Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Irish Muslim Response to MPAC.IE

Options
  • 31-01-2010 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

An Irish Muslim Response to “MPAC.IE”

Commentators have asked why more Muslims in Ireland haven’t spoken up against the disturbing and repugnant views expressed by MPAC.IE such as the stoning of women, killing of “witches” and homosexuals, prohibition on friendships with non-Muslim and condoning of slavery to list the most prominent outrages. Muslims in Ireland whom I have talked to are almost uniformly horrified by this website but also recognize its views represent those of an insignificant radical minority.

An earlier incarnation of this personal blog masquerading as an advocacy group was the so called “Gorey Muslim Community” that misappropriated a grander name to give the false impression of importance, that site has since disappeared. One might have thought that the Muslim community in Gorey had emigrated en masse but the truth is that after the Hijab controversy it was time for a promotion and to move on to a national stage with the “Muslim Public Affairs Committee” yet another hijacking of grandiose titles that gave an illusion of false importance, the “organization” is neither a committee nor does it speak for the Muslim community in Ireland.

Seeking controversy and lusting for media attention has led to one or two wayward individuals to join the sorry affair but that is the extant of it in Ireland, individuals in the UK often lend their support and this fraud is to perpetuate the illusion of importance and greater representation in this country. Fanaticism and controversy feeds the whole enterprise and for this reason the Muslims whom I have talked to see no point in providing it with the oxygen it thrives on and craves for which is attention.

MPACI.E is a propagandist Wahhabi “organization” and the danger it poses is in fermenting hatred and imagined grievances that might inspire the next generation of would be fanatics. But it is those who wait quietly in the shadows and infiltrate institutions such as mosques and youth clubs that pose the real danger and whom we need to confront and challenge as soon as they appear.

We in the Irish Muslim community have on the whole felt part and parcel of the wider Irish society for decades; this is the country where many of us emigrated to in pursuit of a better life and opportunities; or fleeing persecution, and freedom from religious, ethnic or political discrimination. It is a country that we in turn have contributed thousands of health professionals to, researchers academics and entrepreneurs and even a T.D. The majority of us are grateful for the opportunities afforded to us by this nation and not only do we respect the ideals of the democracy that we live in but also cherish them.

The likes of those running MPACIE need to be isolated and deprived of a platform in which to spread this madness whenever possible, debating them is like banging your head against the proverbial wall, at this stage of indoctrination only they can climb out of this behavioural and mental pit. Our efforts need to be concentrated on those vulnerable: the youth, the disaffected and the isolated who might fall into the same pit by the sirens’ call of extremists.

I speak for a substantial number of Muslims who share my sentiment and I hope this will clear the issue of the perceived silence of the Muslim majority whom by the nature of moderation lead varied lives free from the obsessions of these fanatic and cannot devote all their time to the ratings of fundamentalists in the periphery of the Irish Muslim community. The realty though is that when the occasion calls for it we must let our voices be heard and drown out it these extremists and I am confident that we will rise to that challenge.

Edited from:
    antimpacie.wordpress.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Well said, FriarMo!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭EireMuzzie

I asked some prominent imams in the Dublin area about this post, and the author's attempt to smear MPAC.ie as extremist. On the issue of stoning, killing witches, hijab etc - all the imams said, 'which Muslim does not believe this?' Is the author suggesting that these are not Islamic practices and if so does he have evidence for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

EireMuzzie wrote: »
    I asked some prominent imams in the Dublin area about this post, and the author's attempt to smear MPAC.ie as extremist. On the issue of stoning, killing witches, hijab etc - all the imams said, 'which Muslim does not believe this?' Is the author suggesting that these are not Islamic practices and if so does he have evidence for this?

Hmm. New poster alleges that unamed "prominent imans" agree with mpac.ie about, for example, witch killings. The same imans that the head of MPAC.ie constantly rails against on his web site.

EDIT: Here's Liam on mpac.ie only yesterday commenting about Ireland's imams:

http://mpac.ie/2010/02/02/pope-attacks-new-equality-laws/
    The current ‘leadership? [in Ireland] No, I’m sorry Sawsen, I have seen nothing positive in them. In 50yrs they have done little to advance the cause of Islam.

Worst troll ever.

P.

oceanclub wrote: »
    Hmm. New poster alleges that unamed "prominent imans" agree with mpac.ie about, for example, witch killings. The same imans that the head of MPAC.ie constantly rails against on his web site.

Worst troll ever.

P.

Yep, it would be really wise to name the imams considering the response...anyway, you are at liberty to call any of the main mosques and check for yourself. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that such teachings are part and parcel of the hudood, and no one rejects them except the murtad.

Kind regards

E

But please, be my guest and call.

Could he also answer the questions that he left hanging on the MPAC.ie site:

1. Does he believe that Islam is the ONLY acceptable religion before Allah?
    2. Does he believe that all who reject Islam and die in that state are bound for the hellfire?
    3. Does he believe that Islam will subdue all others and that the world will submit to Islam?

His refusal to answer speaks volumes.

• Advertisement

2. Does he believe that all who reject Islam and die in that state are bound for the hellfire?
    3. Does he believe that Islam will subdue all others and that the world will submit to Islam?

Hi Liam - I guess this is another of your many aliases.

Do you believe that hateful provocations like this can lead to goodwill between Muslims and non-Muslims?

P.

'hateful provocations' deary me - ask yourself why he won't answer.

Kabour has demonstrated where his alliances lay, I guess truthful responses to the above would cast aspersions on his liberal tendencies and associates.

I'm not Liam - sorry to burst your bubble ;)

'hateful provocations' deary me - ask yourself why he won't answer.

Considering you're making veiled threats to report him to the Saudi authorities (I'm aware that MPAC has links to them here), threats that are against the boards.ie charter, it's hardly surprising.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 FriarMo

Egan, you deleted my posts after they were published and blocked me from the mpac.ie website. After a crony of yours accused me of “Kufr” or being an apostate you referred me for a "fatwa". Furthermore you have a “Ghamidi” carry out a line of questioning used by the Saudi internal security services (Maba'hith) on political dissidents and you repeat one of those questions in your last post.

MPACIE Stifling the Voices of Irish Muslims With Extremism

You now expect me to answer any of your questions?!?!

I am not an idiot and your attempts at entrapping me are not only immoral but also criminal.

Aiding a regime in human rights violations is an offence and if I am detained in Saudi I will be sure to have legal criminal proceedings taken against you.

I will stand up against your attempts to spread your hateful and extremist message in Ireland as will many others in the Irish Muslim community. Do not expect me to have a discourse again with someone who has used the intimidation tactics of thugs and the Mafia.

Seriously, Liam - who do you think articles like this help, which essentially claim that based on scripture, Muslims should be rude to Christians and Jews, and that simple politeness is actually "humiliation"?

http://mpac.ie/2010/01/31/to-whom-will-you-humiliate-yourself-omuslim/

• Advertisement

FriarMo wrote: »
    Egan, you deleted my posts after they were published and blocked me from the mpac.ie website. After a crony of yours accused me of “Kufr” or being an apostate you referred me for a "fatwa". Furthermore you have a “Ghamidi” carry out a line of questioning used by the Saudi internal security services (Maba'hith) on political dissidents and you repeat one of those questions in your last post.

MPACIE Stifling the Voices of Irish Muslims With Extremism

You now expect me to answer any of your questions?!?!

I am not an idiot and your attempts at entrapping me are not only immoral but also criminal.

Aiding a regime in human rights violations is an offence and if I am detained in Saudi I will be sure to have legal criminal proceedings taken against you.

I will stand up against your attempts to spread your hateful and extremist message in Ireland as will many others in the Irish Muslim community. Do not expect me to have a discourse again with someone who has used the intimidation tactics of thugs and the Mafia.
    They are very basic questions, and your stalling is laughable.

You either do or do not accept the premise that Islam is the ONLY religion acceptable to Allah - why won't you answer that?

I'll repeat the questions again:

Mr Muhammad Kaboor aka Friar Mo claims to be an 'Irish' Muslim. As he is a Saudi national, has he informed his government that he has rescinded nationality as it is not permissible for a Saudi national to hold dual nationality?

That huge throng of followers you have :D will no doubt want to see some response other than the whining above.

Seriously, Liam - who do you think articles like this help, which essentially claim that based on scripture, Muslims should be rude to Christians and Jews, and that simple politeness is actually "humiliation"?

http://mpac.ie/2010/01/31/to-whom-will-you-humiliate-yourself-omuslim/

Interesting article - I take it you'll move out of the way then as a sign of your politeness - problem solved!

Interesting article

I take it you're not familar with the saying "self praise is no praise".
    - I take it you'll move out of the way then as a sign of your politeness - problem solved!

So just to be clear, you think that it is up to non-Muslims to show politeness to Muslims, but Muslims shouldn't reciprocate as its a sign of "humiliation"?

P.

I take it you're not familar with the saying "self praise is no praise".

So just to be clear, you think that it is up to non-Muslims to show politeness to Muslims, but Muslims shouldn't reciprocate as its a sign of "humiliation"?

P.
    I was warned this would happen...funny how you and Friar Mo come on at the same time.

Anyway - I certainly think Muslims should be polite of course.

Anyway - I certainly think Muslims should be polite of course.

So then you don't agree with the linked article.

Splitter!

tumblr_kstk4cglje1qza3fyo1_500.jpg

P.

So then you don't agree with the linked article.

Splitter!

tumblr_kstk4cglje1qza3fyo1_500.jpg

P.
    Do you think being polite equates to humiliation?

Do you think being polite equates to humiliation?

Erm, no. My argument is that is what Liam appears to think. His article was the first to use the word "humiliation", not me.

You said the article was "interesting", so I had assumed from that that you actually read it.

P.

Erm, no. My argument is that is what Liam appears to think. His article was the first to use the word "humiliation", not me.

You said the article was "interesting", so I had assumed from that that you actually read it.

P.
    So you agree then, a Muslim can be polite without the need to humiliate himself.

Now enough of me answering questions - let's enjoy Kabour twisting himself in knots. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I asked some prominent imams in the Dublin area about this post, ....

What ones?
    That huge throng of followers you have biggrin.gif will no doubt want to see some response other than the whining above. ....

I was unaware that veracity was determined by the number of "followers" one might have. Which is good news for Liam Egan, amongst others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Could everyone please remain civil in this thread and keep away from personal digs

The saying "Attack the post not the poster" has been around a long time here for a reason

Any more personal digs will be met with bans as I want to keep this thread open and not be forced to close it

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    I was unaware that veracity was determined by the number of "followers" one might have. Which is good news for Liam Egan, amongst others.

Just to note that the mpac.ie forum has a grand total of 15 members, many of whom joined the forum to oppose the attitude of its leaders:

http://mpac.ie/forum/
    There are 15 Members

There have been 7 Guests

Administrators: Admin (35 Posts), Mujaahid (19 Posts), eoin.p.whelan (10 Posts)

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I asked some prominent imams in the Dublin area about this post, and the author's attempt to smear MPAC.ie as extremist.

Charter clearly states that any claims made should be backed up with a source (even if that source is flawed). So please do not post again until you have done this, or retracted your earlier claim. Thanks.

Hobbes wrote: »
    Charter clearly states that any claims made should be backed up with a source (even if that source is flawed). So please do not post again until you have done this, or retracted your earlier claim. Thanks.
    I am unable to verify a phone call hence my encouragement for people to call themselves as evidence.

But as you are inclined toward veracity, could you please ask the thread initiator to substantiate his claims, in the interests of fairness and all.

So to begin:
    An Irish Muslim Response to “MPAC.IE”
    The opening title makes the claim that the individual who wrote it is Irish. But it is also transpires that said individual is a Saudi national. The Saudi government do not permit dual nationality, so the claim to be an 'Irish Muslim' could only be made by rescinding Saudi nationality. Can Kabour verify this claim according to the charter?
    Muslims in Ireland whom I have talked to are almost uniformly
    Who are these Muslims, back up the claim please.
    Seeking controversy and lusting for media attention has led to one or two wayward individuals to join
    Can Kabour substantiate this claim regarding the intention of those who joined MPAC.ie?
    MPACI.E is a propagandist Wahhabi “organization”
    a serious claim, which on Kabour's website refers to Liam Egan as a 'Wahhabi Goebbals'. Can Mr Kabour demonstrate where MPAC.ie have deviated from mainstream Sunni views?
    not only do we respect the ideals of the democracy that we live in but also cherish them.
    Who are 'we' and can this claim be substantiated according to the charter?
    I speak for a substantial number of Muslims who share my sentiment
    Yet another unsubstantiad claim that the moderators chose to ignore.
    these fanatic and cannot devote all their time to the ratings of fundamentalists in the periphery of the Irish Muslim community
    serious claims but obviously not of concern to the moderators - why?
    these extremists
    again, silence on the part of moderators - why?

I understand that Kaboor's ideology might well tally with the non-Muslim view, but the charter is supposedly impartial so I trust you'll equally hold him accountable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I am unable to verify a phone call hence my encouragement for people to call themselves as evidence.

And you expect him to be able to do any different?
    But as you are inclined toward veracity, could you please ask the thread initiator to substantiate his claims, in the interests of fairness and all.

The thread starter is hereby asked to verify his claims
    Yet another unsubstantiad claim that the moderators chose to ignore.
    serious claims but obviously not of concern to the moderators - why?
    again, silence on the part of moderators - why?

I understand that Kaboor's ideology might well tally with the non-Muslim view, but the charter is supposedly impartial so I trust you'll equally hold him accountable.

Now here we have a problem because you went from questioning the OP to having a go at the Moderation of this forum, something which is expressly against the charter
    If you have a problem with a post then use the report post button
    If you have a problem with Moderation then PM the Mods, what you definitely don't do is duscuss it on thread

You have already received an infraction so now you are getting a ban for a week

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Recliner got there before me.

I wasn't asking for phone conversations. You could of easily written who and when you rang them. Then people could ring the Iman in question and clarify if they feel the same way or if you were just making it up.

As for the OP, they linked to the source of the comments. Remember it is linking to the source, it is not that source is correct. It is so that people can understand where people who make claims are getting them from.

It's a pity we have to wait a week to hear EireMuzzie's answers to this....

P.

Just to note that the mpac.ie forum has a grand total of 15 members, many of whom joined the forum to oppose the attitude of its leaders:

http://mpac.ie/forum/

Perhaps it's pure coincidence, but since I posted that link yesterday, the MPAC forum has been taken down. The link now takes you to "Page Not Found!", and there's no link to the forum on the main home page.

As I said, I'm sure this is pure coincidence, and suggestions that MPAC are attempting to hide their actual numbers are pure mischief which should not be countenanced.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

Glad I looked at the forum yesterday afternoon, while it was still up.

There are seven followers of the MPAC.ie Twitter page, with 137 tweets between them. :)

hivizman wrote: »
    There are seven followers of the MPAC.ie Twitter page, with 137 tweets between them. :)

That means even a fake Cheryl Cole is 1427 times more popular: http://twitter.com/cherylKerl

P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I don't understand any of this

Advertisement