Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

Does anyone know of a good app for the Fantasy Football League? There was a great one for last year but it's not around this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Sonovagun wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a good app for the Fantasy Football League? There was a great one for last year but it's not around this year!

I have FFM, but it's pretty crap to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Just created a US itunes account, dragon dictation is free and very cool.

Anything else worthwhile on the US store?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

funkyflea wrote: »

Dragon Search is pretty good.
    Also Discovery channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Sonovagun wrote: »

Was just gonna ask the same. There's 2 Apps available but they're not free. Anybody use either?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Hoins

Drop box is reall handy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I got dragon dictation today and I'm really disappointed. It isn't recognising much I say to it at all. I have no real accent (honestly) and I am clear spoken.

I have an ipod touch.
    Are other mics better for it that the original Apple one ? Or does it just work better with male voices ? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Hoins

How did u set up an American Acc?

Hoins wrote: »
    How did u set up an American Acc?

1. Launch iTunes
    2. Log out of your account
    3. Scroll down the iTunes page and hit the flag on the right
    4. Select your country of interest
    5. Try to buy a random FREE app
    6. iTunes will ask you for your credentials, hit open a new account
    7. Accept the terms
    8. Enter a valid email, pick a password and so on. Hit next
    9. Select “none” as the payment method. Then fill in the form with some random address in the country you picked (Google maps is your friend)
    For the US for example, you might want to use Jobs’ home address: 432 Santa Rita Ave*Palo Alto, CA 94301. Phone number:*818-3039483
    10. Finalize & click the validation link in your email

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭turnsoutIwas

Been meaning to set that up. Perfect instructions.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

Try HBO and the Bing app

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FC83061

1. Launch iTunes
    2. Log out of your account
    3. Scroll down the iTunes page and hit the flag on the right
    4. Select your country of interest
    5. Try to buy a random FREE app
    6. iTunes will ask you for your credentials, hit open a new account
    7. Accept the terms
    8. Enter a valid email, pick a password and so on. Hit next
    9. Select “none” as the payment method. Then fill in the form with some random address in the country you picked (Google maps is your friend)
    For the US for example, you might want to use Jobs’ home address: 432 Santa Rita Ave*Palo Alto, CA 94301. Phone number:*818-3039483
    10. Finalize & click the validation link in your email

I left a post here about trying to set-up a US itunes (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66126942). I'm following the steps above to the letter, but keep getting "Your credit card was declined. Please enter valid credit card information"

Any suggestions to get around would be appreciated. I'd really like to get my hands on a good few free apps that are only available in US.

FC83061 wrote: »
    I left a post here about trying to set-up a US itunes (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66126942). I'm following the steps above to the letter, but keep getting "Your credit card was declined. Please enter valid credit card information"

Any suggestions to get around would be appreciated. I'd really like to get my hands on a good few free apps that are only available in US.

Are you entering credit card information ? Because you shouldn't be. In the payment section you should be clicking "none".

Are you sure that you are attempting to "purchase" a free app rather than a paid for one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Tried it myself and Im getting the same reply.

Are you entering credit card information ? Because you shouldn't be. In the payment section you should be clicking "none".

Are you sure that you are attempting to "purchase" a free app rather than a paid for one ?

As I said, I followed the procedure to the letter. I sent up an new email account (so it wasn't the same as my Irish itunes Apple ID), got a address and phone number based in US off the internet, attempted to download a free app from us itunes, selected create apple ID, selected payment method "none" and then put in the address and phone number that I got off the internet. It won't process and I kept getting that my credit card was declined.

I'm not sure why it won't work. A good few people online seem to be getting the same rejection message beginning since ~Jun/Jul. If you can still set one up, I'd be really grateful if you could do it for me and PM the details.

I'm not sure why it won't work. A good few people online seem to be getting the same rejection message beginning since ~Jun/Jul. If you can still set one up, I'd be really grateful if you could do it for me and PM the details.

Well I can't spot what you're doing wrong in that case. I'd love to help but I don't know what the problem is.

I opened my account maybe in June I think and the instructions above worked fine for me. Perhaps it could be something to do with your version of itunes ?

I am using an older version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

I just tried it there, I got the option to select none.

Try this link any follow every step. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2534

I'm using iTunes version 9.2

Regards,
    BobbyT

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭turnsoutIwas

Well I can't spot what you're doing wrong in that case. I'd love to help but I don't know what the problem is.

I opened my account maybe in June I think and the instructions above worked fine for me. Perhaps it could be something to do with your version of itunes ?

I am using an older version.

I'm using the new version of itunes and did this yesterday. As I said it worked perfectly for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I'm using the new version of itunes and did this yesterday. As I said it worked perfectly for me...

yeah it worked fine for me as well.

I just don't get. I'm following all the steps properly per apple's and everybody's advice and still getting this "your credit card was declined" message. It's driving me mad as I'm selecting payment method none so it makes no sense for it to be rejecting with this message!!

Sweet baby jesus... If anybody can figure it out or sign me up and PM me the details, you would be a legend

P.S. I'm using itunes 9.2.1.4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I downloaded Dragon Dictionary, must say I am well impressed. Sure it doesn't recognize everything but it's making my life a hell of alot easier! Thanks Guys :-)

Anyone know anymore cool US apps?

http://appshopper.com/iphone/free/

Meant to say this earlier and seeing as this is a thread for apps, you should check out this link. It updates daily with news of apps that have been reduce in price (mostly to free) in the app store. V. handy. I've been picking up mtrip city guides for free the last week (today it's Barcelona).

(Just a reminder, please help me with my US itunes issue if you can. Cheers)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭CortezTheKiller

Can anyone recommend a language translation app for iPhone (specifically French) that doesn't require a Wi-Fi/3G connection?

I have the iTranslate app which is very good, but is online only - not much good if I don't want a huge roaming bill when I come home!

Thanks

I downloaded Dragon Dictionary, must say I am well impressed. Sure it doesn't recognize everything but it's making my life a hell of alot easier! Thanks Guys :-)

Anyone know anymore cool US apps?

yeah it has difficulty with my cork accent but its not bad. i tried downloading pandora radio but when i set up an account its say not available in this country. did anyone here get it to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

What's the most basic football manager fans for the iPhone. Dint want the likes of cm or fm as it's too in depth for the iPhone. Just a basic, pick a team, few tactics, try win a league. Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭OCD

yeah it has difficulty with my cork accent but its not bad. i tried downloading pandora radio but when i set up an account its say not available in this country. did anyone here get it to work?

you'll need a US VPN to trick pandora into thinking your iphone is located in the US. Get one from BlackVPN or the like.

I have it working and it's excellent. Works over 3g too.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

EirText is a must.

OCD wrote: »
    you'll need a US VPN to trick pandora into thinking your iphone is located in the US. Get one from BlackVPN or the like.

I have it working and it's excellent. Works over 3g too.

do you have to pay for blackvpn or is there a way around it?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭OCD

do you have to pay for blackvpn or is there a way around it?

Not sure if there's a free VPN service available but it's only €5 per month. Means you can watch ABC too.

If anyone has a way to use netflix it would be awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

I have a US Itunes account, however I do not use a credit card because my cc is registered in Ireland. So I buy itunes vouchers off a supplier in the states. Never had a problem and mainly use it for my apple tv.

Advertisement