Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Drunken Dish

Options
  • 24-01-2010 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

When i arrive home i always feel peckish and need something to eat as most people do.....i used to go for a toasted cheese sandwhich but now i find my self attempting to create a 3 egg omlette with ham,(lots of) cheese,tomato and onion then 2 slices of toast and a big jug of milk.....i wake up in the morning to find buts of tomato and onion all over the kitchen and the pan is usually burnt to sh1t, still is some feast though......any one else have there favourite drunken dish so?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Who_owns_this?

When I lived in England, I was right beside a 24 hour Tesco. When I stagged back from the pub I used to call in and get sushi from the discount counter. Loads of raw tuna for £1.99!
    Now there's no 24 hour Tesco and it's back to microwave pasta for me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Completely off topic-ish, but the subject of drunken late night food reminded me of a great story.

Buddy of mine told me how a good few years ago he once woke up on the couch at home after a night out, nothing unusual there, nor that he had brought home his usual snack box from the local chippers.

What was unusual was what sat on his chest when he opened his eyes(don't worry it's BGRH not after hours :D). Now we've all seen the remains of a snack box from the night before, bits of chicken, bones a few chips etc.

Except in this case as he told me rather sheepishly, all that remained of his midnight three in the morning feast, was the box and nothing else. He had eaten everything, bones, the greaseproof paper that lined the box hell even part of the box. I still smile everytime I see or have a snack box myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 KingKiller

Sirsok wrote: »
    When i arrive home i always feel peckish and need something to eat as most people do.....i used to go for a toasted cheese sandwhich but now i find my self attempting to create a 3 egg omlette with ham,(lots of) cheese,tomato and onion then 2 slices of toast and a big jug of milk.....i wake up in the morning to find buts of tomato and onion all over the kitchen and the pan is usually burnt to sh1t, still is some feast though......any one else have there favourite drunken dish so?
    A 3 egg omlette, that's a feast. I love Kebabs or Chicken currry when I'm on the lash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Kormeera X

a 4 in 1 or kebab. or maybe even indian!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭gar120

mine used to be a garlic and cheese chips from the local takeaway with a tub of curry sauce poured on top.

oh the things our stomach craves when we are out on the lash!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

im off the gargle since new years but i loved an indian or a fry up at an all night diner in town

• Registered Users Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Indian curry, absolutely nothing comes close.

Prob a chicken tikka or meat bhuna. mmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sammyb

curry chips and cheese ... class.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    Except in this case as he told me rather sheepishly, all that remained of his midnight three in the morning feast, was the box and nothing else. He had eaten everything, bones, the greaseproof paper that lined the box hell even part of the box. I still smile everytime I see or have a snack box myself.

Classy guy. That's really quite impressive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

My old favourite is a snack box with a tub of curry but recently I've turned to going to a fish shop and getting deep fried scampi and garlic chips.

Makes me want to head for a few this evening and divulge in one of them!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭RocketRonnie

sammyb wrote: »

I like your style :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

sammyb wrote: »
    Add a portion of chicken balls to that and you're there!!

I have to make do with Poutine over here....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Kebab and chips with a barrel of milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Everett

+1 on kebab

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Total cliché doner kebab! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Nice greasy chips with chicken breast always leaves me satisfied after a good night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

sprinkles wrote: »
    Add a portion of chicken balls to that and you're there!!

I have to make do with Poutine over here....

I frickin love Poutine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Especially from Hooters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 tenenbaum

has to be a 4 in one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

3-in-1 from the local Chinese :D

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thekid9

Breast in a bun wit stuffing cheese + mayo + chicken goujons.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Nothing beats a foot long sub after a night on the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I will eat anything after a night on the batter. I have found myself eating things that I wouldn't look twice at normally.

But a chicken kebab always hits the spot. I've had one before going out and then got one on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Omelettes are great for the hangover , I do like cheese on toast too. For a while there when I was on the tear alot if I didn't wake up with a random man I woke up with a bag with magazines and sweets in it. Its like I was making up for the lack of sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭silver_surfer

Curry chips and quarter pounder is my usual on the way home, kebab the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

Friend of mines brother used to get a nine inch pizza and then go down to the Chinese and get a 3 in 1. When he got home would pour the 3 in 1 on top of the pizza, roll it up and eat it!! Only when your sauced i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 limerickgal89

A curry chip with cheese or vegetarian szechuan :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

tenenbaum wrote: »
    has to be a 4 in one!
    I know and love the 3-in-1 but what's the extra component of the 4-in-1?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭daithi09

Chicken tikka masala, sweet and garlic naan, pilau rice and two cans of coke.. I;m getting Hungary now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Use to love burger king on grafton street after a night out get a double bacon cheese burger, chips and coke all supersized! Never eat the **** unless hammered.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭fuelinjection

Eddie Rocket's chicken wings with hot sauce all over it. mmmmmmmmmm
    And chilli cheese fries.
    Oh man I can taste it now .... so tasty and also good for you at the same time.
    All of your major food groups are represented there.

Advertisement