Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Anyone know of a good (free) online poker app?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭mcdoogle

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Anyone know of a good (free) online poker app?

WSOP - world series poker is ok for a free game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

logitech touch mouse

great app, allows you to use your iphone as a wireless touch pad/keyboard for your laptop

http://www.logitech.com/touchmouse download software here

and the app off the app store tis free

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭guil

the novelty wears off quick

not sure if i mentioned it but pixelpipe is good, it uploads in hd to facebook or youtube or wherever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Just downloaded "Movies" from the American app store. Don't think its available in the Irish one. Its just trailers of upcoming movies and release dates but movie buffs might enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Has anyone played The Incident? Gruber mentioned it on his blog a while ago. It looks interesting but there are no reviews yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Has anyone played The Incident? Gruber mentioned it on his blog a while ago. It looks interesting but there are no reviews yet.

I have been playing it. It's good fun if a little repetitive. Always a bit of a laugh when you see the description of what killed you each time. I love the retro look to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Anyone know the app for free wifi? Found one but its the US version only

dessid but it only works on eircom wep wifi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

guil wrote: »

Handy job though, pity it only works on eircom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

how does that work? free wi-fi?

it creates a wep for unsecured eircom routers based on the ssid, its useless really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

it creates a wep for unsecured eircom routers based on the ssid, its useless really

It's far from useless... Have used this to great effect numerous times.

I didn't update to the newer version though which I believe doesn't past the WEP into your clipboard (open to correction on that though)

it still pastes the code but sometimes scan isnt always available, someone posted why in a thread but i cant remember the reason

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Scan is only available if there are wifi networks available :) it only appears then.

On newer routers, eircom use a different form of security, so it only works on older ones. Soooooo handy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

PingChat2, an iPhone to iPhone messenger that has a facility to send video and pictures. Basicly a free MMS service to any of your contacts as long as they have it on their iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

EirText is a must.

Just about to ask about this. Their information on the app store isn't great to understand.

I'm on vodafone, if I use eirtext can I use it to send my 600 webtexts? That's all I care for:)

yes u can

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

aye thanks, having trouble with it recognising my account though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

dan185 wrote: »
    Just about to ask about this. Their information on the app store isn't great to understand.

I'm on vodafone, if I use eirtext can I use it to send my 600 webtexts? That's all I care for:)

Whats the best strategy for using this

im on 3 with 150 free txts plus 150 flex mins (essentially 100 mins talk 100 txts) and 2gb data

So , if at home on wifi use eirtext and if out and about use flex mins or add on or use part of my 2gb data and send from that ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

dario28 wrote: »
    Whats the best strategy for using this

im on 3 with 150 free txts plus 150 flex mins (essentially 100 mins talk 100 txts) and 2gb data

So , if at home on wifi use eirtext and if out and about use flex mins or add on or use part of my 2gb data and send from that ?
    Use Eirtext, or Jelly SMS, to send your 333 webtexts per month, regardless as to whether or not you are on wifi or 3G, and save your flexiunits.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

This is the app I've been waiting for 'Libox'

LIBOX lets you enjoy your entire collection of HD video, photos and music on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. Instantly sync, share and view your photos and videos across all your devices, and take them with you anywhere. No more waiting until you get home to upload.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/libox/id370837656?mt=8

Tested it at work tonite works great

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

naasrd wrote: »
    PingChat2, an iPhone to iPhone messenger that has a facility to send video and pictures. Basicly a free MMS service to any of your contacts as long as they have it on their iPhone.

Great spot man. Myself and my friends were exchanging pics from our nite out just there. Got them all to download it. Very handy app.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pjhamill

Sky Mobile app.Watch sport on it all the time.8 euro a month is a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,425 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Sickipedia....was laughing my ass off in word today for about an hour reading some of the jokes in it :D

Angry Birds is brill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

pjhamill wrote: »
    Sky Mobile app.Watch sport on it all the time.8 euro a month is a bargain.

You think thats a bargain?

Hogzy wrote: »
    You think thats a bargain?

Yes because it's not a contract.So you don't need to pay every month.You think 8 euro is bad? 54 Euro on iPad every month.Now that's a rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

pjhamill wrote:
    Any one used tune in radio?

Yes, I have it. Works great. As good as if not better than wunderradio

• Advertisement

jakdublin wrote: »
    Yes, I have it. Works great. As good as if not better than wunderradio

Ye but tune in radio doesn't have Newstalk

Advertisement