Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What round will Tebow go in this year's draft?

Options
  • 28-01-2010 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭

Sorry i know there is a thread on Tebow's NFL worthiness already but i wanted to add a poll.

After a terrible week of practice at the senior bowl, it is becoming less and less likely that Tebow will make an impact as a QB in the NFL (not right away anyway). The main weaknesses in his abilty to play QB at the pro level are his slow release and his unfamiliarity under center (from passing under center to performing the play action).

I think he'll be an early 2nd round pick, who certainly wont start as a QB next year in the NFL, but will play in unique situations and would be a long term project to be a starter as a QB.

I know the Jags are interested for purely a marketing standpoint but would they make a 1st round pick based on that?

Where will Tebow go? 49 votes

Round 1, Pick 1-10
    0% 0 votes
    Round 1, Pick 11-20
    16% 8 votes
    Round 1, Pick 21-32
    12% 6 votes
    Round 2, Pick 1-16
    20% 10 votes
    Round 2, Pick 17-32
    36% 18 votes
    Round 3
    6% 3 votes
    Later
    8% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Patriots in the 2nd round. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Patriots in the 2nd round. :D

The Pats are his perfect team: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/01/could_tebow_be.html

Some interesting quotes from this article:
    http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2010/01/28/pros_see_cons/

“He’s a big-time project, no doubt.’’

“He can’t play quarterback in the NFL, I’m convinced of it,’’ ESPN director of college scouting Todd McShay said. “From his delivery to his footwork to his accuracy, you have to absolutely strip him down and build him back up. And it’s too late.’’

Unfortunitly for Tebow he's a Jack of all trades but a master of none, which worked very well at college level but when you just need to be a master of at least one in the NFL, he isn't.

Not fast enough to be a Vick or convert to another position, not big enough to play any other position and probably not a good enough passer to start in the NFL

Hazys wrote: »
    The Pats are his perfect team: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/01/could_tebow_be.html

Some interesting quotes from this article:
    http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2010/01/28/pros_see_cons/

“He’s a big-time project, no doubt.’’

“He can’t play quarterback in the NFL, I’m convinced of it,’’ ESPN director of college scouting Todd McShay said. “From his delivery to his footwork to his accuracy, you have to absolutely strip him down and build him back up. And it’s too late.’’

I don't like Tebow but I do agree that going to a team like the Pats would be more beneficial to him than a team like the Jags. Hence why I said what I said. I said it before in the other thread also.

Not only that while he is learning the basics at QB again the Pats do need a Physical TE because Ben Watson has become hot and cold. Watson will most likely get dumped and picking up Tebow allows you to develop in all areas where his Athletic ability will be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Love if the Patriots got him but he is gonna go in the first round, imo he won't pass Miami's first round pick, the Jags looks very likely but if they don't take him I think the Dolphins will, he is a perfect fit for their wildcat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Personally, I can't wait to see where he ends up. Should be a lot of buzz this coming draft.
    Would hate to see him go to the Pats, as then I'd have to root against him, but don't really see a place for him in the Colts.

I think he'll fall to someones 2nd pick, be it late in the first or early in the 2nd. Somewhere like Denver or Jacksonville (again, hope not jax, as I'd have to root against him)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

eagle eye wrote: »
    Love if the Patriots got him but he is gonna go in the first round, imo he won't pass Miami's first round pick, the Jags looks very likely but if they don't take him I think the Dolphins will, he is a perfect fit for their wildcat.

Id be suprised to see Miami burn a first or second round pick on a wildcat QB, they have Pat White already and he showed a lot of potential at times this year. He has more speed then Tebow(obviously he cant run over defenders like Tebow) and they are probably set with Chad Henne as their longtime starter.

The great thing about Tebow is he really go at any point in the draft. The Jags want him for marketing and other financial reasons and as Ive said before on these types of posts they are most likely to take him solely for those reasons. But with the post season rumbles about Jack Del Rio and his staff is he now in a position to use their first round on the player that is the biggest lottery in this draft. I think he needs a sure fire pick and not just a guy to keep the team in Jacksonville. Of course the high office could and probably will put pressure on the selection of Tebow.

What about a team like the Broncos taking him. I know it probably seems a slightly off the wall suggestion but Josh McDaniels has shown he can develop QBs and make them work well within his system. Orton and Cassel have been pretty successful in his systems the last two years. The one thing Tebow needs to succeed is for the Offensive Coordinator or the Head Coach to really buy into the fact that he is a viable QB at the next level otherwise he wont succeed in the pros.

The Pats are another team, as a few fans have posted here the Pats love versatility and Tebow could have the potential to be a decent cog in a few different ways for a team. Bellichek loves guys that can do a few things for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Would definately like to see him at the Jags, and i reckon we will take him first pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

tired of waiting to be reunited with my original account when there are so many posts to be made!

has ne1 got links to player performance reviews from senior bowl practice. there's plenty of "so-and-so is awesome" or "so-and-so is tanking" but very little that's constructive. where should i be looking for this?

cheers

tebow to the pats...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

I'd thank you if I had access to that function ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I don't think there's any chance he goes in round 1 and I'd be surprised to see him taken in round 2. People says the Jags will take him for marketing reasons but I really don't think so. Winning games and going to the play-offs sells out stadiums, watching tebow throw ints and crash and burn won't. People seem to be basing there decisions on a throw away comment the Jags owner made when asked about Tebow months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

As a Gators fan and Colts fan i'd hate to see him going to the Pats........i really would.

But position of his arm when is throws is just so low that a lot of work has to be done to step him up to the next level.

Going to see the Jags in Sept so would love to see him there as i travel to Florida a lot.

I don't think there's any chance he goes in round 1 and I'd be surprised to see him taken in round 2. People says the Jags will take him for marketing reasons but I really don't think so. Winning games and going to the play-offs sells out stadiums, watching tebow throw ints and crash and burn won't. People seem to be basing there decisions on a throw away comment the Jags owner made when asked about Tebow months ago.

Have to agree with this. There is a lot of work needed with Tebow and EVERYONE knows that. I don't think the Jags are stupid enough to burn a 1st round pick on a guy that needs work just because it Might fill their stadium. If the Jags take him I will be very surprised. The Jags I think will be smart and pick someone in the Draft they actually need.

Have to agree with this. There is a lot of work needed with Tebow and EVERYONE knows that. I don't think the Jags are stupid enough to burn a 1st round pick on a guy that needs work just because it Might fill their stadium. If the Jags take him I will be very surprised. The Jags I think will be smart and pick someone in the Draft they actually need.
    There is no 'might' about it, if Tebow goes there it will fill their stadium. He is the biggest thing in Florida since the sliced pan or in American Football since Dan Marino, hell I think he is even more popular than Marino ever was, and he is the biggest thing ever in Jacksonville.

How high he goes will be decided after the combine I think. He has put a team together to get him ready for the pros, and with his drive, determination and work ethic I just know he is going to blow everybody away at the combine. I am certain he will be a superstar in the NFL.

There is no 'might' about it, if Tebow goes there it will fill their stadium. He is the biggest thing in Florida since the sliced pan or in American Football since Dan Marino, hell I think he is even more popular than Marino ever was, and he is the biggest thing ever in Jacksonville.

How high he goes will be decided after the combine I think. He has put a team together to get him ready for the pros, and with his drive, determination and work ethic I just know he is going to blow everybody away at the combine. I am certain he will be a superstar in the NFL.

So you can see in to the future then can you?

The simple fact there is maybe or two teams that may risk their first round pick on him. The problem here is that there are 3 types of people on the whole Tebow issue. Those like you who truly can't can't see Tebow for what he is and then there are those who think he is sh1t. As for everyone else in between realise that hard work is need by him and his mechanics need to be fixed. Whether he sorts himself out in time for the combine is the next thing.

I personally don't see him being sorted out before the combine and fixing his mechanics. This will be the main factor to other teams picking him other than the two or three that who could use him right away for money or whatever reason they see fit.

His best option as I said already is to go to a team with a solid setup and coaching staff and sit behind a quality qb and learn the ropes for a couple of years before he is ready.

On a side note talking to Florida fans the other day and both are Florida fans and both work 3 hours from Gainsville and Jacksonville but asked them would they ever make the trip to see Tebow in Jacksonville and they said they might. Both of them are season ticket holders in the swamp. I asked them why they said they "might" go, both of them said well it means having to go see the Jags play. I asked them what the feelings were in Gainsville they said there is mixed feelings.

I honestly think that fans will attend until they realise the Jags still arent winning games or enough of them even with Tebow at the helm. And the Jags will go back to what they were beforehand. The Jags need to succeed instantly with Tebow or it could be a disastor for them.

So you can see in to the future then can you?

The simple fact there is maybe or two teams that may risk their first round pick on him. The problem here is that there are 3 types of people on the whole Tebow issue. Those like you who truly can't can't see Tebow for what he is and then there are those who think he is sh1t. As for everyone else in between realise that hard work is need by him and his mechanics need to be fixed. Whether he sorts himself out in time for the combine is the next thing.
    I personally don't see him being sorted out before the combine and fixing his mechanics. This will be the main factor to other teams picking him other than the two or three that who could use him right away for money or whatever reason they see fit.
    Tim Tebow is huge in the US, there is no doubt that if he goes in the first round to a Floridian team that the interest in that team will expand hugely. There are Tebow fans, and not just one or two, there are millions of Tebow fans, from older folks and parents who admire him for being outspoken on his christian beliefs and basically because he is a clean cut kid, to younger kids who look at him as a real life superman and teenage girls who want to marry him and scream when they are near him.

I know he has work to do, I've said that all along. He is working with Zeke Bratkowski and Marc Trestman along with D1 sports to get him ready for the combine and the NFL. That is a serious team he has put together to get him in shape for the combine.

3 types of people and you are saying I am blinded. Where did I ever say I expect him to start in his first season. I never said it, I just said he will be a first rounder, and I also said that imo he will be a superstar in the NFL. Time will tell, but these 'experts' said that Rivers wouldn't make it either but he changed his style of throw and look at him now. And he still went high in the first round.

His best option as I said already is to go to a team with a solid setup and coaching staff and sit behind a quality qb and learn the ropes for a couple of years before he is ready.
    He can't decide where he wants to go, what is the point of that comment?
    On a side note talking to Florida fans the other day and both are Florida fans and both work 3 hours from Gainsville and Jacksonville but asked them would they ever make the trip to see Tebow in Jacksonville and they said they might. Both of them are season ticket holders in the swamp. I asked them why they said they "might" go, both of them said well it means having to go see the Jags play. I asked them what the feelings were in Gainsville they said there is mixed feelings.

I honestly think that fans will attend until they realise the Jags still arent winning games or enough of them even with Tebow at the helm. And the Jags will go back to what they were beforehand. The Jags need to succeed instantly with Tebow or it could be a disastor for them.
    As you know season tickets is where its at and five year tickets and there will be huge sales of both if he is drafted by Jacksonville in the first round. You are grossly underestimating just how huge he is in the US.

Those 'Florida' fans are a very small sample and you couldn't draw any conclusions whatsoever from their reponses. And its only just over an hour from Gainsville to Jacksonville not that there is a huge need for Gator fans to fill that stadium if Tebow goes there, although I'm quite certain a decent number will want season tickets. And it does seem you just happen to be speaking to a lot of fans of a lot of relevant teams just before you post. I think I've seen that line from you at least ten times over the past six months.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Although we may watch football as a sport, you must not forget that it's also a business, and Tebow has the beginnings of brand name draw? Certainly, the overenthusiastic and exaggerated media had a lot to do with this, but his name is well known across the States now, and a pro team could capitalize upon this (excuse the pun).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

He has put a team together to get him ready for the pros, and with his drive, determination and work ethic I just know he is going to blow everybody away at the combine. I am certain he will be a superstar in the NFL.

I could not agree more, one of the main reasons I think Tebow will eventually succeed in the pros is because of who the man is himself. I have never, in all my years watching various sports, witnessed an athlete who has an attitude like Tebow.
    His determination to be the best, his willingness to put his body on the line for that extra inch and the belief he instills into his teammates all point to a prosporous career in the Nfl.
    It beggers belief that people are writing him off before he's even been drafted because of something like his throwing technique, the lad is 22 for **** sake, plenty of time to iron out any flaws in his game and with his mindset he WILL iron out any flaws in his game, mark my words. He is a winner, and not in a cheesy Hollywood type of way, he is the real deal, 100% and anyone with even a passing interest in college football should already know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Wasn't this the year they'd play more under centre and he'd improve his throwing technique? He hasn't. which suggests he needs a hell of a lot of work. I still think hte Patriots might take him in first round but otherwise he could slide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Those 'Florida' fans are a very small sample and you couldn't draw any conclusions whatsoever from their reponses. And its only just over an hour from Gainsville to Jacksonville not that there is a huge need for Gator fans to fill that stadium if Tebow goes there, although I'm quite certain a decent number will want season tickets. And it does seem you just happen to be speaking to a lot of fans of a lot of relevant teams just before you post. I think I've seen that line from you at least ten times over the past six months.

I gotta disagree. Any true Florida fan will have fond memories of the man, but they won't follow him around. They won't become automatic jacksonville fans because Tebow plays there, they'll simply be screaming for the next star in a Gator's uniform. When Brady leaves the Pats, you'll still be a Pats fanatic, right?
    Let's not get carried away; many superstars have left their respective colleges, and those teams find new players. When Leinart left USC, Sanchez became the next big deal. I'm pretty sure the fans of USC aren't all Cards and Jets fans now.

You say he's bigger than Marino, well not in the NFL. Ask any Dolphins fan who the biggest player in Florida's history is, they'll tell you Marino. They might not agree in Gainesville, but no NFL team plays in Gainesville. Tebow's a huge college player. But do you really think Bears fans, or Steeler's fans worship him? No NFL fan does. Not yet anyway.

I think Tebow will be a force in the Sport, but to say he'll automatically rejuvinate a franchise fortunes is very optimistic. I think you're overrating a guy who's never taken a snap in NFL. And it's not something Jax or Miami can risk their futures on either.

The arm will always be a problem too. I think he's good enough to make up for it in other ways, but he'll never be a Drew Brees, for instance. It'll take thousands of hours - literally - to develop an efficient, accurate technique, and I don't think he has that time.

Second round pick, for me. To Denver - you read it here first ;)

• Advertisement

davyjose wrote: »
    I gotta disagree. Any true Florida fan will have fond memories of the man, but they won't follow him around. They won't become automatic jacksonville fans because Tebow plays there, they'll simply be screaming for the next star in a Gator's uniform.

When Brady leaves the Pats, you'll still be a Pats fanatic, right?
    Let's not get carried away; many superstars have left their respective colleges, and those teams find new players. When Leinart left USC, Sanchez became the next big deal. I'm pretty sure the fans of USC aren't all Cards and Jets fans now.
    I agree that Gator fans will worry about the Gators but Tim Tebow has a lot of fans in his own right.
    Its not the same as Brady leaving the Pats, Tebow is leaving college and going to the NFL, you can follow his career and still be a diehard Gator fan.
    You say he's bigger than Marino, well not in the NFL. Ask any Dolphins fan who the biggest player in Florida's history is, they'll tell you Marino. They might not agree in Gainesville, but no NFL team plays in Gainesville. Tebow's a huge college player. But do you really think Bears fans, or Steeler's fans worship him? No NFL fan does. Not yet anyway.
    I say that he is bigger than Marino ever was in Florida, more people know his name. He is probably the most well known name in American Sports today outside of a very select group includes Tiger, LeBron, Kobe, Brady, Manning, Favre, Beckham, Federer, Jeter and others, hell he might even be in that group of household names by now.
    I think Tebow will be a force in the Sport, but to say he'll automatically rejuvinate a franchise fortunes is very optimistic. I think you're overrating a guy who's never taken a snap in NFL. And it's not something Jax or Miami can risk their futures on either.
    I said he will fill the stadium, not talking about what he will do on the pitch in his first season or anything like that.
    The arm will always be a problem too. I think he's good enough to make up for it in other ways, but he'll never be a Drew Brees, for instance. It'll take thousands of hours - literally - to develop an efficient, accurate technique, and I don't think he has that time.
    Really? What about Rivers then, how did he overcome his problem arm? I believe the guy has that something special along with drive and determination, I really think the arm will be sorted quicker than most think. I think he will amaze people at the combine, its just the type of guy he is.
    Second round pick, for me. To Denver - you read it here first ;)
    Not a chance imo that he makes the second round.

jdivision wrote: »
    Wasn't this the year they'd play more under centre and he'd improve his throwing technique? He hasn't. which suggests he needs a hell of a lot of work. I still think hte Patriots might take him in first round but otherwise he could slide

The plan was to make him play under centre more this year but with the poor o-line the Gators had Meyer decided that it was more important to win a national title then to improve Tebow's draft stock
    It beggers belief that people are writing him off before he's even been drafted because of something like his throwing technique, the lad is 22 for **** sake, plenty of time to iron out any flaws in his game and with his mindset he WILL iron out any flaws in his game, mark my words

I'm not writing him off, like Davy I think that given time to learn in a system and with coaches that trust him Tebow can be successful. But the last few months is the first time that he has been given coaching on his passing. It will improve but he has to override 10 years or whatever of a very bad throwing motion, thats going to take a lot of time. You say he is only 22 and has plenty of time to iron out his issues, but with the fact that Tebow was a power runner as well in college if he does utilise that skill in the pros he will shorten his career so I wouldnt say he has lots of time to improve his mechanics if he plays the same in the pros as in college.
    I agree that Gator fans will worry about the Gators but Tim Tebow has a lot of fans in his own right.
    Its not the same as Brady leaving the Pats, Tebow is leaving college and going to the NFL, you can follow his career and still be a diehard Gator fan.

I say that he is bigger than Marino ever was in Florida, more people know his name. He is probably the most well known name in American Sports today outside of a very select group includes Tiger, LeBron, Kobe, Brady, Manning, Favre, Beckham, Federer, Jeter and others, hell he might even be in that group of household names by now.

The one thing to remember about football fans in Florida is, and always has been, that they are college fans first and foremost so college players in the state tend to get the some profile there as a pro player in another state. The fans dont by and large give a damn about the pros because of how long it took to get pro franchises in Florida. Gator fans will look to see how Tebow is doing but I wouldnt expect a big turnout of Gator fans in the NFL to see Tebow. As you say though he does have a lot of fans in his own right

I watched the senior bowl last night and Tebow struggled pretty badly. He worked better out of centre then I expected after seeing some of the practices earlier in the week. But his passing ability was poor. He mistimed quick passing routes and some of his timing routes were very poor. The quick outs are a pro passing neccessity because of the rushing ability of pro defenders but his mistime of some other routes was very poor. I remember one pass in the first series where he had a seem route from the slot reciever who had beaten coverage and Tebow threw five yards behind him on a 20 yard pass. These are the types of throws that he has to make in the pros to have a chance of sucess. To be honese Dan LeFevour looked more complete in his time on the field. As did Jarett Brown the West Virginia QB.

Still though I think all in all by going to the Senior Bowl and playing and practicing Tebow will do improve and it will help him get ready for the combine and his pro day but there are serious question marks about him and in my view about the QB's that Urban Meyer is developing with his teams. Alex Smith and Chris Leak havent been able to play at a level in the pros comparable to their college producation. Smith looks like he may have turned the corner-if the niners incorperate the spread more like they did at times last year he should be solid enough and Leak is playing in the CFL. Can Tebow buck the trend of Meyer QBs? I've loved seeing him play in college but its going to be a very long road for him to impress the scouts

Tim Tebow is huge in the US, there is no doubt that if he goes in the first round to a Floridian team that the interest in that team will expand hugely. There are Tebow fans, and not just one or two, there are millions of Tebow fans, from older folks and parents who admire him for being outspoken on his christian beliefs and basically because he is a clean cut kid, to younger kids who look at him as a real life superman and teenage girls who want to marry him and scream when they are near him.

But will those Tebow fans travel across America to go watch him in Jacksonville? As frostie said fans in Gainsville are Gators fans first and foremost. My example shows that also. Jacksonville need people in Florida to buy into the hype or the stadiums wont stay full for long especially if they are not winning. People are not going to drive a few hundred miles every Sunday for a sh1t team just because of Tebow. So it could be a marketing disastor from the Jags
    I know he has work to do, I've said that all along. He is working with Zeke Bratkowski and Marc Trestman along with D1 sports to get him ready for the combine and the NFL. That is a serious team he has put together to get him in shape for the combine.

He is going to need more work than these guys in the short time he has. But he is showing determination but I still don't see him being worth a first round pick.
    3 types of people and you are saying I am blinded. Where did I ever say I expect him to start in his first season. I never said it, I just said he will be a first rounder, and I also said that imo he will be a superstar in the NFL. Time will tell, but these 'experts' said that Rivers wouldn't make it either but he changed his style of throw and look at him now. And he still went high in the first round.

A superstar? This could be an epic fail you guaranteeing he will be a superstar :rolleyes: As for Rivers he wasn't "God" to a lot of people and didn't carry the same hype as Tebow. So he wasn't put up on a pedastal to come crashing off if he didn't succeed.

He can't decide where he wants to go, what is the point of that comment?

Taken out of context. Its obvious I didn't mean he had the choice. :rolleyes:
    As you know season tickets is where its at and five year tickets and there will be huge sales of both if he is drafted by Jacksonville in the first round. You are grossly underestimating just how huge he is in the US.

Again my first point. on this first post. Im not grossly underestimating anything. The Jags have a bad rep in Florida and can't get the small amount of people in Jacksonville to attend or the cities around them. Not even football loving Gainsville. Again Tebow could fill out the stadium for a while but if they dont win will you think "Tebow Fans" will support the Jags?

Wait small sample? To be honest with you their feelings on the whole situation and their opinions on tebow and the jags carry more weight than mine or yours. They are alumni of Florida, They attend games in Gainsville a lot. They talk to other Florida fans. They loved Tebow. But they don't love the Jags.

Oh and the fans you do realise I travel the US a lot and have many friends throughout the US right? Many of them are coaches or people I lived with or worked with. I will show you my phone bill if you want :rolleyes: I like to talk to my friends quite often as you do. If you want to be an a$$hole and try take the credibility away from me fair enough each to their own. But it seems when someone brings up a point against you that makes sense you try deconstruct it.

Time will tell, but these 'experts' said that Rivers wouldn't make it either but he changed his style of throw and look at him now. And he still went high in the first round.

EagleEye do you believe that Philip Rivers was really as much of a question mark coming into the draft? I remember he had a bad throwing motion but he was an exceptionally accurate passer(over 70%) in college from what I remember.

That year the top of the QB field was packed with Eli, Big Ben and Rivers. I remember Rivers coming out as a leader of a very successful team(3 bowl wins in 4 games if i recall right.) I can see where the parellels are drawn between the two-Rivers has his side arm delivery and Tebow has an unortadox delivery as well but Rivers was exceptionally accurate and productive in college as a passer whereas Tebow was never regarded as a top tier passer and more of an intangibles kind of QB. A straight leader and a power runner are the attributes you think of with Tebow. Tebow doesnt have good footwork in the pocket and his pocket awareness isnt great either whereas Rivers didnt have these issues.

Rivers was a consencous top half of round 1 pick-at worse-whereas Tebow is just question marks all over the place, are they really comparable in draft terms just because of unconventional deliveries?

I'll come back later but just a point that has to be made. We have had at least 4 threads specifically about Tebow is this forum. I don't think we have had one about any other college player. In fact I would doubt we have had that many about any player in the NFL, well maybe Favre but thats it.

It just shows what a big name he is, anybody doubting that he will fill a stadium, well if you are in business you need to go back to business school.

anybody doubting that he will fill a stadium, well if you are in business you need to go back to business school.

Yeah and anyone thinking he is a sure fire pick and a dazzling superstar in the making needs to watch more film of the guy

I'll come back later but just a point that has to be made. We have had at least 4 threads specifically about Tebow is this forum. I don't think we have had one about any other college player. In fact I would doubt we have had that many about any player in the NFL, well maybe Favre but thats it.

It just shows what a big name he is, anybody doubting that he will fill a stadium, well if you are in business you need to go back to business school.

My last post got deleted because apparently I was back seat modding even though I was telling you how I personally feel about your posts.

You failed to read any of my posts correctly. I never said they categorically "WONT" Fill their their stadium. I said IF they do, the next question is for how long. IF the the Jags fill their stadium and still suck donkey balls do you think Tebow fans will keep the stands full long term?

Now before you throw around nonsense like the above. Anyone in business needs to consider the long term affects of their business and if Tebow fans get bored of the Jags losing they wont get those full stands anymore and the reality of it, in the long term the business decision will or could be a failure.

Drafting Players they need and that can strengthen their team and help them win makes more of a better business decision than drafting a guy who could only fill your stands temporarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

seriously eagle eye your comments in this thread have been outrageous. I mean besides the fact that nobody is a surefire hit in the NFL saying Tebow is going to fill any stadium he plays in just laughable.

You know this was the worst senior bowl in history from a ticket sales perspective right. that alone dents your credibility I mean why didnt all the Tebow fans flock to Mobile to see him perform in a pro style offense for the first time ever ???

Tewbow might make a hall of fame career as a QB in the NFL although I doubt it, he might be a flop until he gets out there we wont know. However right now this fundamentals outweigh his intangibles when it comes to putting him on your draft board thats a fact.

Nobody can profess to be an expert in identifying QB talent, if they did how could Warner go undrafted and Brady drop to the 7th round, precisly the same people thought Russell, Leaf, Smith et all would be superstars.

Could Tebow go in the first round ? Yes although its unlikely if you draft a QB in the first round your efectively saying this is the franchise, nobody including Tebow from his comments think that will happen. Hes quoted himself as saying he feels he can one day play as a QB in the NFL. First round QB's play immediatly and not eventually

If your a franchise that needs a QB in the first round there are quite a few QB's your going to look at before Tebow or certainly I would anyway.

My opinion is hes worth nothing more than a 3rd round pick however with his leadership abilities and his drive to win and be a better player you then take him in the second round. Lets wait and see but lets not make silly statements befre we have seen him throw a pass (thats if hes not drafted and turned into a H Back or T End

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Holding my hands up here. I don't watch college football. However I have heard of Tim Tebow.

I tuned in yesterday to watch the Senior Bowl, to see what it was all about. Now I know it was only one game but I don't know what all the fuss is about, he didn't look anything special to me. I know it was only one game, but he looked like any other QB, wasn't a brilliant runner and not a great thrower. Did he have a really bad game or was that his usual.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Granted, Tebow's performance in the Senior Bowl was not all that good, but then again the South (just like the North) had little time to develop teamwork, or to play as well as a team that had been playing all season together?

Advertisement