Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What round will Tebow go in this year's draft?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

MainDude wrote: »
    Al Davis loves players like Tebow, don't count it out.

Sure Al would definately get a bit excited watching Tebow truck linebackers but the pertinent question with Al always is: can he throw the bomb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

themont85 wrote: »
    Sure Al would definately get a bit excited watching Tebow truck linebackers but the pertinent question with Al always is: can he throw the bomb?

Tebow wont be trucking many NFL Linebackers well not as many as he did in college. College LB and NFL LB are a different breed. Could you imagine Tebow trying to truck Ray Lewis? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

He loves guys like Tebow, winners with measurables ([lus he has terrible taste in college QBs: Russell and Ronald Curry and Andrew Walter and that Tuaisosopo guy). He'll probably take him if he goes past the first round, but I don't think he'd be willing to pay Tebow top-10 money. But it's either them, the Pats, or the Jags imo.

lol. Curry was a 7th round pick, Walter a 3rd. Al likes a vertical passing game and a QB who can throw the ball deep, Tebow isn't close to being able to do that. No chance Raiders go 1st or even 2nd round with Tebow.

Tebow will be smashed in two if he tries to truck any LB in the nfl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 MainDude

Not sure how to quote posts yet, but yeah I should have mentioned Todd Marinovich for QBs too, but I always thought if you drafted a quarterback in the top 3 rounds you expected him to start someday (and Walter was considered a serious prospect I think). But I mentioned Curry because he had impressive stats, like Tebow but less-so, in college iirc.

Yeah, I mentioned the Pats, and I agree if they do take him, it'll be to play like a wildcat QB or TE.

Not sure how to quote posts yet, but yeah I should have mentioned Todd Marinovich for QBs too, but I always thought if you drafted a quarterback in the top 3 rounds you expected him to start someday (and Walter was considered a serious prospect I think). But I mentioned Curry because he had impressive stats, like Tebow but less-so, in college iirc.

Yeah, I mentioned the Pats, and I agree if they do take him, it'll be to play like a wildcat QB or TE.

Pats in my eyes will never resort to the Wildcat. If he comes in it will be to eventually replace Tom Brady or play as a TE. BB has had many chance to bring someone in to play the wildcat and hasn't done so and I just dont see him buying into the idea. Now maybe im wrong but Look at Edelmen, He has speed and mobility and could easily have been used in the Wildcat. It makes abosulety no sense to Draft Tebow just for that.

Just to Add Edelmen has a faster 40 time than Pat White. So if the Pats were going to go Wildcat Im sure they would have by now.

• Advertisement

Edelman's playing as a WR, so yeah, I'll have to rescind my Pats comment, because they have Edelman for the wildcat if needs be, and also Stanback. Also, just after checking, Tebow's time is apparently only 4.75, which is a lot slower than I thought it would be. He'll still definitely go ahead of Colt McCoy though, I'd say, more marketability and more versatile. What about the Redskins if they don't draft Jimmy Clausen?

Edelman's playing as a WR, so yeah, I'll have to rescind my Pats comment, because they have Edelman for the wildcat if needs be, and also Stanback. Also, just after checking, Tebow's time is apparently only 4.75, which is a lot slower than I thought it would be. He'll still definitely go ahead of Colt McCoy though, I'd say, more marketability and more versatile. What about the Redskins if they don't draft Jimmy Clausen?

To be honest if he doesn't go round 1 to the Jags he will drop to at least the 2nd and the Jags will most likely hope he drops far enough to them which he still could. The only team with proper vested interest right now are the Jags. No other team are going to Draft him high as a QB in my opinion. With the NFL becoming more and more a Passing league having a quality passer in the pocket is a must. Tebow isn't it although many will argue i.e this thread that he can be. But when team draft high a lot are going to be hoping for an instant result.

Well he'd certainly give them an instant attendance boost :P

Walter damaged his throwing shoulder at the end of his college career which put serious question marks on him. If not he would have probably went first or 2nd round. I'm sure if Tebow is available in the 7th round like Ronald Curry was then yea Al davis might indeed draft him. But as I said, no way he takes him at 8 and even in the second round I'd be shocked if we pick him. As for Tebow switching to TE, not much chance of that either unless he can pack another 50lbs of muscle onto him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Al Davis to draft newborn northwest african cheetah before he drafts Tebow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Drafting people for wildcat is maybe not what actual successful teams are going to do, remember. That was the talk of the draft last year, but it wasn't all that effective this year, and it's not like Pat White set the league on fire.

The teams that have tried it have also kind of shown that having a set-piece running quarterback disrupts the offensive flow and doesn't necessarily pay off, or at least not every time, or enough to warrant a high draft pick to do just that. Proof? Eagles won't have Vick next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Karlusss wrote: »
    Drafting people for wildcat is maybe not what actual successful teams are going to do, remember. That was the talk of the draft last year, but it wasn't all that effective this year, and it's not like Pat White set the league on fire.

The teams that have tried it have also kind of shown that having a set-piece running quarterback disrupts the offensive flow and doesn't necessarily pay off, or at least not every time, or enough to warrant a high draft pick to do just that. Proof? Eagles won't have Vick next season.

Yeah the Wildcat is there if you dont have faith in your QB it seems. The Patriots, Colts, Cards or Saints didnt use the 'cat in their offences last year because they knew it was more beneficial to have their QBs on the field at all times. Teams like the Dolphins use it because Chad Heine is inexperienced and they dont have a receiver that can consistently move the chains so they need to do something different.

One thing about Vick and the Eagles is that he wasnt really brought in to be a wildcat. The Eagles brought him in so as he could get back into the league and begin his process of being a football player. The team was very well set with McNabb and Kolb but saw potential trade value in Vick for this off-season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

So a pretty good combine for Tebow, solid results in all the drills and the feedback is his interviews are being touted by sources as possibly the best ever.

If he goes and unveils a much better NFL style throw at his pro day could the inconcievable happen and somebody takes a punt on him in Rd 1 :eek::eek::eek:

I think its too big a gamble but you gotta give the guy kudos hes doing everything perfectly in regards to trying to get his draft stock up. Ive gone from a position of thinking no way in hell will anybody have a punt on him in Rd1 to giving him a 25% shot of getting picked up in the first round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

D3PO wrote: »
    So a pretty good combine for Tebow, solid results in all the drills and the feedback is his interviews are being touted by sources as possibly the best ever.

If he goes and unveils a much better NFL style throw at his pro day could the inconcievable happen and somebody takes a punt on him in Rd 1 :eek::eek::eek:

I think its too big a gamble but you gotta give the guy kudos hes doing everything perfectly in regards to trying to get his draft stock up. Ive gone from a position of thinking no way in hell will anybody have a punt on him in Rd1 to giving him a 25% shot of getting picked up in the first round.

He did very well in all categories except one...

Ya i agree he wont go in the 1st, its too much money to spend on such a gamble. I'll stand by my vote that he'll go early second.

I could see the Jags trading with the Rams for the 1st pick in the 2nd for Tebow.

The drills are pretty pointless for QB's. The only thing is it might heighten the chance of him switching position to TE but even then it's unlikely he would make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I just spent the last couple of days watching the combine and was very impressed with tebow. Not ony did he show great physical attributes he also showed how driven and how mentally strong he is. Before the combine i thought early third round to a team like the Titans who have a similar-ish QB and might be better suited to Tebows style, but now I'm thinking very late first to very early second.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

now I'm thinking very late first to very early second.

wouldnt be a shock if the Jags traded up in the second round with the rams to take him. Still dont think he goes in Rd1 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭raddo

Not ony did he show great physical attributes he also showed how driven and how mentally strong he is.
    This is why I think he will go in the first round, its seems that whatever he puts his mind to, he can do. Some teams really will like this attribute.
    Ask him to play TE or elsewhere and he will do everything to make sure he is up there with the best at that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

He's stated that he only wants to play QB, but i suppose things can change after a year with no action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

davyjose wrote: »

I think he'll fall to someones 2nd pick, be it late in the first or early in the 2nd. Somewhere like Denver or Jacksonville (again, hope not jax, as I'd have to root against him)

Not bad ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

frostie500 wrote: »
    What about a team like the Broncos taking him. I know it probably seems a slightly off the wall suggestion but Josh McDaniels has shown he can develop QBs and make them work well within his system. Orton and Cassel have been pretty successful in his systems the last two years. The one thing Tebow needs to succeed is for the Offensive Coordinator or the Head Coach to really buy into the fact that he is a viable QB at the next level otherwise he wont succeed in the pros.

Not as exact as you Davy but I'm pretty happy with my prediction from three months ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,754 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Me too.

Advertisement