. I'm not 100% sure of the menu paths but in something like system settings/epg/config you need to set the epg.dat path to your mounted usb drive.

I cannot speak about CC**M as I do not use it.

@Success09 - which software are you running and what version?

Sorry - should have said - I'm using VIX version 2.2.100.
    I had the problem with an older version, and thought that upgrading to this version might resolve the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Hello long time lurker on this thread but did anyone see the new Duo 2

2d7ge28.jpg

PDF of the new specs

looks nice might be selling the Duo when this baby arrives :cool:

oh here's a pic of the solo

attachment.php?attachmentid=17436&stc=1&thumb=0&d=1339537957

Sorry - should have said - I'm using VIX version 2.2.100.
    I had the problem with an older version, and thought that upgrading to this version might resolve the problem.

Why not upgrade to latest version 2.4? I understand 2.3 was a significant revision on 2.2. and that 2.4 is a further improvement.

• Advertisement

Sorry - I do have 2.4 on (and it is working very well from a stability perspective...)

One other "oddity" about my box, is that "plugins" are missing from the main menu...

from Open Webif:

Kernel version:

Firmware version:

Gui version:

May 13 2012

@Success

When you upgraded your image did you select to restore plugins?

If you did, then you shouldn't have.

You need to add the plugins again manually.

thanks again SalteeDog
    Any pointers to how to do this? searching for anythign with "plugins" on the interweb throws up a hell of a lot of cr*p...

thanks again SalteeDog
    Any pointers to how to do this? searching for anythign with "plugins" on the interweb throws up a hell of a lot of cr*p...

Try the 'long blue button press' - i.e. hold the blue button down for a few seconds.

I was able to do that, and it displayed 5 plugins
    However, when i tried to select a plugin to download, it responds
    "Feeds are down for maintenance" is the response

Ah yes, I got that too just after I upgraded.

I cant quite recall how I got past that but check your network settings - your default gateway should be the router address. Set the nameserver to be that address also. Then from the box - restart the network.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

kingtiger wrote: »
    Hello long time lurker on this thread but did anyone see the new Duo 2

2d7ge28.jpg

PDF of the new specs

looks nice might be selling the Duo when this baby arrives :cool:

oh here's a pic of the solo

attachment.php?attachmentid=17436&stc=1&thumb=0&d=1339537957
    Looks nice, though I hope support for the Duo doesn't end too soon, as I am unlikely to afford a replacement just yet!

I think Duo2 deserves a thread of its own to avoid confusion and to keep abreast easier of the Duo2 details as they arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

wow that looks sweet, am very close to purchasing the ultimo, but it is overkill for my needs,.....might hold out for this puppy

**runs to world of satellite for all the juice**

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me, with latest VIX, is it possible to create swap file on a USB stick?

I have a 1GB HDD installed, and I have a 16GB USB stick installed. They are both visible in mounts. I have the epg set to use USB and recordings go to the HDD. But under Vix - Swap File Manager, if I choose 'Create', only the HDD is available. Is this be design or can I do something to get the USB available here?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement