Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Drunken Dish

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭fuelinjection

Tommy Tiernan.

"I was so locked, I put the rashers in the toaster."

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭RocketRonnie

Robbo wrote: »
    I know and love the 3-in-1 but what's the extra component of the 4-in-1?

Chicken Balls... where I come from anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Toasted fried egg and black pudding sandwiches with mayo... nyomm......

oooppppss.... just realised that I replied in a mens forum.... sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Seafood Pie at the Bull and Castle. I first had it when I was so drunk I could not remember having it until I found the receipt and read some text messages.
    Now it is my go to dish when I go in.

Seafood pie with either some Galway Hooker or if its available, Goods store IPA on cask. Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

There is a wonderful hawaiian dish called (i think) loco moco or something like that. Makes a fine drunken feast. Get some rice, stick a burger on top, fried egg on top of that and cover the lot in gravy. Yum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loco_Moco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Robbo wrote: »
    I know and love the 3-in-1 but what's the extra component of the 4-in-1?
    Chicken balls

Favourites of mine:
    Large chips with donor kebab meat on top, all topped off with cheese, garlic, chili, lettuce and a bit of onion - not bad for €6

Just after feastin on a 4 in 1,
    decided to go for full portions of chips, curry, fried rice and chicken balls and mix them up meself.... not fit to walk after it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

This depend's on the time of the day!

If I am drunk in the afternoon then a trip to the italian for a big lump of pasta is the order of the day.

If it is at chucking out time then I love Burger King: Double whopper meal, double bacon cheeseburger and a portion of onion rings:D

If it is in the morning 8am - 10.30am (you have been there too!!) then its McDonalds for breakfast - 2 double sausage Mcmuffins and 2 hash browns.

The above is all dependant on me being in town - If I am at home its the cheap assed extra value burgers (doubles) coleslaw, easy singles, ketchup and mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

For me its a snackbox - remember when I lived at home and it was only 5 mins walk to the house from the chipper but jesus once I had that greasy box in my hands I would sit in one of the gardens and gorge it.. Got fucked out of it many times by the neighbours...

/jaysus just re-read that. Im a chick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 davy7

drunken food = anything edible!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

cant beat my own 4 in 1

CHips, couple of spice burgers, garlic mushrooms and battered sausage.

.... ahh its been a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭leonardjos

Zaytoon Kebabs are the business :P

Taco Fries in Abra are pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

garlic cheese chips, battered sausage, 1/2 pounder! :D
    or spice burgers & cheese on bread! :D

Max Power1 wrote: »
    cant beat my own 4 in 1

CHips, couple of spice burgers, garlic mushrooms and battered sausage.

.... ahh its been a while!

What a feast, love them all but never had the pleasure of all at once....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

CRISPS UPON CRISPS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I'd eat a childs arsé through its nappy when I drunk, dont care what it is once it's edible

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Had a fried egg on toast at the weekend (more than one) but before taking the eggs off the pan stuck an easi single slice of cheese on them. Was absolutely lovely!!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Chinese if I have the money...

Tayto sandwich if not, bad idea bringing it to bed with me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Has to be a doner kebab everytime when in town, if local only place be open is the manky chinese which tastes lovely when drunk:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Pete M.

A cantaloupe mojito with plenty of mint and a slice of lime, hmmmm. Maybe a lick of salt just before to balance it nutritionally (if not completely buckled).

Otherwise, spring roll with cheese, irish-chinese classic hybrid....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Anything edible will do. Mostly snack boxes, once ate two of them in the one sitting after a monster session and no food. Also went through a phase of going for bacon and cheese wedges. Sadly said chipper is long gone, and I don't know anywhere else that does them.

My proudest moment would probably be trying to cook salami on a frying pan at 5am after a lockin in the pub across the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭lemonjelly

Put 4 rashers on a plate, sprinkle them with cayenne pepper, microwave them for 5 minutes and enjoy with bread. Dip the bread in the juices and there you have a champion drunken supper in 5 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Kebab House,

Lower Dominick Street, Galway City.

Large Curry Cheese Chips* with garlic sauce all over them and a Monster* Burger with everything on it except tomato.

Chips are extremely thick!
    Monster Burger is 3 quarter pounders.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Steyr wrote: »
    Kebab House,

Lower Dominick Street, Galway City.

Large Curry Cheese Chips* with garlic sauce all over them and a Monster* Burger with everything on it except tomato.

Chips are extremely thick!
    Monster Burger is 3 quarter pounders.

I'm off to Galway in a few weeks time ... I will have to check this out.

Purely for scientific reasons of course.

The things I do for science :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Oh curry cheese chips

or Abra Taco fries

or in the student days 4 of us, a full loaf of bread toasted with whatever we could find in the fridge/press. I remember sweetcorn and salad cream being a good combo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

trout wrote: »
    I'm off to Galway in a few weeks time ... I will have to check this out.

PM myself or Ken ( Karl Hungus ) we can meet ya for a pint if your around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

To be honest my taste varies depending how drunk I am. Last time I was out it was Burger King so I must have been slaughtered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Anybody know enda's in galway?
    Best rolls in the world,keep the deli open pure late.
    I like my 2x chicken fillet roll with sweetcorn cheese and curry sauce myself. Beauty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Need2Know4Sure

Curry Chip on the way home.

Then anything onve im in the door...Mostly Crisps, Biscuits, Apple Tart, Ice Cream.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭SarahMs

after ' the shepards pie incident' where myslef and the OH ate an entire shepards pie and choc cake that my mam had made and that she was supposed to bring somewhere the next day. she was not impressed and now if we are staying in my parents house, she leaves food out for us so we don't have a repeat!

Advertisement