Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing "it" in the parents house....

Options
  • 20-01-2010 3:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Recently i starting seeing a guy ive know for a few years, Im 20 and he's 19. We slept together in each other houses (both living at home) and tried (and failed) to sneak out in the morning, the thing is our parents have both said they are completly "cool" with it. I just feel really bad/embarassed about the whole thing though, i think its a bit disrespectful to be "at it" in the house...

What do you think, have times changed, Are parents allowing their kids to do this now, no way would it have happened "back in the day"

:eek:

Would you feel comfortable with your kids having "sleep overs"? 175 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    19% 34 votes
    If they were in a long-term relationship
    16% 28 votes
    Seperate rooms
    49% 86 votes
    I would kick them out the door before they had their socks on
    15% 27 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Recently i starting seeing a guy ive know for a few years, Im 20 and he's 19. We slept together in each other houses (both living at home) and tried (and failed) to sneak out in the morning, the thing is our parents have both said they are completly "cool" with it. I just feel really bad/embarassed about the whole thing though, i think its a bit disrespectful to be "at it" in the house...

What do you think, have times changed, Are parents allowing their kids to do this now, no way would it have happened "back in the day"

Sex outside marriage?

Obviously you're both going to hell so nothing I can say will help.

Enjoy your eternal damnation. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

If they are cool with it why not see how far you can go?

Throat job at the dinner table etc

• Registered Users Posts: 33,017 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

There's nothing wrong with it. I used to do it all the time when I was stating over at my girlfriend's parents house. Sometimes id'd even do it at the table during breakfast.

We are talking about drinking tea, right?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,648 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Wheres the option for "I havent dont it enough in my parent's place to be able to offer a parent's perspective..."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

i had girlfriends parents let me stay over when i was a teenager, my parents wouldn't have done the same and i could never imagine letting my children do it though! especially if i had a daughter.

• Advertisement

i had girlfriends parents let me stay over when i was a teenager, my parents wouldn't have done the same and i could never imagine letting my children do it though! especially if i had a daughter.

Some spotty little thug pounding away on your daughter whilst you cook his dinner so he has the energy to give her another ride. I dont think so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

sex?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

No sex please, we're Irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

I don't have wains yet but
    If it was my son then I'd highfive him....but only if the girl was hot.
    My daughter, well don't be silly, she wouldn't do things like that!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,017 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Some spotty little thug pounding away on your daughter whilst you cook his dinner so he has the energy to give her another ride. I dont think so.

... said the man with David Becham's undie-shot in his sig!

Anyway, who said anything about a guy...? The girl might be a lesbain and have her griflriend over.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    ... said the man with David Becham's undie-shot in his sig!

Anyway, who said anything about a guy...? The girl might be a lesbain and have her griflriend over.

hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm. So you are saying lickouts at the dinner table......interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Think it comes down to age and maturity. Anything under 18, definately not. 18 -21 depends on attitude and maturity. Anything over that is a bit over bearing. They should be well able to think for themselves at that age and make their own decisions.

Interesting about the different views between boys and girls. I'd be the same though if i had a daughter, would be far more protective of her than a son!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

uh drunk edit :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

OP, can you actually give a single reason why having sex is disrespecting your parents?

It isn't at all, unless they asked you not to.

OP, can you actually give a single reason why having sex is disrespecting your parents?

It isn't at all, unless they asked you not to.

You dont think sodomising someones daughter while they watch telly in the next room is disrespectful???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

You dont think sodomising someones daughter while they watch telly in the next room is disrespectful???

Heavens no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

The day my daughter walks up my driveway,boyfriend in tail,with his pyjamas under his arm, is the day my steel toe caps get cleaned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

No I don't, and so far no one has been able to give me a good reason why it is, except under the circumstances whereby the parents asked them not to, in which case you are disrespecting their wish to have dominion over their home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

No I don't, and so far no one has been able to give me a good reason why it is, except under the circumstances whereby the parents asked them not to, in which case you are disrespecting their wish to have dominion over their home.

see above post ^^^^

I would imagine no parent wants to know about their child having sex (at any age) in the same way no child wants to know about their parents having sex.

I think the OP meant their parent were ok about sleepovers and not penetrative activities.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭OnTheBalls

My girlfriends dad caught us having sex in his living room before. I think he thought it was funny all though it was pretty weird. Now he just jokes about it! I'm 21 she's 19 by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Yes yes yes, whilst I'm sure that this is very fascinating for eveyone, the important question I think that we all want to ask is

What would Trent say about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

When I was 17, girl 16 she stayed over and she slept in our uncomfortable spare bed. My Mother gave out saying she should have just slept in my bed cos it's comfortable. Then again my mam is cooler than all your mothers. Hell, since then i've done it in my mams bed nevermind the house. I did make sure she wasn't in it though.

Saying that since I was 18 I lived in a granny flat out the back so could get away with filthy things out there. Only moved out 3 months ago with the gf and now I don't have to worry at all about screams being heard.

(as long as I dispose of the hookers bodies without being seen)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

i used to ride my ex all over the gaff when her parents were in bed.

When i was done i put her back in her cot

She was in college most of the time we were at it so it was rest time when she was at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭jm99

i haven't slept over in the girlfriends never mind scored there after 14 months. she stays over at mine though and i'm sure we've been heard by my parents. we tend to get a bit carried away after a night out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Zainal

Your parents probably did it when you're in the house, so you're just returning the favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

This is what you may want to avoid !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhvbEh8Dv5g

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Different strokes for different folks

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I have stayed over with ex's before and had sex before in my house and theres, dont realy see the problem with it, if you have being allowed to stay chances are the parents know what could and probably will happen and are trusting of both of you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Different strokes for different folks
    A steady medium paced stroke works best in the company of ones folks.

Advertisement