Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pretty Little Liars - ABC Family [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

To be honest, I though the episode was complete shite.
    The writer and cast had said how the show was going to be different from the books, and A wouldn't be the same as the books...it was exactly the same..everything down to how Mona was revealed as A! They also made it so obvious it was her over the last couple of eps with all the screentime they gave her. I thought that was just to make people think it was her, but we would all be shocked when the true person was revealed.

I really wanted it to be Ezra to be honest. That would have been a great reveal. When he took off his mask I was thinking BOO-YA! because the episode is called unmasked..but it wasn't him.

Did anyone else notice the girl in the red dress lurking around in the background during the dance? She seemed to stand out a lot..not sure if it was intentional or not..

I have a feeling they're going to run with the twin storyline now, and Allisons twin will be part of the A team/possibly the leader/header of it.

Overall, disappointing and after watching the show for nearly two years I feel let down!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

dee. wrote: »
    The writer and cast had said how the show was going to be different from the books, and A wouldn't be the same as the books...it was exactly the same..everything down to how Mona was revealed as A! They also made it so obvious it was her over the last couple of eps with all the screentime they gave her. I thought that was just to make people think it was her, but we would all be shocked when the true person was revealed.

I really wanted it to be Ezra to be honest. That would have been a great reveal. When he took off his mask I was thinking BOO-YA! because the episode is called unmasked..but it wasn't him.

Did anyone else notice the girl in the red dress lurking around in the background during the dance? She seemed to stand out a lot..not sure if it was intentional or not..

I have a feeling they're going to run with the twin storyline now, and Allisons twin will be part of the A team/possibly the leader/header of it.

Overall, disappointing and after watching the show for nearly two years I feel let down!

Wasn't the blonde girl in the red dress the girl at the dance who sent a text from her phone to Aria's by the look of it? It showed her from behind peering down at them so it made it out to seem like she was part of the A Team..

Also in the books, I think Mona died? when they found out she was A and fell off the cliff, so it must be different from the books?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

I have to say I'm really disappointed by the episode. I expected that it would end up being more than one person, but I realise now the writers have absolutely no clue as to what they are doing. I read an interview that said they only decided who A was at the beginning of the second season. This really annoys me, as I think they should have known A from the start to give it better direction and clues. This whole "A Team" thing is really frustrating and sounds like something thrown together at the last thing. And the Ezria kiss was just stupid, did they really just openly kiss at a school function with nobody noticing...? Finally did no one else just assume the girl in the black dress was Melissa, it looked exactly like her.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trendy88

I think my disappointment mainly stems from the fact that they decided to go the same way as the books- kinda seems lazy. Like I've known all along how the books played out so I was hoping for something different but I just wasn't at all surprised in the end.

Saying that-there is plenty of mystery to keep me tuning in.
    Who Killed Maya? Who killed Alison? Is Mona Really A or is she just someones Minion?

I read somewhere that Season 3 will kick off 6 months after the events in the finale. Not a huge fan of this idea-Time Jumps never seem to work in tv shows-seem a kind of easy tool for the writers to get a carte Blanche on the storyline.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I watched episode 23/24 and 25 last night.....tbh, no shockers, i knew for several episodes Mona was -A, because i could see the producers tryna pull a bluff with all the recent -A activity directed her away, i knew they were trying to distract the viewer into thinking she wasn't -A

As for Maya....i knew she be dead also, it just seemed too obvious when she disappeared, and the texts Emily got smelled like -A, but i must praise the finale as it was like a movie!

It felt like a 50's film noire, the wipes, the edits, the Bates Motel ripoff/homage. Janel Parrish really impressed me with her acting, she showed a ton of range here as opposed to anything upto this point.....she's a good little actress!

With her upped to series regular for season 3 + in the looney bin i expect lots of creepy hospital visits, flashbacks and -A Team meetings in the future :-)

Season 2B has beeen terrific overall, the wrting and shockers/twists/reveals have been much better then season 2A, which i thought was quite poor.

I'm giving the finale 4/5 simply because there was no real shockers per Mona etc. - Mona was -A in the books + the end suggests again they ARE going down the twin route!

It's either Courtney being Alison or vice versa, Jennna....not blind!, haha....i knew it but they way they did that scene at her sitting at the dressing table was superb, extremly well done!

I jumped a few times in that creepy doll hospital, overall great stuff those last three eps.!

trendy88 wrote: »
    I think my disappointment mainly stems from the fact that they decided to go the same way as the books- kinda seems lazy. Like I've known all along how the books played out so I was hoping for something different but I just wasn't at all surprised in the end.

Saying that-there is plenty of mystery to keep me tuning in.
    Who Killed Maya? Who killed Alison? Is Mona Really A or is she just someones Minion?

I read somewhere that Season 3 will kick off 6 months after the events in the finale. Not a huge fan of this idea-Time Jumps never seem to work in tv shows-seem a kind of easy tool for the writers to get a carte Blanche on the storyline.

^ yes, i agee having Mona as -A was kinda lazy, but as Marlene King said....it made sense/logical. While it wasn't a huge shocker/reveal it did at least make sense for it to be Mona, but of course we know there is more then one -A, it seems Team -A is Melissa/Jenna/Lucas/Ian/Mona/Garrett etc.

_Bella_ wrote: »
    I have to say I'm really disappointed by the episode. I expected that it would end up being more than one person, but I realise now the writers have absolutely no clue as to what they are doing. I read an interview that said they only decided who A was at the beginning of the second season. This really annoys me, as I think they should have known A from the start to give it better direction and clues. This whole "A Team" thing is really frustrating and sounds like something thrown together at the last thing. And the Ezria kiss was just stupid, did they really just openly kiss at a school function with nobody noticing...? Finally did no one else just assume the girl in the black dress was Melissa, it looked exactly like her.

From the very start i think most people concluded that -A was more then one person, it would have been impossible for Mona to have done everything and been everywhere that related to -A, but i accept the "making it up as we go along" thing, alot of shows do that.

Lucas on the -A Team huh?.....and Meliisa and (not blind) Jenna ;)

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Jesus Christ. That was intense. And confusing.

I'm going to give people a grace period to see it and then we can discuss it properly. All I can say is, there was a "jump" moment which made me drop a sandwich. God damn you, A! :pac:

Aye...i needed time to catch up ;) - ep. 24 made me jump more then the finale, jaysus....the doll hospital was freaky and creepy as hell!, i'm a 39-year-old male and i jumped a few times and was clutching the remote.......:(

:D

• Advertisement

Noelly wrote: »
    Ooh yeah! That bit was very weird alright! :D I'm just so curious about
    the girl as the black swan, and who Jenna met and gave the hoodie thing too. Wasn't Mona because the hoodie was grey with blotches of colour in it, I was looking out for it all the episode but didn't spot it anywhere. :eek:

I think Melissa took the gun, gave it to Jenna who gave it to someone else, we're supossed to think Mona but the figure looked like a male, maybe Lucas?

I get where you're coming from. I purposely try to avoid reading any publicity for shows because this is always happening. You'll see fans of The Killing frothing at the mouth on this forum about a similar thing, promised something and not given it.

Because I didn't have the expectation that all would be revealed, I quite enjoyed it. It felt like the show had come back to life a bit, it's been so listless the last while. It was like they'd been saving up all this action for this particular episode.

It raised a lot of questions. The following is speculation, don't read unless you've seen the episode.
    Was Alison actually the beginning of this or was she just one of the few people who said no to A? How could a group like this operate in a town as small as Rosewood? What are their aims: are they criminals, blackmailers, some kind of sect? They were obviously working for a while before Alison copped it. What's the motivation for being in the A-team, what rewards does it bring? There has to be a reward in it, there can't be that many psychopaths in a small town who just do it for the craic. It seems like this could just be the beginning.
    So many questions! And I haven't even really addressed what happened in the ep.

^ valid points, we still don't know the motives of Team -A, what they are trying to protect, it's weird because Garrett was on the -A Team but Jenna and Mona shafted him and set him up for the killing of Alison :confused:

I assume Mona planted Garretts badge outside the house, Jenna handed over page 5....it is all very confusing tbh, but thats part of the fun,

It's a silly show when you break it down, alot of plot points don't make sense nor are actions and motivations explanined, but it's a fun ride! :P

dee. wrote: »

I too noticed red dress girl!!!....i thought it was intentional also, i actually thought it was Alison or Courtney!! :eek:

100% agree about the twin route, the end seems to indicate this + other hints along the way.

Noelly wrote: »
    Wasn't the blonde girl in the red dress the girl at the dance who sent a text from her phone to Aria's by the look of it? It showed her from behind peering down at them so it made it out to seem like she was part of the A Team..

Also in the books, I think Mona died? when they found out she was A and fell off the cliff, so it must be different from the books?

^ no...the girl texting Aria was Jenna, not red dress girl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

How about
    Maya being dead
    ? Personally, I thought that was fairly obvious with the way things were being shown. Just adds to the confusion, really.

How about
    Maya being dead
    ? Personally, I thought that was fairly obvious with the way things were being shown. Just adds to the confusion, really.

Agree....not only that but they brought Lindsay Shaw back in + the texts Emily got screamed -A, she was getting on a bus and then got into a car...Garrett anyone?

Was way too obvious, same with Mona....the writers/producers insulted their audiences intelligence by suddenly having Mona be harrased by -A, they telegraphed five episodes back who -A was going to be :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trendy88

The A mystery for me is kinda gone a bit stale-we knew it would be mona and most probably she is involved with Alison/Courtney(as per the books)-makes sense Mona spends her whole life wanting to be friends with alison and along comes the twin who pays attention to her.

The who/why alison was killed and how that plays out is more intriguing for me at the minute. What the hell was on that missing autopsy repost page?

I agree it was fairly obvious Maya was dead but the why still alludes me. Also how did her body turn up at emilys?

I wont lie, I'm still hooked.

Kirsty in Columbia, S.C.: Missing Pretty Little Liars sooooo much! Please tell me you have scoop on next season. (P.S. When is it coming back?)
    We don't have that long to wait until we see the A Team tormenting the little pretties: Pretty Little Liars' third season premieres June 5, and the gang just started filming—an Ezria scene!—yesterday. "I think it's going to be very, very exciting," Troian Bellisario dished to us about the new storyline. "It's very frightening to be stalked by somebody you don't know, but then to understand who your worst enemy [is]"—Mona, revealed in the season-two finale—"is just a whole new world of terror for the girls. Then there is still the mystery of what happened to Alison—this doesn't solve anything." Lucy Hale offered us another teaser: "[Showrunner] Marlene [King] told us we're going to be in a bikini in the first episode back!" Ezria and bikinis?! Can Rosewood stand the heat?

^ source: eonline.

S03E03 - Kingdom of the Blind TBA
    S03E02 - Blood Is The New Black TBA
    S03E01 - It happened "that night" 5th Jun 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

I have just finished season 2 and Im amazed!
    What does everybody else think?

I also cried at the end :P

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭conorburke2011

I started watching PLL like a month ago, and I goot caught up with it and watched the season finale last night. I really don't know what to think - so
    Mona's on the "A" team, but she's not actually "A"?
    Am I right?

• Advertisement

Although it was revealed in the Season 2 finale that
    Mona was "A", "A" technically wasn't revealed. Am I right?
    I've been reading some blogs etc. online and some viewers are convinced that
    Mona is "A" although that's clearly not the case judging by the last scene in the episode.
    Am I right here, or am I just completley wrong? Someone explain, sometimes this show really f***s with my head.
    The way I see it is that Mona is apart of this "A-Team", but she is not the main "A"- more like an accomplice or something.
    Would I be right? And is anyone also thinking that
    Melissa could be the black swan?

100% Right Conor! :D
    I have to admit on episode 25 of Season 2 I did cry :) Youll understand when you see it but its terrible sad at the end! I dont have the ABC channel so ive been watching online for weeeks now! Who did you think was actually A? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭_LilyRose_

I watch it online too...the ending was sad but for some reason
    I was more upset by emily crying than the fact that maya's probably dead...I just never liked her for some reason..

I thought the finale was really good but tbh the second last episode was by far the creepiest!

The entertainment website wetpaint has loads of articles and theories about the show!

I completely agree LilyRose! That was the reason I cryed too, the expression on her face was just so heartbreaking it made me roar crying i wasnt even crying because of what happened. She deserves an award for the performance. So who do you think the other A's are? Apparently the books are way off than the show :)

I dunno..possibly someone we haven't met yet..? But I have a feeling Jenna's not involved with the A-Team.. I think she is up to something, though.

I don't think
    the Black Swan's face looked like Melissa
    ...but you'd never know...

Holden disappeared off the face of the earth, annoyingly...

I think it was Jackie ;)

The Black Swan has to be
    melissa.
    It looked exactly like her in the ball thing, and if you look closely at the scene where they discover Maya's body, there's a quick reaction shot of her. I thought they pinned it on Mona way too easily though- her character was being used way more in the final 5 episodes of the season than before. Way too obvious, imo. A lot of people seem to think "A" is
    Aria
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

A lot of people seem to think "A" is
    Aria

They're all wrong, that would make no sense!

I was actually thinking that this new season was crap but after watching the last 5 or so episodes I'm back into it again, can't wait for more! :pac:

A lot of people seem to think "A" is
    Aria

I don't think so but her dress at the masquerade ball- RED stripes, BLACK GLOVES...creepy.

Some people think the Black Swan is
    Ashley Marin
    , and I think that it did look most like her face...but I think it would be stupid if she was evil, so I'm saying that Lucas, Jenna (I don't think she's bad but she is up to something) and the Black Swan
    (if it's Hanna's mom)
    are trying to help the Liars or something...

And what's the story with Toby and Dr. Sullivan?? I read somewhere that the name of the person who taught Helen Keller to read braille was Anne Sullivan. Coincidence? She's totally A.

• Advertisement

It could be Hannas mom! :O In the books alison hasa twin called courtney and they swapped places before alison was murdered so it was actually courtney that was murdered and its alson sending the texts cause she has courtneys diary

;)

Advertisement