Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Issues - Priest refuses to perform a wedding!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

smanning wrote: »
    A bit of wild accusation with no basis no? marriage will be pefect its the bloody church I am worried about.

How hard is it to understand that you can't simply demand a date and a time? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 smanning

i have to quote this again, just to re-iterate how stupid your whole argument is, apart from your dislike of the priest.
    is that morning not still your wedding day??! please i really really really want to know how you hope to bend time and space with that one!!

you will need to re-read my quote as you have messed up on that one. Gives people two opportunities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Why exactly is he getting married in a church ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

let me get this straight, you're not a catholic (i'd go as far as anti-theist, given your inflammatory responses) and you wan't to be married in a catholic church? (yet you claim not to be a hyppacrit!) :rolleyes:

Other boardsies have given you solid, substantial reasons for the priests hesitance to grant your wedding on this date, which you, in your arrogance, have dismissed out of hand simply because you don't like them.

You try to skew other's responses to suit yourself...

and you call everybody else deluded :confused:

it's kinda funny when the 16 year old has shown far greater maturity than you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

smanning wrote: »
    You need to read the facts. The church is open. I am not being unreasonable.

You need more than the church being open for a wedding.
    The priest has to be there, altar boys have to be there, the church needs to be decorated, the guy who plays the organ needs to be there, the church needs to be cleaned after your wedding, if there is snow or ice on the day, that needs to be cleared away as well, and the list goes on.
    Why should these people be inconveniened by you. You don't care about them or the church in general for the other 364 days of the year, so why should they care about you for that day?
    The story would definitely different, if you would attend mass regularly, even if it would be at a different church. They would probably be much more accomodating to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Antbert

I seriously cannot believe the OP hasn't conceded yet! This thread has been going for one million days!

I'm half expecting it to pop up in A&A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Given his views you can't help but wonder did he post in the wrong forum by accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Antbert wrote: »
    I seriously cannot believe the OP hasn't conceded yet! This thread has been going for one million days!

I'm half expecting it to pop up in A&A.
    I doubt the general theme of the responses would be all that different. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

smanning, with your permission I'm going to lock this thread. I'm sure you are not enjoying some of the harsh responses, and there is probably little else to be gained from it remaining open. However, if you disagree, please PM me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement