Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nicest car interior?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

tc20 wrote: »
    whats the yokeymejig on the far right of the A8s dash (on top) above the passenger airvent?

That's part of the bose sound system. They are floating tweeters or something, there is one on the driver side as well, they sink into the dash when the sound system is off. The idea is to isolate the sound system from the car structure so that you can have the music as loud as you like without it reverberating outside the car. It used to be a €5k option on the S8 only.

Edit: Meant B&O sound system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Rulmeq wrote: »
    Me too, but I have to say I'd take a Phaeton fully specd over a poverty spec A8. Also the Phaeton shares more with the Bentley than it does with the A8.
    Not necessarily a good thing... the steel chassis on the Phaeton and Bently weighs a half tonne more than the aluminium one in the A8.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

It looks fine except for that fake-look diseased-wood panelling

FYP :)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

How about this for an interior, in what is actually a 10 year old car. Only €28,000:

!!rS7t9gBm0~$(KGrHqMOKkEEsm5j-(VWBLJztErqc!~~_27.JPG

...just the right side of not gawdy. I like.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

bazz26 wrote: »
    Porsche Panamera's interior is pretty smart, alot nicer than the exterior anyway:

150-porsche-panamera-turbo.jpg
    h3000 wrote: »
    The Enterprise, it's there for size comparison. :D:D

StarshipEnterprise.jpg

mmm....I reckon all the car int designers have been thinking of the latter, 'cos.........I dunno, all the angles on the buttons on the Panamera prompted be to think of this guy's forehead.

Ode To The Motorist

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

L.O.F.T wrote: »
    Pagani Zonda F

800px-

There really is only one winner and you have it there my friend!

Now has anyone got €600,000 going spare? I've off to the local Pagani dealer...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

LP 560-4

innenraum_cockpit_frontal_39l-small.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Aston Martin Rapide

2010-aston-martin-rapide-interior-rear.jpg

aston-martin-rapide-interior-front.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭tc20

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    At the risk of dumming this down into real-world territory, I'm quite fond of the interior in my 06 Passat actually. Spacious, well designed and looks nice :)

Put it this way, when I was buying it, it was the Passat or an A4 (same year/engine etc) and I went for the Passat because of the more roomy interior, and more "modern" feel..

some, most of the posted interiors are fantastic, but are also out of reach of most of us posting here...so adding a touch of reality as Kaiser says, what say ye, good people of motors for best interior?

What little touches in your everyday motor puts a smile on your face? (the simple clarity and sparse functionality of my W123 does it for me).
    Or are there design flaws that gnaw at you? (the hazard switch on top of the steering column on Mk3 Golfs used to bug me no end.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

tc20 wrote: »
    some, most of the posted interiors are fantastic, but are also out of reach of most of us posting here...so adding a touch of reality as Kaiser says, what say ye, good people of motors for best interior?

What little touches in your everyday motor puts a smile on your face? (the simple clarity and sparse functionality of my W123 does it for me).
    Or are there design flaws that gnaw at you? (the hazard switch on top of the steering column on Mk3 Golfs used to bug me no end.)

Design flaws? In My old E30 BMW, the steering wheel blocked the view of the radio screen (its a minor niggle i know) but I did like how everything on the dash was angled towards the driver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭tc20

high horse wrote: »
    I did like how everything on the dash was angled towards the driver

yeah, i always liked the way the older BMWs had that angluar, driver-centric dash, Alfas too. Modern cars do it now in a much more curvy, swoopy kinda way to some degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

New Skoda Superb is one of the nicest interiors I have seen in a while. The older Superb comfortline is a fine piece of work too.
    Mazda 6 (2005), Audi A4 and Passats B5 and B6 model all have nice interiors.
    Eventhough I hate any type of Renaults with a passion, they certainly do have really nice interiors also.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

To go in a different direction the noble m15,very simplistic but I love it.d38324d63aab2ae68abd14eb266465b8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

To go in a different direction the noble m15,very simplistic but I love it.

Arrrgh! Looks like they spent 15 minutes designing it on a Commodore 64!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

Confab wrote: »
    Arrrgh! Looks like they spent 15 minutes designing it on a Commodore 64!

Haha ya I know it's not the most luxurious but I love the simplicity of it and the clean lines. I'd honestly prefer something like that interior to the zonda or phaeton. I'd agree with an earlier post that the range Rover probably has one of the best interiors

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Speedway wrote: »
    Haha ya I know it's not the most luxurious but I love the simplicity of it and the clean lines. I'd honestly prefer something like that interior to the zonda or phaeton. I'd agree with an earlier post that the range Rover probably has one of the best interiors

Yeah, gotta say I sorta like the clean look it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Speedway wrote: »
    Funny, I actually hate the Range Rover interior. Never liked it from pictures, then I was in one and my opinion of it fell even further.

Advertisement