Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happiness is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭shaymus27

Buying a vanilla - iced custard slice when you haven't had one in years and enjoying every last crumb of it, with a lovely cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Having a nice cold glass of wine at the end of a hard day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Happiness is being reminded of how Wonderful People can be :)

There was this job my now Late Loving Dad used do but I never had the physical strength or capabilities to do myself. After my Dad passed away I could never figure out how I'd be able to do this & not something I could just ask of someone.

It was noticed by some Kind Stranger that time had lapsed and this job was not being done. They done it! This random stranger took it on themselves to continue this job that my Dad had started. Don't know who they are but seeing it done just Warmed my Heart :o

Happiness today: Just the Kindness and Thoughtfulness of Strangers :)

On a personal note: The time I've spent resting my back & legs and the time I've spent on physcially strenghtening back up again is finally paying off :)

Happiness Is... the Small Things in Life,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Sweet texts/calls!

Going shopping for the bf!

Kisses!

Oreos and cookies!

J2O glitter berry!

Coke, in a glass!

Games worksop style painting!

Being treated as No.1 :)

Netflix comedy shows!

Madras and sunshine rice with Barr Bubblegum!

Holding hands!

Sitting on the grass in the sun together!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Smell of fresh cut grass :D

• Advertisement

Happiness is:
    I started a job today in an area I know nothing about. Nothing! The area was mentioned to me in the interview and I told him straigh-out I have no training ; no idea on this area of work at all. Here I am actually looking forward to starting in tomorrow knowing my login details were more or less sorted today, on day#1 btw, and looking forward to learning something new :)

That is Happiness to me right now -> Learning something new, in a new area of work!
    kerry4sam

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Rosses Point. Walking on the beach, your feet touching the water. The sky, the mountains, the light. Bliss.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Happiness is:
    I started a job today in an area I know nothing about. Nothing! The area was mentioned to me in the interview and I told him straigh-out I have no training ; no idea on this area of work at all. Here I am actually looking forward to starting in tomorrow knowing my login details were more or less sorted today, on day#1 btw, and looking forward to learning something new :)

That is Happiness to me right now -> Learning something new, in a new area of work!
    kerry4sam

God I wish all employers were like that, congrats

Happiness is going to see jurrasic world later on today \0/ :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Marks and Spencer's wildflower honey honeycomb. Sweet Jesus I have died and gone to heaven :pac:

A big bar of Galaxy chocolate:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Going to Coqbull for dinner tonight followed by Jurassic World in the cinema :)

Starting to lose weight again:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Finding a new book by an author I like, and buying another I had my eye on, in the buy one get one half price offer. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Happiness is:

kerry4sam

Funnily enough that's how I started my current job. Or pretty much any job.
    Don't worry, the mindnumbing terror will only last 6 months, after that it gets a lot better! :)

So what makes me happy? Getting up late on a Saturday morning, having a 2 hour breakfast in tracksuit bottoms and looking forward to doing absolutely nothing productive, positive or contributing to mankind in any way, shape or form. Maybe go to town around 2-ish for an aimless wander about.
    Oh, it is 2. Time to put on pants. Toodles!

Being surprised by the bf being in my room unexpectantly early upon me coming back from shops :)

Cuddles!

Spontaneous snuggletime ;)

Naps together!

Pizza and garlic bread!

Finding out about half price pizza day at my local Firehouse 2nd july!

Charity shop looking!

Terminator and Fantastic Mr Fox!

Netflix fun, and youtube and funny tv time!

Feeling happy!

Chinese food!

Booking in for tattoo and pricing around!

Blanch shopping centre!

Dunnes foods!

1e beers!

Kisses!

Being told lovely things and promises!

Having BOOBS :)

Being pretty, or not bad looking anyway :p

This evening after work I gave myself a pedicure ; a manicure & then went for my second high-intensity Cycle since I completed my 3rd-180km-Ring-of-Kerry-Charity-Cycle last week-end.
    Just perfect weather for cycling. Just feels great getting out in the fresh air exercising after a bitta pampering.

Happiness this evening ^^^
    kerry4sam

Being reminded of just how Lovely & Thoughtful People can be.

At work today a minutes silence was observed and the words by our HEO afterward were just something special. Some time-out straight-after and just random chatting with people in a situation that'd not happened up until that point in time was just Lovely!
    Saw Kindness today in a different way & it truly was Lovely.

Some Happiness,
    kerry4sam

Love!

Getting free chilli cheese garlic bread at the pizza place, Firehouse if anyones interested!

Hugs and being called "thunderbuddy"!

Having bags carried for me!

Discussions about things and actually not feeling like Im at my fault and that I AM getting somewhere!

Milk Tray, bought just for me by the bf!

Maltesers!

Swizzels chewy sweets!

Scones!

Snuggles and cuddles and kisses and cosy naps!

Netflix!

Finding "Goosebumps" shows online!

"George of the jungle"!

Chinese food!

Fun laughy times!

Feeling good about everything!

Kisses!

Holidays :D

I used to love Goosebumps:) brings back memories:)

Happiness would be nowhere to go and not having to do anything. Just for one day.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Zanablue wrote: »
    Happiness would be nowhere to go and not having to do anything. Just for one day.

I do that every now and then. "Are you going anywhere?" "No, have a few things to do round the house (nose grows an inch)".
    Queue lounging on the couch in tracksuit bottoms for all of Saturday while the missus is out and about doing stuff for a change. Not even going outside the door. Breakfast between 11 AM and 2 PM, with 2-3 brews of coffee. Then switching to heart attack inducing snacks till it's time for lunch (throws pizza in the oven). Mostly doing this when Big Bang marathon is on E4. Not speaking a single word to anyone, except maybe the dog. Maybe argue with anonymous people on Boards. (After all these years I have come to regard you as people I've almost met :p)
    And then to really get down to relax for the evening. Only work I'm doing is downloading movies all day to watch later.

Today quite the opposite. Shannon Air Show, got there at 2 just missing the biggest queues. Got in for free and even got the dog in on the second attempt. Yes, I know, but he absolutely HAD to come with us, wouldn't take no for an answer. He was quite surprised when we didn't go to the beach. Stayed dry all day and on the way out we where given programs for free, had them practically forced on us. :D
    Never had to queue for anything, the loos were clean, great day altogether and on the way back a jet flew right over the car. And when I got home I finally managed to connect the bigger hard drive to the telly, much more space for recording now.
    Happy as a Frenchman who invented a pair of self removing trousers.

Random road trips :D

Meeting the bf at the airport, as a surprise!

Little alsation style gifts for him!

The airport, esp at night!

Kisses!

Paddington bear, got for me in London by the bf!

Holding hands!

Pix!

Chatting!

Getting a surprise lift home from the bfs parents!

Feeling happy!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Putting on a load of laundry in our new washing machine after two weeks of having none :D

Kisses!

Polish shop treats!

Charity shop looking!

Breakfast rolls!

Spicy crisps!

Snuggles ;)

Dvd day!

Tv night!

Taco fries and battered sausages and smoked cod!

Long cosy naps!

Sweet words!

Being called beautiful and other nice things!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

Being woken up by your 2 year old when he sees you after being away for a couple of days and getting in late after he was in bed.. 'momma' being shouted and the sound of mouse like running footsteps towards you.
    Magic

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Rescuing a teeny tiny frog

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Dancing till closing time :D

First interview Ive got in about 3years of jobhunting, granted tis just for a recruitment agency but still tis a sign that things are finally looking up on the jobscene in this country , hopefully :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Nobody giving you hassle:(

Advertisement