Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Addicted to Fragger.

Reminds me of Angry Birds!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

gbee wrote: »
    I don't think the iP4 has an FM radio receiver for listening to broadcast radio. It has one for another reason, like your SatNav picks up traffic signals.

If that's the case, has anyone in the Cydia world hacked into the FM receiver and created an app for FM radio stations?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

anyone any recommendations for an app that makes your iPhone a wireless router, without having to jailbreak?!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Gaolcon

ye ive had probs with this aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

bc dub wrote: »
    anyone any recommendations for an app that makes your iPhone a wireless router, without having to jailbreak?!

Nothing exists yet but 4.3 is due in the next few weeks which will have the option.

You'll probably have to pay extra for the privilege though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Don't know if I mentioned this already but sniper vs sniper is amazingly addictive!!! The online play is great. If Anybody gets it, add me as a friend and we'll have a shoot out. Haven't seen another Irish person online yet. The Koreans are the best, I've yet to beat one.
    Anyone interested???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭daithi2011

If I was to jailbreak, would my iPhone stay the way it is now for apps.

What I mean is would i have to go and buy apps all over again and is there a chance that my phone setup would be ruined and I couldnt restore it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

daithi2011 wrote: »
    If I was to jailbreak, would my iPhone stay the way it is now for apps.

What I mean is would i have to go and buy apps all over again and is there a chance that my phone setup would be ruined and I couldnt restore it?

A simple restore will get your factory settings back with no trace that the phone was ever JBd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭daithi2011

keane2097 wrote: »
    A simple restore will get your factory settings back with no trace that the phone was ever JBd.

Thanks i'll give it a go

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

anyone know of an app for the luas realtime /next luas' per stop information thats now available? I see there is a android app, the website doesn't appear to work in safari on the iphone at least for me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Anyone think its gone a bit slow on the aul app front lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

galaxy on fire 2...!

daft name, but great game :) those of you who enjoyed space miner, I'd highly recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

barryd09 wrote: »
    Anyone think its gone a bit slow on the aul app front lately?

Ok so- Shibuya. great game. falling blocks, you have to get blocks of the same colour next to each other. not a great description but a great game.

stumbleupon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 DiscoChats

other than games,anything else worthwhile?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

check out Tasty planet it's not free but it's pretty good

Whats the story with skyfire?is it worth a purchase?
    I see rte player isnt supported,what IS supported?
    Would love to see/know some of the sites showing football supported (atdhe.net in particular)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭James2693

DiscoChats wrote: »
    Whats the story with skyfire?is it worth a purchase?
    I see rte player isnt supported,what IS supported?
    Would love to see/know some of the sites showing football supported (atdhe.net in particular)

Try veetle.com through safari. Just as good as atdhe.net shows all the football :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

For all us who havent been to confession in years,the catholic church have released a confession app

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Just wondering is there an app to play music on my car stereo using a Bluetooth connection? The FM transmitters are terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Shifty11

The skyfire app is alright. Good for streaming matches on ustream etc. It would be brilliant if it could access RTE player but unfortunately it can't at the moment. Needs updating quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Shifty11

Id also recommend two other apps:
    Tango - allows you to 'facetime' both iOS users and Android users over WiFi and 3G. Very handy.
    VLC - Handy for any videos downloaded eg torrents. Any video file can be used no need to convert into QuickTime files. Possibly might have been removed from AppStore. Not sure.

James2693 wrote: »
    Try veetle.com through safari. Just as good as atdhe.net shows all the football :)

really???is veetle not flash based?
    i find that adthe is reliable as hell,streams rarely go down in my experience.
    Shifty11 wrote: »
    The skyfire app is alright. Good for streaming matches on ustream etc. It would be brilliant if it could access RTE player but unfortunately it can't at the moment. Needs updating quickly.

so for the purpose of watching live football streamed to my phone,skyfire is worth the download?
    Shifty11 wrote: »
    VLC - Handy for any videos downloaded eg torrents. Any video file can be used no need to convert into QuickTime files. Possibly might have been removed from AppStore. Not sure.

x2 on vlc.it has been removed from the app store but its available directly from the developers website AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

DiscoChats wrote: »
    really???is veetle not flash based?
    i find that adthe is reliable as hell,streams rarely go down in my experience.

so for the purpose of watching live football streamed to my phone,skyfire is worth the download?

Usteam is iphone friendly so you don't need skyfire for it. Veetle too, and it's great.

I checked the site you linked to on skyfire, it seems to have been seized and taken down all together I'm afraid . Hate when that happens!

I have Skyfire and I find it absolutely useless to be honest. Even some of the sites it advertises that it works with don't work. Megavideo and any other free streaming sites I've come across have not worked with it. The singular positive experience I've had with it is that it allows you watch BBC iplayer without a proxy since an update last week. I imagine that will change though . I find it's choppy and not great quality too. I really wouldn't bother if I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

If you like game development simulator games, this is THE game to get.

Got the lite version last night and played through about 3 times, when i finished the 3rd game it was about half 1 and i had to play more. I decided to wait until this morning or i wouldnt get any sleep! :p

Game Dev Story

Used to be 3 euro and now down to 79c.

Whats great too is that it plays as you play, theres no annoying push notifications that try and get you back into the game when you dont want to/cant.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

Hi guys.

What's with the eBook apps? I have lots of eBook files on my HDD, any way to transfer these to my iPhone? (.cfm, HTML etc).

Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Anyone able to get latest release books on iBooks?
    Looks like only classics available but I'm probably doing something simple wrong

Crasp wrote: »
    Hi guys.

What's with the eBook apps? I have lots of eBook files on my HDD, any way to transfer these to my iPhone? (.cfm, HTML etc).

Any recommendations?

Go into iTunes, connect your iPhone.
    Under your apps page (where you can arrange your apps/delete eye) scroll down and you will see file sharing, below that is Apps and documents.

Your ebook app (books/kobo or whatever) should be there. Click on it and then the right box will allow you to find files to transfer into your app.
    Simples :)

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

CMpunked wrote: »
    Go into iTunes, connect your iPhone.
    Under your apps page (where you can arrange your apps/delete eye) scroll down and you will see file sharing, below that is Apps and documents.

Your ebook app (books/kobo or whatever) should be there. Click on it and then the right box will allow you to find files to transfer into your app.
    Simples :)

Thanks! The only thing is I don't have a reader app! But the process you describe is exactly what I'm looking for, so what eBook apps will appear here and let me transfer the files to the phone?

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cotts

NOVA 2 IS 79c TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Crasp wrote: »
    Thanks! The only thing is I don't have a reader app! But the process you describe is exactly what I'm looking for, so what eBook apps will appear here and let me transfer the files to the phone?

Thanks again.

I have kobo, I have maybe 3 files on it. The rest of them are PDF so I use iBooks.
    Theres a good few free ones out. Either of those, (and any others I'd assume) use that process I said.

Advertisement