Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What round will Tebow go in this year's draft?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Granted, Tebow's performance in the Senior Bowl was not all that good, but then again the South (just like the North) had little time to develop teamwork, or to play as well as a team that had been playing all season together?

They had 5 days and a fairly basic playbook to learn for the game. But I don't buy your answer to be honest.

Zac Robinson did fairly well and ran a perfect 2min drill for a score at the end of the 1st half. So if he can have a decent game why couldn't the man everyone believes is the next big thing? As I said before Tebow will need time to learn in the NFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

They had 5 days and a fairly basic playbook to learn for the game. But I don't buy your answer to be honest.

Zac Robinson did fairly well and ran a perfect 2min drill for a score at the end of the 1st half. So if he can have a decent game why couldn't the man everyone believes is the next big thing? As I said before Tebow will need time to learn in the NFL.

There's no blitzing in the Senior Bowl yet it seemed to me that Tebow wasnt sure footed in the pocket and couldnt set his feet either. That just adds to the issues that he has with his level of mechanics in the eyes of pro scouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

frostie500 wrote: »
    it seemed to me that Tebow wasnt sure footed in the pocket and couldnt set his feet either.

I noticed that aswell he was doing a lot of bouncing around in the pocket, he looked very unnerved. I also noticed he was making a concious effort not to pat the ball before throwing. I wonder if he spent his time thinking too much about the fundamentals of this throwing action and that cuased his poor footwork ?

Im not a Tebow fan but I feel really sorry for the guy. I can never remember a player under the microscope so much prior to the draft. Regardless of what anybody says all the talk of his mechanics have to creep into his head and has to be having an effect plus lets not forget he was in the hospital 3 times last week had strep throat and a temperature of 104 which couldnt have helped his game prep.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

• Registered Users Posts: 37,755 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

frostie500 wrote: »
    Yeah and anyone thinking he is a sure fire pick and a dazzling superstar in the making needs to watch more film of the guy
    He is certain to go in the first round imo, and more because of his popularity than his skills, but I do believe that he will become a superstar in the NFL because of his self belief, dedication and love for the game and most importantly that incredible will to win which very few have.

I don't need to look at tapes of him again, I know what he has got and I know what he has to work on. Everything he has to work on is fixable.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    He is certain to go in the first round

seriously hes not certain to go in the first round. just read any comment or opinion from respected NFL jounos or scouts from the league. The poll here is enough to show that hes not a cert.

You do another poll on where will Suh draft and you will see what certain to go in the first round looks like

D3PO wrote: »
    seriously eagle eye your comments in this thread have been outrageous. I mean besides the fact that nobody is a surefire hit in the NFL saying Tebow is going to fill any stadium he plays in just laughable.
    Show me the outrageous comments please?
    Are you saying that Tebow won't fill Jacksonville's stadium if they pick him?
    You know this was the worst senior bowl in history from a ticket sales perspective right. that alone dents your credibility I mean why didnt all the Tebow fans flock to Mobile to see him perform in a pro style offense for the first time ever ???
    I'm stopping right here and not bothering with anymore of your comments because this is complete bull. Way to go, make up something to suit your argument and its the most ridic statement ever. The Senior bowl was sold out this year. As soon as Tebow announced he was going to play they had record ticket sales everyday until it was sold out.
    And here are links for you.
    http://blog.al.com/press-register-sports/2010/01/tebow_making_huge_impact_on_se.html
    http://blog.al.com/live/2010/01/senior_bowl_sells_out_tickets.html

eagle eye wrote: »
    Show me the outrageous comments please?
    Are you saying that Tebow won't fill Jacksonville's stadium if they pick him?

I'm stopping right here and not bothering with anymore of your comments because this is complete bull. Way to go, make up something to suit your argument and its the most ridic statement ever. The Senior bowl was sold out this year. As soon as Tebow announced he was going to play they had record ticket sales everyday until it was sold out.
    And here are links for you.
    http://blog.al.com/press-register-sports/2010/01/tebow_making_huge_impact_on_se.html
    http://blog.al.com/live/2010/01/senior_bowl_sells_out_tickets.html

my apologies I mixed up the Shrine game which only had 8,000 in attendance with the senior bowl. Im man enough to put my hand up when i make a mistake. will you eat humble pie when Tebow fails to be drafted in the first round ???

my apologies I mixed up the Shrine game which only had 8,000 in attendance with the senior bowl. Im man enough to put my hand up when i make a mistake. will you eat humble pie when Tebow fails to be drafted in the first round ???
    I don't know how you could mix it up with the Shrine game. Also do you not find it interesting that the lowest ever attendance for a shrine game came in Florida when Tebow was playing in Alabama? I think it might have had a lot to do with it.

I won't need to eat any humble pie, unlike you. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Hazys wrote: »

What a fcuking idiot. Expecting a 22 year old to forego the opportunity to play in the NFL, in order to "preserve his rock star status"

I'm embarrassed by that statement.

davyjose wrote: »
    What a fcuking idiot. Expecting a 22 year old to forego the opportunity to play in the NFL, in order to "preserve his rock star statement."

I'm embarrassed by that statement.
    He is the worst pundit ever in the NFL. Whatever he says, you can almost be sure the opposite will happen.

None of us heard the interview. Who is to say he didn't say it as a p!ss take. But Its nothing new for Joe Theismann to say something redonculous. Its his way you couldn't count on one hand how many times he has come out with something retarded. Anyone who takes him serious needs to learn to ignore him. Theismann should stick to doing the NFL Playbook show which oddly enough he is very good on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

None of us heard the interview. Who is to say he didn't say it as a p!ss take.
    I actually checked to make sure it wasn't one of those jokey websites, like the onion, such was the ridiculousness of the comment.

davyjose wrote: »
    I actually checked to make sure it wasn't one of those jokey websites, like the onion, such was the ridiculousness of the comment.

I agree it was totally redonculous but what I meant was that who is to say he wasn't saying it as a p1ss take. Generally everything that comes out of his mouth is facepalmish :D Well except the playbook series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 CharismaPeep

I think Tebow will be better than many people expect. A lot of the criticisms of him were the same criticisms of Montana & Brady, both of whom went late in the draft.

You shouldn't underestimate a QB who has consistently won in college, because it hints that they have the personality to work through aany problems. It might take him a while to get there, but Tebow will be a great QB someday, trust me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I think Tebow will be better than many people expect. A lot of the criticisms of him were the same criticisms of Montana & Brady, both of whom went late in the draft.

You shouldn't underestimate a QB who has consistently won in college, because it hints that they have the personality to work through aany problems. It might take him a while to get there, but Tebow will be a great QB someday, trust me

Brady was knocked for not having a strong arm and being to small. I never remember big problems with his throwing motion. I always here "he can work through any problems" etc etc, why hasn't he bothered to work through it so far in his career? He says he'll work on his throwing motion in time for the draft, which is 3 months. Why didn't he just do it last year during his 3 months in the off-season?

Brady went late in the draft due to arm strength concerns, his lack of speed, and the fact he didnt do much in college, his fundamentals were always solid.

I dont think anybody underestimates Tebow, If half the QB's in the league had his leadership abilities they would be much better than they are, but winning in college and winning in the Pros are very different.

Vince young won consistently in college, he clearly didnt have the personality to work through any problems (certainly not in the short term) he almost broke down last year so that in no way holds water.

being a winning QB in college doesnt give you any idea of what they will do in the pros.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

He will most likely end up in Jacksonville. The Jags need him to boost the image of their team and bring in more fans. Pretty much all the experts are saying Tebow will be a massive bust in the NFL.....he is an awesome college QB but he will get eaten alive in the pro's because his style does not suit the NFL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

That's conventional wisdom alright. Experts say a lot of things though. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the league, if only to see what happens.

If Favre actually retires this year, I need a non-story to follow all summer and "Tim Tebow learns basic throwing mechanics" could be a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 MainDude

I think 3 teams have their minds set on taking him the first round, I'd say the Raiders will pick him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Raiders aren't going to waste another 1st round pick on Tebow after taking Russell a couple of years back!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

kmart6 wrote: »
    Raiders aren't going to waste another 1st round pick on Tebow after taking Russell a couple of years back!

Plus they don't have a first round pick. Traded it to the Patriots.

Plus they don't have a first round pick. Traded it to the Patriots.

Raiders have the 8th pick.

Pats have Raiders 2011 Round 1 pick.

Zero chance raiders pick him.

Al Davis loves players like Tebow, don't count it out.

MainDude wrote: »
    Al Davis loves players like Tebow, don't count it out.

Where do you get that idea from?

He loves guys like Tebow, winners with measurables ([lus he has terrible taste in college QBs: Russell and Ronald Curry and Andrew Walter and that Tuaisosopo guy). He'll probably take him if he goes past the first round, but I don't think he'd be willing to pay Tebow top-10 money. But it's either them, the Pats, or the Jags imo.

• Advertisement

MainDude wrote: »
    He loves guys like Tebow, winners with measurables ([lus he has terrible taste in college QBs: Russell and Ronald Curry and Andrew Walter and that Tuaisosopo guy). He'll probably take him if he goes past the first round, but I don't think he'd be willing to pay Tebow top-10 money. But it's either them, the Pats, or the Jags imo.

What? Pats wont touch him unless he drop to at least the 3rd. I just cant see the Pats wasting any of those 4 picks in the 1st 2 rounds on Tebow. Especially when they have a defense to re-build. The only way the Pats will touch Tebow earlier than the 3rd is if they find what they are looking for on the Free Agency or trade big. Besides if he goes to the Pats he will find himself as a TE or warming the Bench in Bradys shadow being groomed and trained properly for the future.

Advertisement